It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars warmer than parts of Canada, U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Thanks for that link and I found this interesting as it is not quite as common as I thought it was.....I seems this all started just a few years ago.

The bizarre weather can be traced to an unusually sharp dip in the jet stream, which brought strong winds and in several locations, snow on the ground. As mentioned, the area typically does not see snowfall, but the past two winters have delivered significant storms and snowfalls to the Middle East. In December 2013, storms descended on parts of Syria, Jordan and Israel, dumping record snowfall totals, areas that had not witnessed snow in 50 years. That storm also brought snow to Egypt, giving it snow for the first time in over 100 years.

Interesting
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I can totally relate, I was cold for the 1st time in about 7 years last week.
Overnight it got to about 15 C!!!!!
It was so cold I had to turn off the fan.

True story

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I has CT cash
I has CT cash

*dances around in Eddie Murphy-style ice cream dance*

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A 300lb sunflower seed winter = 6 50lb bags hauled in to feed the peeps.
Peeps = every songbird within 10 miles since they call all their little relatives to "the Buffet".

This will be supplemented with whatever nuts I won't be baking with AND....the grand finale!
undyed pistashio nuts just to make my bluejays go ape-#

Where I live it's rural with lots of older people on fixed incomes who can't feed the feathered kids. When the temperature tanked is when I start the birds buffet, don't want the migratory types to hang out when they should move it along.

@ Cranium
You so owe me a new keyboard!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hmmm,was munching ruffles sour cream and bacon,sensing a trend here. Woke up to frozen pipes yesterday morning and a blizzard,then to bed last night warm temps rain and wind. I have gotten used to the east coast weather being unpredictable,but never experienced one I can remember with so much rain and very little snow in Dec. and Jan. I think we average out warmer than the rest of Canada. Makes me worry our days are numbered for a big whallop...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Dear Elsa,

The cold bothers the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm use to my Aussie winters sitting around 16-22 degrees celcius. I am in North America all winter now and yesterday i got a -20C reading which shocked me back into bed. It is the coldest day I have experienced in my life.

<< 1   >>

join