It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lone wolf attacks the theme for 2015?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So I was wondering if other people are thinking that these lone wolf attacks will be the theme for this year. They are hard to track, unpredictable and do actually terrorize people.

It has always baffled me why organisations go to the trouble of building bombs when one man with plenty of ammo in a shopping center, busy street or supermarket could do so much more damage. Imagine what would happen (or not happen) if one guy attacked a provincial, off the radar town. I live in Lincoln UK, and our local news reported 250 people outside the next store on boxing day waiting for the sale. No police, no security and a prime target to cause real terror.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You may get accused of fear mongering but I think you have a fair slant on whats being attempted .....I think the sporadic approach with the random violence is designed to increase the tensions to breaking point,,
Then well have our last great war before the NWO tries to control the entire world....its at least apparent to me that somebody wants another crusades that will spread to the rest of the worlds muslim populated countries....pitting non muslims against them till both sides arte exhausted.....enter the NWO
edit on 9-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just to clarify, I don't intent to fear monger or claim any agenda. This is purely an observation and a thought on what I would do if I intended to cause maximum panic with minimum risk.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Lone Wolf, these types of attacks IMO, are individuals who believe that whatever "cause" there fighting for or believe in or what have you, that enough isn't being done. So they take upon themselves to do what they think will gather attention or serve there appropriate cause. Its not a new way of thinking but i believe that more "people" are beginning to realise that they can do what they please. Again, (IMO) But however, i think that the aftereffect of these "Lone Wolf's" far out weighs the actual reason for the attacks. IE, people focus more on what was done rather than WHY it was done. or theres the reason that the "action" isn't in the best interest of the group. Once again all my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would say lone wolf attacks have been a theme for some time now, we had the Whoolwich Murder, we have had a previous shootings in France, we had the hostage taker in Sydney I could probably go on thats just the ones i can think of the top of my head.

Its been a theme and a threat for quite a long time and its not going to be any different in 2015

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Most of the non-Muslim Lone Wolf mass killers have been mentally deranged. They have been on medication and most have been treated by psychiatrists. Whether medication or possible programming may be involved are good questions.

"Protecting against the Lone Wolf Killer" would necessarily mean identifying each of us as a potential suspect--which is perfect for the mindset of most Statists/Totalitarians.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They used to be called mass shootings but now but now that these people are being labelled domestic terrorist they are now being called lone wolf terrorist attacks. If the shooting in Aurora happened today it would be called a lone wolf attack. Things get new titles to keep people interested or scared. Remember when we used to have cold fronts? Now they are called Polar Vortex.
edit on 906u1 by JHumm because: change a word

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What happened in France wasn't a genuine lone wolf attack. Too well planned executed.

If anything, you may see some lone wolf attacks, but you may also see growing organized, well planned, coordinated attacks.

Domestic cells forming and activating. Not foreign in origin, but comprised mainly of citizens. Converts and recruits.

This kind of jihadist activity is the most difficult to catch with broad surveillance methods. They are getting more sophisticated, communicating in evasive, undetectable ways. Recruiters and trainers are likely foreign.

They could be anywhere, maybe one is among your neighbors?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This will be the year of collapse. The riots are already a go. All they need to do is get people hating each other some more and it'll blow. The police are already conditioned to shoot you if you buck. The poor are extremely poor now and will be looking for your goodies. That's only the tip of the iceberg. I haven't even went into world events yet.

PS: the cities are not your friend. I would advise to move out while you still can.

I'm just fear mongering. I'm in one of those moods for some reason. It's probably the brainwashing from CNN, MSNBC, Fox, current events.

This has been a public service announcement from your resident nut case, Lost. ™

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The think with the "lone wolf" idea is that you cannot really defend against it.

No matter how good your intelligence services are, if someone wants to cause harm from watching the news or another reason then no one but that person knows whats going to happen.

I personally think that if you want to take hostages for a silly reason then you should not be allowed to walk away from that. By taking hostages you are signing your own death warrant.

When a terrorist takes a hostage then they have already decided that they are going to kill that person(s). Safety should be taken by the police to secure that hostage(s) but after that the terrorist should be executed on site.

This is just my personal view.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So what this can teach us here is that if you have ever noticed anyone, maybe even your next door neighbour, keeps himself to himself, does his own thing doesnt seem to rely on anyone but himself, sort of a lone wolf type of character, someone who doesnt buy into all this follow the herd kinda mentality, could even have some strange political ideas, maybe even extreme ideas on whats going on in the world. THEN HE'S PROBABLY A TERRORIST so you should report him to the thought police immediatly.
edit on 10-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
France was a lone wolf or maybe 5 of them but little planning. Why did they have to rob a gas station ?? Poor to no planning I would say.

new topics

top topics

join