It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are citizen of the world, 3.3 million people in the street in France

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Indeed it does...

Apologists, sympathizers, and/or supporters about. (and not just here)

...and no, I don't buy the "Obama is a Muslim" ideal. That's irrelevant to what I am saying.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
and Palistine and Israel marched together, I asked a while back on the forum if Palistine and Israel wanted peace would the world let them.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
and Palistine and Israel marched together, I asked a while back on the forum if Palistine and Israel wanted peace would the world let them.

That was indeed a jaw dropping moment.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

sure was

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

sure was

It was quite a historical day on many levels, and at least for me has restored a bit more faith in humanity.

Also, I will never criticize the French for lacking fortitude.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Bigger question is...

Where is president Obama?

All of those leaders there, and the leader of the free world is not?

Hawai, playing golf.

His absence speaks volumes

Does it?.. what dose it say?

Obama did say "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

In this case, I think that speaks even more.

But he thinks it's ok to slander Christians.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Will France address the over 700 "no go" zones where they allow Sharia Law to take root? Where the police are scared to go into because the Leftist government of France allowed this to happen for votes?

Protests are nice and all, but they are about as ridiculous as our medical community when it comes to treating the symptoms and not the disease!

A country has laws, and to allow any political/religion persuasion to immigrate into that county and give them a free pass to create their own laws and territories because of votes is criminal IMO!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What about a mars against those foreign wars that happened in the middle east in recent years by the west?
Millions died? and such things we see in Paris is a daily happening in for example Syria.
Bombings in Iraq long before that and, a total mess and just not worth reporting anymore, I mean, it's no news because it's happening there daily.

These guys who did those horrible things in Paris where basicly a product of those wars > creating chaos (with taking out several leaders like Saddam and Gaddafi) and supporting terrorists to fight Assad with giving them lots of money (why do these guys go there? they must earn some decent money perhaps as well??).
So then they go back to Europe and have easy access to weapons and come back really really messed up where killing became their second nature... And this Paris thing could be a taste for what to come and not looking in the rear mirror for 1 second!
edit on 11-1-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Which wars would that be ?

The Ottoman Empire?

The Persian Empire ?

The Assyrian Empire ?

The Roman Empire.

The Crusades by the Christians'.

Then the Islamic Empires that stretched all the way to Spain, and Northern Africa.

Modern problems with radical Islam isn't so very 'modern'.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Recent wars (the last 10 years since the 2003 Iraq invasion and until now).
As I said from the start before the attack on Iraq, it isn't smart poking with a sick in a beehive and or taking out dog keepers..
It wasn't chaos before that, it sure is now over there.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It wasn't chaos before that, it sure is now over there.

Yes it was.

IT's been the same snip over there different century different Millenia

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Right.....

Iraq, Syria, Lybia where just the same before those invasions and always the same before that, just like Europe is still the same today as in WW2....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In America we don`t know how to get 3.3 million people to peacefully assemble,even for a good cause, without someone getting shot, mugged, or looting breaking out. America has become a very uncivilized country.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Did you miss the revolts by the kurds?

Iran/Iraq war

Yom kipper

6 days war

Ww1

Ww 2

Heck go back to the crusade time frame they weren't united even then.

I know it's hip to blame the us for everything from the common cold to the dog pooping on your lawn but try to think sometimes for yourself.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: I hate my phones auto correct

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It seems amazing that within a couple of posts the thread tries to get diverted to anti Americanism and all that.

What a great show of solidarity - what does it do? It says to the extreemists we dont care about your views, you can not win.

Sure it wont stop them, but next time there will be 6 million on the streets, they will never win, of course they are fanatical so will never learn, but when 3 million people get off their arse then you better listen, because those 3 million and all the other supporters shape the future, they vote, they educate, they celebrate, lest we forget.

I hope we see this every year, remembrance day, remembering that we will not go down to terrorists.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm French, I'm 35, and I was there today.

Let me say I've never been very proud of France.I don't support our governments, being from left, right, or center. It's always the same thing.
I know we are territory of Human Rights, but in my view, we were not anymore, since a long time.
But we have been hurted.

It was the first time of my life I felt something like this : we were, at the same time, christians, muslims, jews, atheics, french, israelians, palestinians, algerians, white, black. 3.3 millions of people, and everyone walking for the same cause.

Something like this never occured. The old people say they didn't see something like this, even after WW2.

We think we can laugh about everything, because it makes people talk and think. We think we could draw funny things because it helps saying hard truths. We say we are not afraid.

It may have been a false flag, I'm almost sure it was in a way, but it doesn't really matters : we were there today, and it happened.

I really hope this will go on, and we could wake up (but I don't think so, tomorrow people will return to work and will continue to give up their freedom).
I really hope every country in the world, every people will follow. We can fight the kalachnikovs with pens. We can make the mankind united against hate and violence. Please do the same in your country. Please spread the word : we are smarter, words and drawings are more powerfull than guns.

To the man who asked about it : the big white puppet in the crowd is Marianne. Marianne is the French figure for liberty, equality, fraternity, human rights, freedom of thought. It comes from the french revolution in 1789 if I recall correctly. I don't think giving her a sword today was a smart idea, thought.

Edit : You're right : we have in the same place Israelians, Palestinians and many other country leaders. Poutine was excluded, but you're right, were is Obama ? This is one VIP missing, I find this very strange.

Deep thanks for this global support.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Stouf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

It is wonderful to see, you should be very proud!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Err one thing though, the Ottoman Empire was by far the most succesful Empire in all of human history, so....just sayin, it was a pretty progressive empire. And much of the basis of modern science stemmed from the Moors conquering Spain.

Its never really ever been about religion to be honest, its mostly always been about resources and wealth.

Comparatively speaking Europe has historicaly been much more volatile than the middle east.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

Bigger question is...

Where is president Obama?

All of those leaders there, and the leader of the free world is not?

Hawai, playing golf.

His absence speaks volumes

Does it?.. what dose it say?

Obama did say "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

In this case, I think that speaks even more.

WOW! Obama actually defended a group of people? He doesn't do that with Americans. And WOW...he defended a religion? But only Islam huh. And WOW...again...why wasn't his sorry ass there marching with all the other, important world leaders to denounce terrorism? I wanted him there...did you want him there? Why wasn't our paid employee there?

Maybe he supports Islam...only? His father was a Muslim...right? Hmmm. May...ummm...no. Couldn't be...right?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A thread about France, and the second reply is about America. "Priorities"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join