It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request for ATS to put back and show the time-honored slogan 'Deny Ignorance'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just because I miss it. It seems ATS's official slogan would fit well right after the red "Youtube" button on the top left of the page, in-between that and the social media and u2u bar on the top right.

The slogan, of course, is as known to people who were around awhile ago as the name ATS itself, but lots of the new editors may not be as aware of it.

Maybe have a contest for a stylistic looking 'Deny Ignorance' slogan? Just ideas (but I'd love to see the avatar design people work on a very good looking 'Deny Ignorance' slogan, that'd be cool and those folks are way too creative to be human!)

edit on 10-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Maybe an easily found FAQ explaining the PTB etc.
Although SO apparently feels a lurking incubation period is the better approach.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I've never really been a fan of the 'Deny Ignorance' slogan.

I'd rather a competition for a NEW slogan completely.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

I fell the same as you,everytime someone would quote it in a thread I would cringe.Terrible slogan in my opinion,not surprised they dropped it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The slogan, of course, is as known to people who were around awhile ago as the name ATS itself, but lots of the new editors may not be as aware of it.

I believe they are aware of it, but do not understand the meaning of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

As far as I know it's not dropped, it was just removed when all the changes were made. But your post, and the one before, shows why it should be put back - it's ATS's slogan, and one people used to live by here.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

it's ATS's slogan, and one people used to live by here.

And some still do.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The slogan got misunderstood because people were thinking of the wrong meaning of "deny".
It was best understood as "repudiate", or in the military sense of "denying" an enemy.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I agree. Despite the fact many complained of the use of it and /or the meaning behind it...it belongs as part of ATS and should remain the motto despite how some perceive it. I agree with using it on future avatars as well and will try to incorporate that into my creations.

edit on 10-1-2015 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My two cents:

1. Deny ignorance is/was always a pretty awkward phrase to me as well.

2. It's probably fitting that it is gone.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Well, this thread has taken a turn, I thought it's still our slogan. So some people here are saying it's no longer ATS's slogan?? Maybe an admin or owner can clarify. As far as I know, it still us, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

it's ATS's slogan, and one people used to live by here.

And some still do.
And some really don't,that's why I cringe when I hear it.
You can't expect all the people who use this site to live by a slogan.We aren't a military unit or the like.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: LiveForever8

I fell the same as you,everytime someone would quote it in a thread I would cringe.Terrible slogan in my opinion,not surprised they dropped it.

Exactly so. There is no better example of the reverse use of that slogan than those that continue to deny all aspects of the incredibly long and detailed history of UFOs. Their manner reminds me of Hillery's famous statement, a self-serving denial of a self-evident truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

You can't expect all the people who use this site to live by a slogan.We aren't a military unit or the like

No but just totally disregarding it makes us no different than other CT forums out there that encourage ignorance.

That is what makes ATS stand out over the rest...We Deny Ignorance

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you miss it, do what I do and put it in your signature.

Needs to come back and be displayed on each page though.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

We Deny Ignorance

I don't.

I neither deny nor reject ignorance.

I try to enlighten.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I've gotta say, I cringe every time I see "Exposing BS, One turd at a time". How is that either funny or clever ?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

It was seeing your sig on another page that inspired me to put up this page. Now I await with bated breath (or at least a few very good crackers and jam) to see a response to find out if it is still our official slogan or not. I hope so.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

Amen, glass raised high (no glass, but crackers, and jam).

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
I hope so.

May I ask, what difference would it make?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join