It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo Shooting - A perception I can't get out of my head

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

My bad SK...

I read it wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who are these men in body armour filming on the rooftops of Paris?

People on Roof

It was broadcast on France24

I do not know French.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I agree that if this video has been shown on MSM why are we banning it here? I personally think a clear warning of graphic content is suffice to allow members the choice of whether to watch it or not.That being said I haven't watched the video you linked as I have seen it briefly already on MSM.

The issue about lack of blood - I'm no expert but have studied a bit of forensic science and almost every lecture we were presented with real images of real people recently fatally injured. I was always surprised at the lack of blood in some cases. It is dependent on a lot, type of weapon, injury, trajectory etc. Someone who knows more on that can perhaps comment.

The most blatant fake injuries I've seen is the 'Boston bombers incident'. I don't think the same applies here but we shall see.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
At high velocity the relative differences evaporate. Did anyone observe the cantaloupe was partial frozen?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Who cares? A frozen cantaloupe is not a human cranium.

And maybe you can explain the velocity aspect to all of us with a good deal more experience with large caliber weapons.

Why does this make or not make a difference?

What factor does distance to the target have on a projectile's velocity and damage when striking said target?

How does certain ammunition behave at various distances and velocities?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Google Hydrostatic Shock. Ballistic gelatin isn't human flesh either, but it does "represent" similar characteristics.

Have you ever shot a shallow mud puddle? A can of oil, A jug of water?

Hydrostatic shock of hi velocity projectiles overcomes material differences at such speeds.

By the away, I'm not doing a study for swollen egos that disprove things and who discredit member content with BS like…

Who cares?

edit on 9-1-2015 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I see the war on terror bandwagon is full steam ahead, as usual.

Theres only one narrative in the main stream and here too, apparently.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Google Hydrostatic Shock. Ballistic gelatin isn't human flesh either, but it does "represent" similar characteristics.

Gel represents soft tissue only and continues to underscore your ignorance with firearms and ballistics.

Have you ever shot a shallow mud puddle? A can of oil, A jug of water?

No, those are not targets I would use my firearms on neither are they indicative of what happens when a projectile impacts a human skull.

By the away, I'm not doing a study for swollen egos that disprove things and who discredit member content with BS like…

Because you cannot as you obviously do not understand weapons or ballistics at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

What narrative would you like to see told?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Want to know what else has been full steam ahead?!

TOOT TOOT!

Repor t: France To Deploy Aircraft Carrier To Gulf in IS Fight

PARIS – The French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle and its fleet will be deployed to the Gulf to support operations against the Islamic State group, a military news site reported on Tuesday.

edit on 9-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No offence but if you are offended by the video.....why not just skip past this thread.
The video has been removed but you remain to comment.
I don't like watching graphic videos of people dying.....so I don't watch.

The point about Kennedy's fatal shot is correct......it's never removed. This guy was the president of the US but the graphic film is everywhere.
I don't see anyone complaining about it......never.

I think ATS moderators should decide on videos being removed and threads being closed down.
That's what they're here for.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

I have as much right to post on this thread as anyone else, even if it is just to express how I think it is sick to post a video showing a man being executed in cold blood, but if you read through my other posts in this thread you will see its been a little bit more than that.

And yes that is what the mod's are there for, that is why i alerted them to the graphic nature of the video, its up to them if they remove it or not, or if they shut down the thread or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
looks to me like it was his upper back/neck that he hit

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SSFFlood
I may be missing the point here, Just because there was not a visible expelling of blood, (that was seen) youre indicating that it did not happen? i've seen people get shot and not expel blood instantly.

Not with a 7.62x39 you have not. It would definitely blow a huge hole in his head. Instant blood. *Snip*
edit on 1/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There`s no need for false flags anymore almost every country has allowed muslim communities to set down roots within their borders.
The governments know that some of those people will have terrorist sympathies, and some of those sympathizers will act on those sympathies.
There`s no need for government backed false flags now,countries have allowed terrorist breeding grounds right within their own borders and are breeding real terrorist within their borders.
The benefits of using real terrorist to push a government`s agenda VS using false flags is obvious.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: lambros56

I have as much right to post on this thread as anyone else, even if it is just to express how I think it is sick to post a video showing a man being executed in cold blood, but if you read through my other posts in this thread you will see its been a little bit more than that.

And yes that is what the mod's are there for, that is why i alerted them to the graphic nature of the video, its up to them if they remove it or not, or if they shut down the thread or not.

Ok, fair enough.

Now tell me something OSOTC.

Have you alerted the mods about this Tamir Rice Shooting

A TOP topic which shows a footage of a kid being executed in cold blood by a police officer.

Consistency and logic is a must for being taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Not with a 7.62x39 you have not. It would definitely blow a huge hole in his head.

Is that so? What would have cause a jacketed round to tumble or spall at that range which is where the traumatic damage would have been from?

Please explain why a large caliber round fired at nearly point blank could not pass through a target without massive trauma?

edit on 9-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

That is not a thread i have taken part in nor do i know any of the details about it, your link is literally the first time i have seen it.

If it does show the kid being shot then yes i would report it to the mods

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What matters is the water content. Vegetables and humans bear similar water content. That single thing more than any thing else is what matters when you consider hydrostatic shock with hi velocity projectiles.

Something you apparently have little actual experience with.

I would show you the forensic photographs of human skulls and similar wound paths but its against the TnC.

Safe to argue from a position of invulnerability isn't it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join