It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is focused/one pointedness meditation demonic?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rtardx

I can see why you might say that, but I can assure you that I am no prophet. I study ancient calendars and their biblical roots. My research is based on objective calculations, but have also been confirmed by the visions given to a gifted Christian by the name of Iris Nasreen. The dates related to her visions are directly related to an early form of the Paleo-Hebrew calendar that very few people are even aware existed. Some of the more famous "false predictions" are also based on this mysterious knowledge...for example, that of William Miller in 1844, and the Mayan fiasco of 12/21/2012. There is much more than meets the eye in these cases.

Here is my first thread on the subject:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many of my other threads are connected to the above link.

I suppose all we can do is wait and see. Its not far off.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Very well, you may be right, but how does repetition aid in prayer-communication? If God hears me the first time, then thats all I need. I ask direct questions to God the Father in the Son's name, and get the answer I need each time. Ive never needed repetition...which can be interpreted as bable.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Affirmations are used to program the subconscious mind rather than as a prayer.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Not if The One Focus is LOVE for God is Love.
The White Fireof Love meditation is powerful.

God is Light.
God is Pure.
God is Love.
God is a Consuming fire.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well, that's too damn soon for me. How am i supposed to develop mental prowess and find the right religion by then? Ask god to dela it for say , another 5 years. Or give me some more proof that christianity is the truth besides synchronicities.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
Haha, I don't care about "love", I'm an aries dang it I want adventure, power, and truth all the new age lovely dovey stuff is boring. Pisces will eat that stuff up tho.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Im afraid that the decision has been made by man collectively during the 40 day period between 11/11/2012-12/21/2012. Judgement can be delayed no longer. All I can tell you is to believe that Jesus died for your sins and you will have everlasting life. If you want proof, you'll have to address the God of all creation Himself. If you ask for the truth in humility and sincerity, then He is obligated to reply. No meditation needed. Just as and you will recieve. Seek and you will find.

Or you can just wait and see if millions of Christians disappear on 9/16/2016, and watch Apollyon and millions of his nasty soldiers rise from a smoking hole in the ground on 10/22/2016. If you dont believe then, I dont think anything will convince you.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
God loved us so much he sent his only Son, Jesus Christ. The Word became flesh.

I cannot prove to you that Christianity is the truth. Your search for Truth, if guided honestly by your conscience, and with humility, will be fruitful. "Knock, and the door will be opened". Jesus Christ, the greatest evangelist who ever walked the earth, couldn't convert everyone, even when Truth (and miracles) were smacking them right in the face.

But here's a fact, something to chew on: Jesus Christ is the only "God" that was ever preannounced. His coming was predicted. This is plain as day, in numerous places in the Old Testament. No other "Religeon" on earth can make this claim. This is not my impression, my take on history. This is fact.

Let your conscience chew on that. God is God, and you are not. Be humble brother.

(Btw, it's Jesus who is doing the knocking(conscience)...it's YOU who needs to open the door)

Try it. He won't bite.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I tend to wander in and out of my faith in him, but never comepletely leave or dismiss him. It's just that i'm having conflicts over the requirements for salvation. Do i have to turn aways from my sins too or just believe, because that latter was way easier and sounds way more liek grace to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If you knew your scripture, you would know we're not supposed to be obsessing over the day or time when Jesus returns. It's wasted time, friend.

(Mat 24:36). "But concerning that day and hour, no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor The Son, but The Father alone."

(Mat:24:44). "Therefore you also must be ready, for The Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect"

It could happen in a couple thousand years...or tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Salvation is God's grace, thats what separates Christianity from religion. The act of believing that Jesus died for your sins is in itself turning away from your sins. From that point, it is your responsibility to confess your sins to God the Father on an as needed basis to remain on the spiritual path (1 John 1:9). You dont need a priest because as a believer, your are the priest. Once you learn to use 1 John 1:9 with prayer and bible study, you will notice the same transformation that I notice in me. Meditation will seem like child's play at that point. But dont believe me, see for yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ummm, ya, thats kind of a given with Jesus, he sorta wants us to not sin. :-)

Your goal is to become a saint, that is, get to heaven. Knowingly sinning, that is, defying your conscience as well as Gods commandments, is not the way to get there.

We all have a natural propensity to sin; it's called concupiscence. When we do fall, God simply asks that we come to Him humbly, and say we're truly sorry. Being truly sorry means you don't do it anymore (or at least keep on trying)

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Your argument is based on misconception. No man knows the day or hour of His return because He will cut the Tribulations short for the sake of the elect.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Recently got a kjv bible, gonna study it along side the quran.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Are you your own authority? Why should I believe you? These are all just your interpretations.

It's because of all these whacky, contrarian, self prescribed interpretations that Christians need a true authority on Church teaching. Look what could happen over time, when left to the imagination of men. That authority was given to Saint Peter by Jesus.

You pluck out one tidbit of scripture, then run with it, bend it, take it out of context, even ad to it. That's so wrong. I can give you 20 scripture verses that directly prove you wrong on all your points. You simply ignore them. You have eyes, but you don't see; ears but you don't hear.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

KJV is pretty good, I personally like NASB, but for the best study, use biblehub.com and compare the various translations side by side. No single translation is 100% Koshur.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I would suggest you read instead The New American Bible. It's the whole Bible, with all the approved books included. Protestants removed books of the Old Testament that had passages that didnt jive with their skewed worldview.

The Catholic Church, inspired by The Holy Spirit, compiled the Bible in the first place.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church will give a fantastic narrative of the teachings of Jesus Christ, and the church He started, The Catholic Church.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I dont remember asking you to believe me.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Eh, I'm not a big fan of catholicism , pretty sure it's infiltrated. Funny thing is, somebody just recommended me the nab a while ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes, you are, lol, who do you think you're kidding? I'll ask again, what is your authority? Your own? What denomination do you prescribe?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join