It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Is it the religion we should be attacking or the psychopaths that hide behind Islam to carry out their sick and twisted agenda?

I struggle to see what is classically considered as an "agenda".
These are automatons infected with a very dangerous rogue meme. Like zombies.

No, they're simply the worse kind of Human Being on the planet. They haven't been infected by anything, their agenda is to convert Nigeria into an Islamic state and kill everybody that gets in their way.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
And this thread devolves into an Islam bashing thread.

I don't like organized religion but this is shameful.

Is it just an Islam bashing thread or is it an Islam denial thread?
We have people denying that Boko Haraam are Islamic.
Just what are they, if they are not Islamic?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's much more realistic imo.

& a great point.

The illiterate will have to rely on others to do right by them.

But only one needs an agenda to indoctrinate masses.

Considering it's a tribal thing, especially in Nigeria, it would be down to leadership to educate the rest...

In such places one can make others believe they are being given revised Prophecy or a change of Godly strategy...
Without anyone having to pick up a Quran.

Muhammad is the final Prophet to us...
But the Quran also states that others will prophecise or have the ability to abrogate (reconsider) a Verse...

Is there violence in the Quran?

Only in self defence!

Could that be interpreted differently?

I don't see why not!

But I stand by everything else I've said as well...

In the sense that there are always going to be other factors besides "it's a religious thing".

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Christian bashing threads, Jew bashing threads, Muslim bashing threads. Nothing new imo.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh they're definitely Islamic but they're fanatic psychos. That's the difference though. One can be faithful to any religion without becoming a violent fanatic.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Only one Judge in Islam...
& it's not upto Humans to decide who is innocent unless it's in a court of Law...

To burn down a Village is not close to being the same thing.

But I do concede that it can be misinterpreted...

I'd be naive to think any differently...

& I'd have some sort of agenda if I denied it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Only one Judge in Islam...
& it's not upto Humans to decide who is innocent unless it's in a court of Law...

To burn down a Village is not close to being the same thing.

But I do concede that it can be misinterpreted...

I'd be naive to think any differently...

& I'd have some sort of agenda if I denied it.

I gave you a star for that one Charlie.
I have never thought ill of you at all, and I certainly won't based on your religion. I base my opinion of someone on facts.
All religions are ripe for misinterpretation of their scripture.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe we should ask our super best friends and bestest of allies Saudi Arabia to stop funding them now.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

And what give you the right to insult the religion of 1.7r billions people for the actions of a few radicals?I

FREE SPEECH gives me the RIGHT to give my opinion.

I insulted no one. I said - if I hear once more this is a 'religion of peace' I will puke.

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Maybe we should ask our super best friends and bestest of allies Saudi Arabia to stop funding them now.

And why haven't we bombed them (the Saudis), considering all of the other countries that we did find some trumped up reason to bomb????

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If this happened in the Middle East there would be War rhetoric from all sides...
No one (politically) gives a sh#t about Africa, since Nigeria has already been robbed of all its resources!!!
Terrible situation.

This is the part that burns me so awfully I can't even go on. Genocide in Africa is NOTHING. It's been going on for years and years, funded by the world and it's beyond my comprehension. It just goes beyond my understanding.

peace

edit on 9-1-2015 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Coming from one of my favourite members, I appreciate that a lot!

I'm the same really, people's beliefs don't really come into my opinion of them.

Unless it's scientology

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Maybe because we dont actualy care they fund terrorist orginizations that are helping us destabilise one of the worlds largest sources of crude oil?

link   

UNTIL the moderates seperate MORE EFFICENTLY fron their 'SKINHEAD" jihadists,I take NO bullS##T ABOUT collaterals or innocent kills. THEY don't exist until RADICAL ISLAM is rooted out and exposed BY ISLAM.
How many collaterals DIED in our fight with communism before it got trounced as a govt idea? Now they HIDE it if course...

Better figure it out ISLAM,I hate the loss but your S##T stinks worse.
NOR do I advocate HARMING Islam any more that we have to and create a fear among them .
Its going to happen,I am sorry , many don't deserve it. AS we see VIOLENCE against them solves things BETTER than appeasement. OR accomdating self entiled social offence.+ I know if they are detected BEFORE the police and certain VETS know about them GUATANAMO is NOT in their future. The catch and release program they use doesn't work.
Don't like bacon? LEAVE but SHUT UP or YOU too might be targetted LATER. BE RESPECTFUL of MY freedoms ,MY FAITH and MUST be returned in my mind. 50 or so people being moderates SOMETIMES on the news?
LET'S hear from the BIG seats of ISLAM,WE get it, you don't want the BASE ways of western life but YOU WILL NOT stop it by shooting ,YOU STOP it by helping and talking.
edit on 9-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: Misspelled

link   
My understanding is that their followers of the prophet Muhammad. Not sure if this is really relevant though. I don't read the Koran nor the prophet Muhammad teachings so just my opinion. Tell you the truth I'd be afraid to have one my possession with all the insanity and misunderstanding surrounding the religion. There is a difference between Extremist and Muslims that follow said teachings. Just hope for Muslims that are true that the rest of the world can differentiate between the two, but ya pretty hard to misconstrue Allah's words there.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

And this thread devolves into an Islam bashing thread.
I don't like organized religion but this is shameful.

Calling a spade a spade is what ATS is all about.

2000 people are DEAD and BURNED in the name of MO MO!

There is NOTHING SHAMEFUL about bringing that to light. NOTHING.

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Two reasons I think...

Oil being one...

The risks of accidental damage to Mecca, being the other.

That would cause an uproar that I don't think even the "collateral damage" had birthed!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
These scumbags desearve to die....

But not all Muslims are like this in fact 99.9% are not like this I think we should remember everyone loves their kids like we do and want them to grow up in a world without hate or violence...just like we do.
Don't tar people with the same brush as these scumbags.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Coming from one of my favourite members, I appreciate that a lot!

I'm the same really, people's beliefs don't really come into my opinion of them.

Unless it's scientology

At least scientologists don't blow up people or behead them for not agreeing with their idea.

link   
a reply to: silo13

Truly heartbreaking.

Peace to you too silo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join