It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can being faithless be more important then any other Evil act.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I think the bit about baptism was put in there so people would take a bath. In an area where water was scarce, I bet people smelled a bit back then. The smell of these people could have chased away demons.

I dunno, the demon possessed boy hung out in the tombs. :-/

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Sorry for feeling slightly sick reading this spineless and frankly very thoughtless comment.
Please feel free to speak for yourself if you think you don't know what is good or bad but do not brush every non believer with the same brush as yourself.

Assumption number 1: That the poster does not know what is good or evil. There is nothing to indicate one way or the other is this is in fact the case. The poster rather has decided through reflection and faith to trust that God's Laws are the best set to follow for this purpose. A uniform standard leads to less conflict. This is only a fact, but perhaps you have a problem with the idea of theft and murder as being bad things?

I am almost scared of people who believe what you just said, because in the absence of a human written book with rules given to you, you may one day not know that killing is wrong, that hurting someone is wrong, that stealing is wrong etc.
and do all of the above...because...your book of rules is gone. Do believers not know what is bad?
Are there more people that think like that?

There is this thing most people have called a conscience ... believe it or not. That book of rules is usually written in it whether you want it there or not. How much you listen to it is up to you.

But please continue on in your colossal assumptions.

Give me Atheists at any time, they have no reason to pretend. They are just people. Some good, some bad, most somewhere in the middle; but at least when they do good, they do it because they ARE good and not because they HAVE to.

So you think the only reason I am a good person and don't run around immediately perpetrating violent chaos on the world is because I have a Bible? Really?

I pity you. Yours must be a very dark and scary world.

This dependence on all those gods [yes, there are more than one floating about and each one is supposed to be 'the one'], is an insult on our nature given intelligence. But I do understand that not everyone has any, so yeah, maybe they do need a book with rules.
Scary thought though, that there are humans who do not know good from bad by themselves.

I do agree with this, but a human being doesn't arrive at that state because they lose a holy book. I rather suspect it has more to do with an aberrant psychological makeup. You know, like them being a psychopath. Or maybe having a very bad childhood starting with attachment disorder or something like that.
edit on 9-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

God has set a standard for who will and will not be with Him. That standard is perfection. In order to achieve perfection, He laid down the Law. The problem is that pretty much no one is perfect. To reconcile us to Him in our imperfection, He sent Christ. That is what the crucifixion and Resurrection are all about. They make it possible for us to gain Grace forgiveness and be reconciled to God.

In order for that to happen, you need faith. Faith in Christ. Faith in his sacrifice. Faith in the Resurrection and the possibility of your forgiveness and Salvation. Don't feel bad. The Bible makes it clear that this is not easy achieving this faith.

For everyone, there is judgment. If you are saved, you are judged and it won't be easy but you are also forgiven. But if you are not saved, judgment alone determines your fate, and you are judged by His standard - perfection. So, it is possible for an atheist to pass this standard I suppose, but how many of us can call ourselves, not matter how good we are in life, perfect?

Which of the two possible routes is the more likely? Answer that and you will know why believers say that faith is the most important thing you can do.

edit on 9-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The purpose of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments on Mt. Sinai was to tell the Jewish people how to live their lives. Why? They weren't "living" their lives fruitfully before? How did humans evolve and make it to that point in time if they were all misguided miscreants? It's these fallacies that FORCED me to be a better person, a better thinker. The Ten Commandments is a misguidance in its own and a slap in the face to human kind. We were told we are incapable of making good decisions and that our morals are not our own but given to us by a stone tablet. It's clear the Ten Commandments prevented nothing for the future lives of humans. It's the act of THINKING on our own WITHOUT the fear of going to a fiery place full of torture which will aid in our survival and acceptance of each other as a species. I hate the label "atheist" but it's the easiest way to get my point across. I'm simply a human lucky enough to live in reality and experience the world for all its magnificence. Staring at the stars every night melts away the uncertainty and unfairness of life and comforts me like a hug from my daughter, reinstating my confidence in life and how happy I am to be a part of it and hers. My mother always told me "live for today, not yesterday or tomorrow". I live by that motto; sleeping better at night and fully enjoying every hour my eyes get to indulge in the luscious landscapes and modern scenery.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Atheists can Love but that doesn't change the fact that God is Love and he who knows Love knows God ( as said in John) . If atheists value Love and live through Love then they will come to understand it more and more (God will reveal more Truth and removdeception from them more and more)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Atheists can Love but that doesn't change the fact that God is Love and he who knows Love knows God ( as said in John) . If atheists value Love and live through Love then they will come to understand it more and more (God will reveal more Truth and removdeception from them more and more)

So no one not a Christian has ever lived their life thru love??? You really think in a part of the world or in the past where there is no Christianity, no one there has ever lived a full loving life?!?

See how foolish that sounds when you say it out loud?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

God has set a standard for who will and will not be with Him. That standard is perfection. In order to achieve perfection, He laid down the Law. The problem is that pretty much no one is perfect. To reconcile us to Him in our imperfection, He sent Christ. That is what the crucifixion and Resurrection are all about. They make it possible for us to gain Grace forgiveness and be reconciled to God.

In order for that to happen, you need faith. Faith in Christ. Faith in his sacrifice. Faith in the Resurrection and the possibility of your forgiveness and Salvation. Don't feel bad. The Bible makes it clear that this is not easy achieving this faith.

