It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Telos

There is nothing peaceful in a religion that calls for the killing of children and women and whole towns, and anyone who worships a different god. Think I'm talking about the Quran? Nope - talking about the Bible.

That's bull. And you know why? Is 2015 and Christianity has adapted perfectly in the new society and mentality. They had their share of horrors and suppression but that ended long long ago. Islam is still in the dark ages.

BTW, I'm atheist so I have no affiliation to any religion.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Considering Muslims are not supposed to attempt to convert people, much like Freemasonry it is the sole decision of the person...

How do you suppose that those who reject Islam are a target?

Where do you get those Verses & who defined them?

Did you come to those conclusions yourself?

I noticed something about muslims or islamists. The moment you lack argument or can't really defend what cannot be defended, your start comparing right away with either christianity or masonry or any other possible thing. Sir, we' re talking about what's happening now with Islam.

link   
a reply to: silo13

Probably don't know how to fix it?

Fear of retaliation?

Never know where they are going to strike next?

I almost posted this yesterday but was afraid of the comments.

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

And there are a significant number of Muslims who aren't going around beheading people either. What's your point?

There is a large culture of devout Muslims who aren't hurting anyone. There is a sub-culture of angry, violent, controlling people who want some kind of revenge. It's not the religion that's the problem. It's that sub-culture.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Is 2015 and Christianity has adapted perfectly in the new society and mentality

You mean apart from the pedophile business?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yeah and Christianity is on the way out due to the constant attacks. As a Christian I wouldn't murder anyone for my faith, or someone who's of a different or no faith. This is ridiculous. Tired of hearing about the gay hating Christians, the murderous bible belters, right wing nuts. Enough.

People look at what's happening around you. Sure "the church" is corrupt because it was taken over by psychos but the fanatical Christians pretty much begin and end at internet rants over abortion and breasts on TV. No loving God would allow deaths in its name, and I won't deny that the religious past is filled with atrocities but seeing what's happening over there the Christian bashing is getting really, really old.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

There is nothing peaceful in a religion that calls for the killing of children and women and whole towns, and anyone who worships a different god. Think I'm talking about the Quran? Nope - talking about the Bible.

That's bull. And you know why? Is 2015 and Christianity has adapted perfectly in the new society and mentality. They had their share of horrors and suppression but that ended long long ago. Islam is still in the dark ages.

The Bible hasn't changed though. It's just as violent as it ever was. People changed. People are the problem, not the religion. And most people who follow Islam are peaceful.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

but the fanatical Christians pretty much begin and end at internet rants over abortion and breasts on TV

You mean apart from the Lord's Resistance Army

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Probably there gathering infected people for bio terrorism (ebola)in 2015 worldwide. They have the money to back them and we all know that it would cause the type of death toll they could only dream of.

edit on pm131pmFri, 09 Jan 2015 13:43:15 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And there are a significant number of Muslims who aren't going around beheading people either. What's your point?

There is a large culture of devout Muslims who aren't hurting anyone. There is a sub-culture of angry, violent, controlling people who want some kind of revenge. It's not the religion that's the problem. It's that sub-culture.

Maybe those large groups of devout muslims who hurt nobody should stand up for their religion by actually doing something against those who are giving the so called religion of peace a bad name but they won't because they would go against their book.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

See, that's the problem, it's sub-culture of Islam. Meaning Islam is the root of that culture. I agree there are millions upon millions of peaceful Muslims in the world, but as many have said, there's not enough moderate Muslims standing up and trying to REMOVE this violent sub-culture from their ranks. They're not fighting against them. They're sitting quietly by as people who claim to be in the same faith run about beheading people, razing villages, selling slaves, oppressing women, and generally just being backasswards.

If there was a group of Christian Radicals going around bombing schools, killing atheists and whatnot, you can bet there'd be HOARDS of christians signing up to wipe these people out. Where's the uproar in the muslim community?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

mohammed had that covered too.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And the verse after that?

The little one about repentance & forgiveness?

Doesn't fit your narrative of Islam you say?

Hardly surprising imo!!!

link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

and somehow that justifies the acts of Islamic terrorism and the deaths of 2000?

link   

originally posted by: Telos

The Bible hasn't changed though. It's just as violent as it ever was. People changed. People are the problem, not the religion. And most people who follow Islam are peaceful.

Your argument is the same as if someone asks me what I think about Islam. And standing true to my convictions and believes I say: I hate it.

But...the whole point is what I chose to do with my hate. Get it?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You mean like the FSA, the Iraqi Army, the Pakistani Armed Forces, The Iranian Airforce, The Kurds etc all fighting IS while you sit behind your PC?

Like those Muslims?

Yawn!!!

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

And the verse after that?

The little one about repentance & forgiveness?

Doesn't fit your narrative of Islam you say?

Hardly surprising imo!!!
You mean this little gem?

Except for those who return [repenting] before you apprehend them. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

So if they decide to "repent", which basically means "become muslim" and NOT "say you're sorry", they'll be spared.

Again. Convert or Die is the Muslim way. I think this verse only serves to further illustrate my point.

link   
finger pointing, finger pointing, at some point people have to take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming others.

If only the Americans hadn't done this or that,

So you have to go kill 2000 innocent people?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

and somehow that justifies the acts of Islamic terrorism and the deaths of 2000?

Im not sure, never thought it about it before. Is that what you think?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Kudos to you Charlie sticking up for what is right.
Hey all Charlie is a moderate Muslim and one who would have a pint with you all on a special occasion.
Many Muslims would lets not fight the decent Muslims eh? lets go after the fundies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join