It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Boko Haram Torches Nigerian Town of Baga; 2,000 Missing: Senator

More than 2,000 people are unaccounted for after radical Islamist sect Boko Haram torched more than 10 towns and villages in Nigeria, a local lawmaker told NBC News. Ahmed Zanna, a senator for Borno state where the attack happened, said the militants razed the town of Baga as well as "10-to-20" other communities in the country's rural northeast over the past five days. "These towns are just gone, burned down," he told NBC News via telephone. "The whole area is covered in bodies."

Zanna said he had spoken to residents who fled the towns. They reported that the spree had been ongoing since Boko Haram overran a nearby military base Saturday. During the days-long assault, the militants chased people out of Baga before returning to kill those left and torch the buildings to the ground, according to survivors who contacted Zanna. Some of those who survived fled on foot the 100 miles south to Maidurguri. The BBC spoke to Musa Alhaji Bukar, a senior government official in the area, who also said that 2,000 people had been killed in the raids. "This is one of the worst attacks I've seen because so many people are unaccounted for and feared dead."
link

Not for the faint a heart for sure.
Or for those with their heads hidden up Mo Mo's arse.

Religion of peace? Piece a shat that's what it is. One more person quips back about this 'religion of peace' and I'll puke.

Ok - so I searched the boards - found nothing about this. Used the search engine. Nothing there.

Did I miss something? Or are we focusing on France and forgetting the 2000?

Please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

peace

edit on 9-1-2015 by silo13 because: link fix

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13
A reply is coming.
The one that says:

"These are not true Islamic people. This goes against the Koran."

Yes, the same Koran that Boko Haraam reads.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
what a beautiful culture they have!

link   
Is it the religion we should be attacking or the psychopaths that hide behind Islam to carry out their sick and twisted agenda?

One life lost because of these idiot's actions is a life too many. But I guess whatever goes on in Africa comes second to an event in the Western World. I don't think it's right or fair, but it' s what the MSM want to promote it appears.

edit on 9/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   

No religion is truly a religion of peace. They have all done truly horrible things, past, present and you can bet your ass, future.

That being said, this is just horrible. What monsters they must be to raze an entire town? Utterly despicable.

All in the name of their God.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And what give you the right to insult the religion of 1.7r billions people for the actions of a few radicals?I guess by your standard all catholics are pedophiles,all hindus are rapists etc...

Africa as a continent need an anti-terrorist unit that will deal with the likes of boko haram,AQMI ...It is sad that Nigeria has to go to something as horrific as this...

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Very sad that this is going on. Boko Haram should have been wiped out of existence long ago. Massacres like this are what are going to really get the attention of the world and will eventually put a stop to the spread of these people.

Tired of the apologists/sympathizers here as well. There is no peace here. If the religious text is being misconstrued in some manner, then how is it being misconstrued in such a violent manner. There MUST be something in the text that is allowing a VERY violent translation/interpretation...they are not simply making it up on their own.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
egads...2015 is not off to a good start. how will the west react to this?or will they react? should they?

a civil war or terrorism ir a well armed gang of murderers.....this is a group that should be stopped. way cant the local army groups not fight and stop him? is there sympathy or is it a lack of will?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Cause it is true.

These are some sick and sadistic people and they look for a reason to justify thier actions and using the name of god is a great one.

There is billions of people that follow this religion that don't do things like this, but guess that doesn't matter if a small percentage wants to act like barbarians.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So what Quran* is Boko Haram reading?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If this happened in the Middle East there would be War rhetoric from all sides...

No one (politically) gives a sh#t about Africa, since Nigeria has already been robbed of all its resources!!!

Terrible situation.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache

And what give you the right to insult the religion of 1.7r billions people for the actions of a few radicals?

Right on cue...just "a few" radicals.

This religion is chock full of radicals...and they are killing people in the name of their religion, every day, in virtually every country in the world where they have any kind of numbers.

It is not an insult to speak the truth. It is what it is.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

If there is no religion of peace then there can truly be no Human nor Race of Peace either!
edit on 9-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Cause it is true.

These are some sick and sadistic people and they look for a reason to justify thier actions and using the name of god is a great one.

There is billions of people that follow this religion that don't do things like this, but guess that doesn't matter if a small percentage wants to act like barbarians.

My question is how a book/religion that claims peace is SO misinterpreted as to allow violence on this level. Everyone says there is nothing violent in it, but I fail to see how a book with no violence in it can be interpreted as such.

I mean, I read children's books everyday with my kids, and while nowhere near the same type of literature, I could not for the life of me come up with a way to make "The Pout Pout Fish" a violent book nor teach any sort of violence from it....it just isn't there. So how is a book about peace from a religion about peace being SO misconstrued as to allow this type of interpretation. Surely there is SOMETHING in this religious book that is able to be interpreted in a very violent manner.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I agree. Humans will always be at war with one another.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

they are not simply making it up on their own.

Actually, the simply are making it up on their own.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Is it the religion we should be attacking or the psychopaths that hide behind Islam to carry out their sick and twisted agenda?

I struggle to see what is classically considered as an "agenda".
These are automatons infected with a very dangerous rogue meme. Like zombies.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So what Quran* is Boko Haram reading?

The reply came.

What Koran do you think they are reading?
Is there a special one made just for Boko Haraam?

Or are they actually reading the same one that you do and interpreting it differently?

ETA: Notice the word 'innocent'. Some people might find that those slaughtered were not innocent. Some of them might be 'people of the word'.
edit on b000000312015-01-09T12:42:59-06:0012America/ChicagoFri, 09 Jan 2015 12:42:59 -06001200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Vasa Croe

they are not simply making it up on their own.

Actually, the simply are making it up on their own.

Well that would be another part of my question then I guess. If they are making it up, then are all extremists illiterate and unable to read for themselves? I mean, the study of a religion typically requires you to read the texts and study them. Surely there would be questions if they were told one thing and the text says another. How are they misinterpreting this text so blatantly and ignorantly as to make it violent if there is no reference to being violent in the manner in which they are killing?

Doesn't make sense to me. It would have to reference it in some way in order for the leaders to be able to translate it into such a manner as to "trick" others into believing that was the meaning, and not that it meant something peaceful right?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And this thread devolves into an Islam bashing thread.

I don't like organized religion but this is shameful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join