It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Booms heard across Adelaide, South Australia Sunday 11th Jan 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Foothills here, No booms heard on Sunday.

And as far as the weather, this is Totally Normal in our Adelaide summer, happens every year.

We have a hot spell then it Always breaks with thunder storms, like clockwork.

Many of you are too young, but the "Famous" Ash Wednesday of the early 80s...it was hot for several days, the fires came, did all the damage as fires always do, and that Very night, it rained like hell!!!.
The next day...like this morning, the hills were covered in fog and it was freezing cold....I know, I was working up there the day after the fires.

The weather we are have in Adelaide right now, is perfectly normal and we've had the same as long as we have been here....and the Aboriginals before us.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sueloujo

Back in WWII, the British government tried to pass V2 attacks off as gas explosions. Not saying that there are V2s bombarding England, but that it's a go to sort of excuse.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

very true, I was just a kid but I do remember the ash wednesday fire storm. But unfortunately for all of us the temperature is on the rise.

So are you going to join our esteemed gentlemens club gort?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
a reply to: mortex

Good idea - its certainly happening heaps, perhaps we can compete with the Chemtrails theorists.

BTW, before our innagural Adelaide Piss Up / Conspiracy fest I dont beleive in Chemtrails so dont push me after my first 6 Schooners, I can be one nasty fooker :-)

Hey can you describe the Booms you heard, the ones on youtube in the UK sounded like Firecrackers rather than booms, but I thought at the time that you would know the difference between booms and fireworks. Firecworks are definately earth based or low altitude but you would know if they were in the heavens like thunder or a very high aircraft.

I wonder if they could be returning space craft, not sure why they would re-enter over population though.

The booms I heard were deep sounding. The first few were separate and I didn't really pay much attention or give them any thought after hearing them. Then there was a sound that was almost like a large passenger aircraft coming in low except a deeper sound, which caught my attention because that would be odd over my house. Then there were several booms, fairly deep sounding again, in quick succession.

Definitely was not fireworks of any kind.

A small community fireworks display at Lightsview wouldn't be heard at Woodville Park, let alone 40km south at Seaford Rise.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

And as far as the weather, this is Totally Normal in our Adelaide summer, happens every year.

Many of you are too young, but the "Famous" Ash Wednesday of the early 80s...it was hot for several days, the fires came, did all the damage as fires always do, and that Very night, it rained like hell!!!.
The next day...like this morning, the hills were covered in fog and it was freezing cold....I know, I was working up there the day after the fires.

The weather we are have in Adelaide right now, is perfectly normal and we've had the same as long as we have been here....and the Aboriginals before us.

Sunday was a warm day though, no rain.
I've been arguing with people actually about the weather. I'm telling them it's perfectly normal to have a rain event after a burst of extreme heat and bush fires, and that it's happened before interstate. Too young for either of the Ash Wednesdays, wasn't even born actually.

But this is the first time I've heard unexplained booms. The last booms we heard were the earth tremors we've had in recent years, and the noise was the tremor. We had no tremor or quake on Sunday, and it was sunny for the most part and warm all day.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I live in West Beach, near Glenelg, heard nothing on Sunday and we had all house windows open. We're across the road from the airport too and generally hear everything going on there and nothing unusual was noted by myself, my partner or either of my two older children.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Bloody H*^#! dont you guys in Adelaide have anything better to do than get on ATS? I cant believe how many there are. BTW weird guy, I used to live at Maslin Beach for about a year, 75 Gulf Pde I think. Im in Central Vic now. The club sounds good but I am a bit too far, am holidaying there in a couple of months though.

Re www.abovetopsecret.com... , if it was the same boom, skipping off the atmosphere or whatever it would have been heard in Adelaide at about 12:30 Adelaide time, so it wouldn't have been the same sound. But it could have been the same cause.
edit on 13/1/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
The club sounds good but I am a bit too far, am holidaying there in a couple of months though.

Clubs on hold whilst moretex sorts through his anger issues, more like Semtex the way he goes off!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The club sounds good but I am a bit too far, am holidaying there in a couple of months though.

Clubs on hold whilst moretex sorts through his anger issues, more like Semtex the way he goes off!

Huh

As long as there's beer or whiskey, my anger is in check.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Huh

As long as there's beer or whiskey, my anger is in check.

Your SAS thread outburst.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Could it be pinpointed to the River Torrens ?

If so - Popeye is getting on ... could be letting some flatulence go above the waterline ...

Hey who knows !

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Initial suspicions are that this is related to rock tension/stress/friction of the tectonic plates,if memory serves there is a weak point near/on the locations mentioned in this thread..anyway.. Here ya go!

