It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D-printed clothing, robotics featured at CES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. Here's a short video blurb where it showcases 3-D printed clothing at the Consumer Electronics Show January 7.

3D-printed clothing, robotics and sports technology are featured on January 7, 2015 at the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6-9, 2015

3D printing has already doubled its presence at the C.E.S from last year to this year's Consumer Electronics Show. As it potential for expansion grows, so will its influence into every sector of society. It has the potential of the invention of the cellphone where one day we won't be able to understand how we lived without them. I think we are just scratching the surface of the potential for 3D printing. Take a snapshot of the world ladies and gentlemen because 3D printing is about to turn things upside-down. At least, that's my take.....What says ATS?

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I want nanobot 3d printers in my clothing so I can change clothes with a thought FTW!(For The Win)

edit on 9-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I want nanobot 3d printers in my clothing so I can change clothes with a thought FTW!(For The Win)

I think that idea will be possible with 4D printing.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Voxel8 exists to disrupt the design and manufacture of electronic devices by providing new functional materials with a novel 3D printing platform. Desktop 3D printers today are constrained to printing thermoplastics or UV resins. Using Voxel8’s 3D printer, you can co-print matrix materials such as thermoplastics and highly conductive silver inks enabling customized electronic devices like quadcopters, electromagnets and fully functional 3D electromechanical assemblies.

www.voxel8.co...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ah... 3d printing... Our saviour! Free us from the grip greedy corporate scumbags! Except it won't. It'll be no different to now except there'll be no shops. You'll pay for schematics instead because no-one will learn 3d programming when you could just pay to download superior designed products. My advice is to start collecting hi res 3d models of every simple day to day item into a database then setup a shop specifically to sell 3d printer ready models. Because of this I really can't get excited about it. All it will do is put people out of jobs.... Again

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cArLoSCuBsTaR
Ah... 3d printing... Our saviour! Free us from the grip greedy corporate scumbags! Except it won't. It'll be no different to now except there'll be no shops. You'll pay for schematics instead because no-one will learn 3d programming when you could just pay to download superior designed products. My advice is to start collecting hi res 3d models of every simple day to day item into a database then setup a shop specifically to sell 3d printer ready models. Because of this I really can't get excited about it. All it will do is put people out of jobs.... Again

It will definitely change the Manufacturing sector and just the overall business of building things.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am looking foward to 3d printers that can put together personalised nanobot swarms.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
In America 3d printing will only bring back jobs, not take them away. Currently 3d printer is still at the same place PC computers had in the late eighties. Starting to gain mainstream momentum but very limited in capacity. You have 5-15 years starting from today to become the next Dell, HP, Microsoft or Apple of 3d printing. Yes you cArLoSCuBsTaR, or FormOfTheLord , or lostbook, or Hithemerinos, or myself (working on it). I have already identified a niche and a location within my community to provide a type of Kinkos for 3d printing once my tax money hits and I use it to secure a loan.

an old school chum of mine and several people I have met over the years that are good friends are on board for programming and plan designs. I am still trying to go over what machines are out there for what capabilities for my initial acquisition. See unlike in the eighties, I already have a timeline to go from of when current gen models will go out of date an how fast they will upgrade with new capabilities. That just means I have a head start into the local re-sale market of these devices as well

Come on guys, we are the future right?? Star Trek replicators are here today. Lets be the initial entrepreneurs and become big names in our cities over the next decade as the initial investors and merchants of this technology. Why wait for the next guy to do it? We know it works in practice, and we know its only going to get better, and we know someone IS going to be THAT guy in your city, it might as well be you right???

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
In America 3d printing will only bring back jobs, not take them away. Currently 3d printer is still at the same place PC computers had in the late eighties. Starting to gain mainstream momentum but very limited in capacity. You have 5-15 years starting from today to become the next Dell, HP, Microsoft or Apple of 3d printing. Yes you cArLoSCuBsTaR, or FormOfTheLord , or lostbook, or Hithemerinos, or myself (working on it). I have already identified a niche and a location within my community to provide a type of Kinkos for 3d printing once my tax money hits and I use it to secure a loan.

an old school chum of mine and several people I have met over the years that are good friends are on board for programming and plan designs. I am still trying to go over what machines are out there for what capabilities for my initial acquisition. See unlike in the eighties, I already have a timeline to go from of when current gen models will go out of date an how fast they will upgrade with new capabilities. That just means I have a head start into the local re-sale market of these devices as well

Come on guys, we are the future right?? Star Trek replicators are here today. Lets be the initial entrepreneurs and become big names in our cities over the next decade as the initial investors and merchants of this technology. Why wait for the next guy to do it? We know it works in practice, and we know its only going to get better, and we know someone IS going to be THAT guy in your city, it might as well be you right???

Forget about status, wealth, and fame nothing else should be in our minds but the thought of aiding the world society for the sake of goodness.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
yea sorry buddy we are going to need money for our troubles. I am a capitalist. if you don't want to get paid that's fine with me. You can blissfully wish for universal adoption by everyone, but the truth is someone is going to make it big with their business model in this industry, if you dont want it to be yourself thats cool. Im going to try and make it happen at least in my city.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I hear you...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
They say they can print human organs using skin cells, tailor made for your own body. One day it will be able to print food & drinks just like a replicator from Star Trek.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cArLoSCuBsTaR

Actually most of them have a laser that scans the object similar to an MRI machine. So if you already have one copy of an object you can just scan it and make trillions more. There may still be a necessity or market for schematics, but I would say it will be the building material that people would need to buy the most. But maybe it will advance to a level where it can reprogram the air molecules to use as building blocks who knows.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eonnn
They say they can print human organs using skin cells, tailor made for your own body. One day it will be able to print food & drinks just like a replicator from Star Trek.

I want my natural nanobot swarms doing that, meaning reprogram my DNA to self repair and do lots of other kick arse superhuman stuff.

No reason nanobots need to be made of something other than biological matter already created in our bodies.

Our genetics just need a bit of tweaking.

I suggest create a virus that is programed to repair your organs, make you immortal, invulverable, exponentially super intelligent, and super strong.

new topics

top topics

join