It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewriting history: Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk says USSR invaded Germany during WWII

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has made some surprising statements during his visit to Germany, saying that USSR invaded Germany during the Second World War. Alexander Mercouris, International Affairs Editor for the Russia Insider magazine, says that Yatsenyuk is trying to win sympathy in Germany, but is ultimately failing to do so

I've heard the excuse that the German attack in 1941 was a preemptive strike because the Soviet Union was just about to strike Germany. This the one of the many self-justifications used by Nazis during and after the war. But to actually have a modern European Prime Minister mouth it is still shocking.

EDIT - I know this is RT and is a dubious site for accurate news on certain items, but what he is saying cannot be ignored, he is trying to re-write history, the question is why?
edit on 10/1/15 by Phatdamage because: add edit

edit on 10/1/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage
The USSR did invade Germany.

They occupied a large part of it and turned into the German "Democratic" Republic. The collapse of the USSR resulted in Germany being re-joined as a single nation.

The OP needs to go and read a history book rather than relying on RT.com, the Russian authorities propagandist mouthpiece.

Regards

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They occupied a large part of it and turned into the German "Democratic" Republic. The collapse of the USSR resulted in Germany being re-joined as a single nation.

I believe that was after the second world war....

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

What an epic fail... If we are sensitive to one thing then it is WWII, if he would want to make nice weather, he shouldn't mention Nazis at all. That goes for everybody who wants to be friend with a German. But then even remotly hinting we were not the ones terrorising the world, that's just wrong on so so so many levels. Dichter und Henker, watch out!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Take your own advice and read a history book then...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

But to actually have a modern European Prime Minister mouth it is still shocking.

What is shocking is that anyone trusts RT. Hitler and Stalin signed a mutual non-aggression pact which both of them intended to break. Hitler went first, but Stalin's troops eventually fought the Germans all the way back to Berlin, looting and raping as they went. When confronted about his troops' crimes by Churchill, Stalin replied "Boys will be boys...."

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hitler struck first.

So no he is talking BS in that regard.

But I think it is a certainty if Hitler had not started it Stalin would have struck a few years later.

There was room for only one genocidal megalomaniac dictator of a super power in Europe.

Both were evil SOB's.

Hitler just strike first as he knew that was his only chance why the Russians were poorly equipped and disorganization.
If he had waited a year or two it would have been Russia pouring across the border.
edit on 10-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

i understand that but the question is why is the Ukrainian Prime Minister bringing it up now? to make Russia look like bullies?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

i understand that but the question is why is the Ukrainian Prime Minister bringing it up now? to make Russia look like bullies?

To remind the German people, potential allies, that Russians are capable of brutality. So, yes, to remind people that Russia can be a bully.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I believe that was after the second world war....

Except that fact that Germany didn't surrender until MAy of 1945 and the Russians were in Berlin in April of 1945...I would say you need to check the facts.

And they have a movie coming out detailing what Russian troops did to German women in Germany during their occupation.

The movie, A Woman In Berlin, is based on the diary of the German journalist Marta Hillers and depicts the horror of the Red Army's capture of the capital of the Third Reich in April and May 1945.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So it seems the report was wrong...and the fact RT ran it it isn't surprising.
edit on 10-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

As I see it Germany is an ally to everybody. After that sabre rattling and industrialised killing of people didn't work, we see if we can achieve world domination with our second leg now, like I said, Dichter und Henker, or poets and deathsman. But eventually the world will realise that we are the superiour race...
Just kidding, I hope that was obvious.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Is Russia denying the fact that it happened, because that seems to be what they are doing?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Take your own advice and read a history book then...

Are you denying the fact that RUssia did invade and occupy Berlin before the war was over, because there are witnesses that say different.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No. But as he putted it it sounded like he said the separation into BRD and DDR was due to a Russian invasion and it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No. But as he putted it it sounded like he said the separation into BRD and DDR was due to a Russian invasion and it wasn't.

So it sounded like that yet that isn't what was said...so it is speculation on your part I see.

So essentially the report from RT is wrong as he isn't trying to rewrite history as the OP video tries to say. Because according to the facts it actually happened.
edit on 10-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

He was implying that the Russians were the aggressors in WW2....and apparently you are too. You've really got to let go of this extraordinary hatred you have for Russia mate, and start looking at things objectively....

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

He was implying that the Russians were the aggressors in WW2....and apparently you are too. You've really got to let go of this extraordinary hatred you have for Russia mate, and start looking at things objectively....

They were aggressors side by side with Germany.

They also invaded Poland as part of the non aggression park and dont forget there catastrophic invasion of Finland.....

Russia were not exactly blameless here.
edit on 10-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Super funny. Want to join Yatsenyuk on the fail-bank? You earned your seat next to him. Take it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

He was implying that the Russians were the aggressors in WW2.

Where does he insinuate that, as he says they invaded and they did...what is not true about that as they were occupying Berlin at the end of the war.

Or did Germany invite them in for a visit?

and apparently you are too.

Care to show me where I said anything close to that, because I am going on fact...and the facts are they did invade Germany, and nowhere does it say they were the aggressors and neither did I...get the facts straight before you distort them.

You've really got to let go of this extraordinary hatred you have for Russia mate, and start looking at things objectively....

It has nothing to do with the Russian people, as it was the military and the government that has done that, and you need to pay attention to facts and get away from the fantasy world you seem to be in.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Super funny. Want to join Yatsenyuk on the fail-bank? You earned your seat next to him. Take it.

So when someone refutes your rendition of the facts you have a problem...btw where did he fail as the facts are out there and the facts show he is right as they did invade and occupy parts of Berlin before the war ended.

Care to refute the facts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join