It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request for ATS to put back and show the time-honored slogan 'Deny Ignorance'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Yeah most of the posters who know what ATS is about and what the alogan stands for know how to read an OP and reply in civilised manner.

But there are always those that roam these boards without a clue.

You are correct for reporting it.

link   

Some here are going to see this slogan as a sort of "intellectual oppression". To them it looms over the place like a sort of mother superior and her ruler. I try to see it more like a fine pole dancer.

link   
double post....d*mn smartphones!!
edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 12 Jan 2015 05:19:13 -0600am311920151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thanks. This is the only time that someone has quoted a post of mine and edited it to change the words (which is why I asked him where he got it. I don't see it posted anywhere else on this thread, and it surely isn't my opening post although he attributes it to me). Signed, Slandered in Seattle.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Some here are going to see this slogan as a sort of "intellectual oppression". To them it looms over the place like a sort of mother superior and her ruler. I try to see it more like a fine pole dancer.

When I was a child I actually had a Mother Superior, the grammar school's principal, smack me with a ruler in her office. I cried, and the MS accused me of shedding 'Crocodile tears'. Thanks for retraumatizing me. I try to see everything as a fine pole dancer (even Bad Mother Superior).

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

as enlightening as that sounds the whole slogan would then have 6 syllables . "enlighten ignorance"

ats = 3
enlighten ignorance = 6

hmmm

funbox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiveForever8

I've never really been a fan of the 'Deny Ignorance' slogan.

I'd rather a competition for a NEW slogan completely.

Well, the time for denying ignorance is at a end. Maybe time to move on to, "Defy Ignorance". Slapping the face of Ignorance with the Hand of Knowledge
No no, to violent, how about Filling the ignorance glass, with knowledge. Well, you get my point. lol lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join