For everyone, there is judgment. If you are saved, you are judged and it won't be easy but you are also forgiven. But if you are not saved, judgment alone determines your fate, and you are judged by His standard - perfection. So, it is possible for an atheist to pass this standard I suppose, but how many of us can call ourselves, not matter how good we are in life, perfect?

Which of the two possible routes is the more likely? Answer that and you will know why believers say that faith is the most important thing you can do.

You would have to be the only Christian I've ever talked to who thinks good "heathens lol" will go to heaven.... Unless your saying good people are judged but not forgiven, then the point still holds true.

A rapist who murders a buddist kid can repent and go to heaven while the raped kid burns.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Dude your taking that way out of context.
If you got jesus in your life you will not want to do any of those things you mentioned.
I suggest if you got ?s about Jesus go read mathew mark luke or john .
And dont focus on murders and child molestation as a starting point.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

If you got jesus in your life you will not want to do any of those things you mentioned.

Haha right?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Oh man magic baby....
Loled lots at that

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What?!? how is it out of context? So your saying that the morally good people of all religions go to heaven then? Or are you saying that Jesus wouldn't forgive a child molester?

If so I don't know how you get that from the bible? You would be the only Christian who felt that way.

What you probubally mean, is that you would rather stick your head in the sand rather then admit to your self that none of it makes sense or is anything resembling a benevolent , good god....

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

What if I don't want to do any of those "things" but I still don't believe in Jesus?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What if I don't want to do any of those "things" tend. To base there entire life but I still don't believe in Jesus?

Christians have never actually put enough thought in to there religion to ever consider that. They pretend to base there entire life "on Jesus!" While almost none have read more then a book or two NONE have ever considered playing Christianity out to it's logical conclustion. It works if you never actually think about it. Lol

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

i garuntee all these people who dog christains and the bible .
Have never read it for themselves and i doubt they spend much time with christians.
And all my point is the original post said how can jesus forgive murderes /child molesters well thats a ?
so is the ? about the child molesters or how jesus can forgive them .If its how jesus can forgive them then i say
go read mathew mark luke john.
Now that will mean you have to read it nnot belittle the people who have already read it.
But if it makes youu feel better about yourselfe to try to belittle people go right ahead jesus would and did put up with it too.;

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Now see i dont think hethens are going to heaven but you asked about forgiveness.
Lets say i let some one in my house and they steel from me now the old me would put the word out that i was coming i would tell his friends to tell him im coming for him and i know what he did and heaven forbid if i found him well you know ...woopin
but now i would judt forgive him and let it go ...................but it dont mean i would ever let him in my house again.
So even though he is no longer invited for dinner that does not mean im going to go looking for him.
And not all christains belive in the concept of man going to heaven ..or hell i think this realm is where i was created
and this is where i stay. and Hell is a mistranslation from the hebrew word sheol witch means to be sepperated from god

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Have never read it for themselves and i doubt they spend much time with christians.
And all my point is the original post said how can jesus forgive murderes /child molesters well thats a ?
so is the ? about the child molesters or how jesus can forgive them .If its how jesus can forgive them then i say
Now that will mean you have to read it nnot belittle the people who have already read it.
But if it makes youu feel better about yourselfe to try to belittle people go right ahead jesus would and did put up with it too.;

Actually every study ever done says Athiests know more about the bible then Christians do... Why do you think we stopped believing, because we have actually read it.

www.pewforum.org...

www.npr.org...

newsfeed.time.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Oh and that last one is from Fox News lol..... Where do you guys get this stuff?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't understand your analogy. Do you think that God sees unbelievers as thieves that have stolen from Heaven already, and so are not invited back?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The question is how can Jesus forgive a child molester and allow Entergy to heaven, but sentence the (say buddist or Muslim) kid to burn for all eternity? How could that be a benevolent god?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The question is how can Jesus forgive a child molester and allow Entergy to heaven, but sentence the (say buddist or Muslim) kid to burn for all eternity? How could that be a benevolent god?

Children do not go to Hell. A person must reach an "age of accountability", meaning they must be able to comprehend that they have sinned and need a Savior. And that is even a metaphor (age), there are adults who aren't mentally capable of that understanding, the mentally challenged.

And the basis that God can justify the sinner who repents is that He has already poured out his wrath on all sin at Calvary. He doesn't do double-jeopardy. So when we ask for forgiveness for any sin it is forgiven on the basis that it was already judged and punished. God doesn't grade sins on a curve, to Him sin is sin. It all is unrighteousness.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Children do not go to Hell. A person must reach an "age of accountability", meaning they must be able to comprehend that they have sinned and need a Savior. And that is even a metaphor (age), there are adults who aren't mentally capable of that understanding, the mentally challenged.

And the basis that God can justify the sinner who repents is that He has already poured out his wrath on all sin at Calvary. He doesn't do double-jeopardy. So when we ask for forgiveness for any sin it is forgiven on the basis that it was already judged and punished. God doesn't grade sins on a curve, to Him sin is sin. It all is unrighteousness.

Tho there is argument amongst Christians as to what happens too heathen children...... I said the kid was a 16 year old buddist kid who was raped and murdered. So if the victim is 15 or 16 then they burn a and the child killed gets paradise, right?

So he Jesus died for all the really bad sin (murder rape childmestation) to be forgiven, but if you never heard of Jesus or didn't by the biblical story then that's unforgiveable and you must be tortured for ever... How is that a good god?
edit on 12-1-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join