It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2K Feared Dead in Nigeria Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Islamic militants in Nigeria have butchered and burned hundreds of people—perhaps 2,000 or more—during attacks that began last weekend and continued again Wednesday, CNN reports.

2K Feared Dead in Nigeria Attacks

NOW we're hearing about it in the MSM news.

Most victims are women, children, and the elderly who were unable to outrun Boko Haram's assault weapons and rocket-propelled grenades, the Guardian reports. If the death toll really is around 2,000, "this marks a disturbing and bloody escalation of Boko Haram's ongoing onslaught," says an Amnesty International researcher.
(same link)

Hundreds of bodies – too many to count – remain strewn in the bush in Nigeria from an Islamic extremist attack that Amnesty International described as the “deadliest massacre” in the history of Boko Haram.

Boko Haram's 'deadliest massacre': 2,000 feared dead in Nigeria

Reported on ATS a couple days ago - but then it was an 'old' source and could not be added to BAN.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

There's pictures to add but I prefer to include only a link. It's so deplorable it might not pass ATS T&C - and God forbid anyone gets a little queasy stomach or has to feel bad right? Link to photos = Photos

Like some have asked on the other thread here on ATS? - WHERE IS THE UN? Or anyone for that matter. Oh wait! In France and ready for the playoffs! Sorry for asking. *GRRR*!

peace
edit on 10-1-2015 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Isn't this the religion of peace? And isn't radical Islam just a figment of our imagination?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Added Note: It would be appreciated if we could stick to the topic. Not just why this happened but how it should be dealt with and how we can stop it from happening again. This is much preferable to digressing and regurgitating more of the Qur'an says this the Bible says that banter.

We're talking about 2000 dead - Old women, children, those who couldn't run away, get away and why no one is doing anything about it.

Thanks

Peace
edit on 10-1-2015 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I thought this Was the topic. You can't hardly have a discussion about what happened without bringing in the reason. Just my opinion. But it sets my emotions on fire to see something like this done in the name of Allah, and then with 2000+ people just murdered people want to defend Islam. Everywhere they pop up they leave mayhem behind. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't want to say how to deal with them its that bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

We're talking about 2000 dead - Old women, children, those who couldn't run away, get away and why no one is doing anything about it.

Considering the Quran does not mention anything like the above mentioned by Silo...

No that's not the topic.

Personal responsibility means you cannot scapegoat a Religion for a Humans decision to be involved in barbarism such as this.

Personal responsibility...
Look it up.

It's a favourite around here for dead young black people killed by police...
It's often bypassed when it comes to Islam though.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This might actually be a case where it's not in the name of Allah. I suspect Boko Haram would do what they do without a religion. They're simply brutal and not unlike a lot of other groups throughout Africa's history. It's unfortunate but the value of life in some places is dismal.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If the U.S./Western world is so hell bent on interventionism, then why not in cases like this? Not enough money, private contracts, resources to be had, I guess...

I'm a real pacifist (except for self-others defense) and think every violent person can be retrained/loved/educated to become a decent human... but the time and effort needed to make these murderers civilized is just too much... erasure from the planet just seems more economical... being fully aware of the hypocrisy of the stance.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here's one viewpoint =

Peters' Plan to Fight Terror: 'Leave Behind Smoking Ruins & Crying Widows'

“One: You accept that you are in a war. Two: You name the enemy, Islamist terrorists. Three: You get the lawyers off the battlefield […] you accept there will be collateral damage and you do not apologize for it. You do not nation build, you don’t try to hold ground. You go wherever in the world the terrorists are and you kill them, you do your best to exterminate them, and then you leave, and you leave behind smoking ruins and crying widows. If in five or 10 years, they reconstitute and you gotta go back, you go back and do the same thing, and you never, never, never send American troops into a war you don’t mean to win,” Peters said.

Hmmm....

Col. David Hunt said that there must be economic pressure in addition to the military campaign that Peters detailed. Hunt said that just killing terrorists has not worked.

“Killing them is the only thing that works,” Peters fired back.

Hunt maintained that killing militants won’t stop terror as long as there’s state sponsorship of terrorism.

“I’ve got no issue with killing terrorists, I don’t care where they are. My point is it has not worked,” Hunt said.

