It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway issues warnings about farmed Salmon....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

I grew up on the coast of northern B.C. and have been to Tofino, B.C. many times. It was there that I read one of their local free papers about the farmed fish disease and how the disease is spreading by people preparing the fish and washing the disease down the drain.

We're all linked in some way. Scary and sad.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It reminds me of the biblical warnings not to eat meat sacrificed to Idols. Money and Greed are peoples idols today. So, I am trying to stay away from "farmed" anything. As the health of the animals are compromised due to greedily looking for cheaper ways to grow food with less money.

I live on the Sacramento river in N. California, and we are repeatedly warned not to eat the River Salmon because of the heavy metals left over from the mining industry.

I guess its time for Aquaponics. It seems to be the only viable way to provide "clean" foods for your family.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: boymonkey74
My girst ever job was a fishmonger and I do not eay farmed salmon.

Same here, we had the same girst job, and I try to never eay farm raised seafood also, particularly salmon. I always found it to be substandard as compared to its wild caught counterpart.

You phone really sozs by the way.

Lol made me laugh that

I think it's me fat fingers lol...plus I typed it in the rain waiting for the X63 bus

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Aquaponics is what they call farmed salmon....!!
Every time we try to make nature over produce to make a profit...we seem to pay more than we get back in so many diabolical ways we cannot encompass with our pea brains.....
Why would any sane person bring Atlantic Salmon to our Pacific habitat in the first damn place.....MONEY MONEY and damn the future we make the money NOW!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When ti comes to salmon farming, Global Salmon Institute helps me a lot and there committed to making significant improvements in terms of industry sustainability and our actions reflect the objectives and principles which define our mission.
Visit www.globalsalmoninitiative.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mscarey

Hey mscarey - very intriguing. I checked it all out. They sound like they have great intentions and the right thinking.

I would be all for farmed salmon if it didn't affect the wild salmon, the cycle of nature that it sustains and were healthy to eat. If this organization can provide all this then I'm all for it.

I don't see it happening, it's not natural.

Kind of like the pet store guy just told my daughter that had a loss of 5 of her fish tank fish: there are no elements of natural selection in a fish breeder's tank because the breeder will do everything in their power to make all his stock live so that he can sell the supply to the pet store. In the end the weak ones out of the bunch that were "healthy" will eventually succumb to the new tank conditions because they are now faced with issues that weren't in their tank prior, i.e.: other fish health, new food, algae, bacteria, water flow, ph, fresh water, etc, etc, etc. So in her tank it WAS a natural selection taking place and the weak additions died.

So although your link is very promising I'm not feeling it. But to imagine it working - that would be fantastic.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

A LOT of Norwegian Salmon are actually GMO salmon being fed Monsanto stuff... no wonder they now have turned into something unhealthy.

For the sake of the universe people, when the # do we stop poisoning our own home for profit!??

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I agree, just like KFC, here in australia we you can buy a chicken breast piece and it's the size of your fist, but go over to Woolworths (supermarket) you can buy chicken breasts the size of your feet. I would've thought for a chicken to grow that big would have to grow for while, but with all the high demand i know there is no way they can achieve this.

So KFC sells pigeon breasts ?

Woolworths sells pterodactyl breasts ?

Do bum-nuts even come from chickens anymore ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join