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Initial suspicions are that this is related to rock tension/stress/friction of the tectonic plates,if memory serves there is a weak point near/on the locations mentioned in this thread..anyway.. Here ya go!

poleshift.ning.com...

There is a few fault lines that run under metropolitan Adelaide and surrounding areas.

Could it have anything to do with fracking?
There's fracking going on in the remote north east of the state in the Cooper Basin. Huge gas reserves out there. Although it is several hundred kilometers away from Adelaide...

Perhaps there's fracking going on nearby other places around the world where these mysterious boom sounds are being heard?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

poleshift.ning.com...

There is a few fault lines that run under metropolitan Adelaide and surrounding areas.

Could it have anything to do with fracking?
There's fracking going on in the remote north east of the state in the Cooper Basin. Huge gas reserves out there. Although it is several hundred kilometers away from Adelaide...

Perhaps there's fracking going on nearby other places around the world where these mysterious boom sounds are being heard?

I'd say less than likely. For it to come from the North all the way down to Adelaide, people would have reported it all along the fault lines and there would be some decent seismic activity up in the Cooper Basin. Unless we are not being told something about what's going on up there.....

What the link is about is the theoretical pole shift as put forward by Edgar Cayce among other people. I've read up on it a lot and some kind of larger mechanism than fracking would have to cause that.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow. Didn't realise there were so many Adelaidians kicking about on here, I've been here for a while but more lurk than post.

However, I was in the Riverland last weekend and heard what I thought was thunder and didn't think much of it. Now I am beginning to question that.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AussieNutter
Wow. Didn't realise there were so many Adelaidians kicking about on here, I've been here for a while but more lurk than post.

However, I was in the Riverland last weekend and heard what I thought was thunder and didn't think much of it. Now I am beginning to question that.

Did you also see the other related thread on the booms?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh cinrad has it linked above.

edit on 17-1-2015 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AussieNutter

We are everywhere!

It's weird because some people heard these booms, while others in the same or nearby areas didn't.
Really don't know what to make of it all.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well here we are in 2017, and more strange booms.

Last night(Friday night), or should I say Saturday morning around 2am, a series of loud rumbling booms that shook houses, windows, sent dogs and pets into panic mode, etc were heard across Adelaide.

At first Geoscience Australia said it was a small tremor south of Adelaide, about 1.4 on the richter.
Then they quickly changed that and said it wasn't a tremor but thunder.

This sound neither like thunder nor like a tremor.
The effect these booms had were more reminiscent of a Boeing 777 taking off over the metro area. Which there are quite a few which take off throughout the week especially at night. Should be noted there are no commercial flights after 11pm till 6am.

I checked a few plane tracking apps and there were no planes flying over the metro area, certainly none leaving the airport nor any flying way above enroute to Melbourne.

What I find interesting is that the forecast was for some possible light showers over night into the morning. Nothing significant.

After the second or third boom is when I checked the plane tracker apps, because the windows rattling reminded me of a 777 taking off. It's not unusual for international flights to be diverted here for various reasons. Like I said nothing on there.
So checked the weather app, the official BOM.gov.au app, thinking maybe it was thunder...and there's this huge band of heavy rainfall headed our way. Then an hour later it was bucketing down.

I've spoken to people who were in positions over night either outdoors or close enough while working who said they heard the booms as well, and shortly before the rain there was a burst of lightning and then the downpour.

The booms were heard across the whole metro area at the same time.

Was this just a weather anomaly? How could they get it so wrong?
How could they get it wrong and say it was a tremor and then chAnge it to thunder? Again that's also a pretty big difference.

Was this really just a freak weather anomaly/event or was it something else?

The woomera test range isn't that far. Not long ago a guy had his drone shut down mysteriously and it dropped out of the sky followed by a small mushroom cloud in the distance.

Was this perhaps some sort of weather manipulation?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Lithospheric tearing.....

The Adelaide hills are a big fault line. Drive over the hills to the Murray river side of them and follow them along. There is some pretty major uplifting there caused by ancient quakes. My favorite is the old villa right next to a sheer rock face at least 30 metres high.

Anyways, those booms are most likely the deep bedrock splitting and getting ready for more movement.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Sorry to bump from so far back..but this past week or two, with the extreme heat we've had for days, and then the temperature dropping to something more bearable, I've noticed Mount Lofty covered in fog to the point you can barely see the red lights on the transmission towers at night. The temps over night on hot days have been dropping to the mid 20's, on cold nights to the mid to high teens. At least on two nights though, when the temps were still just above 30 in the city, Mount Lofty was shrouded in fog. Weird.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join