I'm still looking for the full interview to post.

peace

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You'd think they could be removed easily by any 1st world nation. Don't know why every body is looking the other way.

The U.S. has too many irons in the fire as it is..........

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We used a few deaths by Sadam of people who defied his rule to justify attacking Iraq. Yet there is evidence of thousands of innocent people killed and the US does nothing here. Maybe they don't have oil.. The US rarely does anything for humanitarian reasons, there needs to be something in it for certain people.

Oh well, no use ranting about it, it won't be changing in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We used a few deaths by Sadam of people who defied his rule to justify attacking Iraq. Yet there is evidence of thousands of innocent people killed and the US does nothing here. Maybe they don't have oil.. The US rarely does anything for humanitarian reasons, there needs to be something in it for certain people.

Oh well, no use ranting about it, it won't be changing in my lifetime.

People are going to have to begin to accept the idea that the U.S. is longing to get out of the business of being the world's police. SICK of it. "The US does nothing". Hearing that is really getting old. Every 1st world country has an army, a navy, and an airforce.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

But 12 French people died and France is a western country and they were almost all white!!
It's far more important!!
/sarc

This was in the news before the French incidents and nobody bats an eyelid.
Hundreds are killed daily in the middle east and North Africa by terrorists and it doesn't even make the news.
This is the world we live in.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We are going to need to head in the direction of some type of "global military", who is staffed and financed by the global community to intervene in these situations. The US, the UK, and Canada shouldn't need to be the only ones willing to send our young people to fight these wars.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How much more is it going to take for someone to stand up and say enough is enough?
Send out an open invitation to all the worlds Muslim fanatics.

Meet in Iraq, April 2015. Come prepared - winner takes all

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
so rather than bikker about what WE think about what the Koran says..I decided to do a little reading and thinking. .....

so here we have this nutcase boko haram running around with a heavily armed force that may number up to 9000, most reports say approx 5000 or less. he is fighting the Nigerian armed force and conducts cross boarder raids into Cameroon and chad. the Nigerian armed forces numbers about 200,000 and Cameroon army is apprx 10,000 (not including naval ect) Numbers would seem to be on the govt forces side......so the question is why has boko haram been so successful in its attacks and just the fact that it is still around? is it sympathy from the population or lack of will from the govt?

apprx a little less than half of Nigerian states are under sharia law, which basically is the entire northern half of the country..this is where haram forces camp out.....very mountainous and the population is Islamic....but this is where he conducts most of his raids, killing Muslim and Christians alike, or anyone else he wants. the groups "official " title is "People Committed to the Prophet's Teachings for Propagation and Jihad". It seeks the establishment of an Islamic state in Nigeria, and opposes the Westernising of Nigerian society. he uses the Koran as justification to kill all he sees fit to kill. and all these other terror groups use the Koran as justification to kill people that don't believe like they do. so I don't believe like you do, well welcome to the world.

I guess the point to my rambling.. if a population can't or won't rise up to stop a demon that hides behind what amounts to their own beliefs and uses it as justification to kill in the name of those beliefs what hope is there? (you could take that statement and put it on a lot of situations.)

I didn't want to single out a specific group but I must. until the "non radical" Muslim/Islamic culture or people decide to stand up and say 'brother, enough is enough', there is no hope. (we could also talk all day about the west and sticking their nose into things they shouldn't, but that's a whole nother thread)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Yea and keep in mind, for all the flap we have been hearing about pissing some off, this in context to Paris. Then add the recent Pakistani massacre and what ISIS has been up to and WHAMMY!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Like some have asked on the other thread here on ATS? - WHERE IS THE UN? Or anyone for that matter. Oh wait! In France and ready for the playoffs! Sorry for asking. *GRRR*!

peace

Soldiers are pointless. It is just a death sentence for them. You can't wage war against an enemy who can be anyone and everyone. This is a problem Muslims need to solve.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I agree here. It is a problem to be solved by those who are affected.

Still, it sucks and I feel for them. BH is so small in number compared to security forces or even just the population.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There's only one solution- other than killing everyone on the continent. We need to completely pull out of Africa and the middle east and let them revert back to a tribal society. Then they will at least have some order and, more importantly, no way to threaten us.

The problem is that business will never allow it because they want to sell things to everyone on the planet no matter how much damage it causes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join