It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage taking by the two terrorists north-east of Paris

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

RT isn't exactly a news source though, absolutely everything they report on is heavily tainted. 30 seconds of watching their channel and I had to flick due to anti-french propaganda.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

LOL

If you say so.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
News:

- Flights #AF7 and #AF1695 just aborted landing at Paris CDG airport. Shooting near the airport. (Twitter).
- Ambulances going to the area.
- Negociations still ongoing.
- The terrorists are entrenched in this printing company with at least one employee:

edit on 9-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Three military helis on the ground now, Pumas I think....probably with the snipers/HRT in.

CX.
edit on 9/1/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm proud of those French forces.
Just like in Boston, those MF's are just not going to get away - no way.

Boston Strong

Je suis Charlie

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

It's fantastic to see you posting again ElevenAugust, I've missed your amazing threads of the beauty of nature, the earth, the depths of our universe and the science behind it all. I'm so saddened though that your return is of such a needless tragedy about the horrors of nature, the pain on earth and the shame we share in our part of the universe that as a people we cannot even live together harmoniously.
I've sunk into deep depression this last year. I'm struggling to hope anymore. Hopefully this isn't just a return about this incident and if your able to find time please create another of your inspiring threads, I think we can all do with something positive.

So glad your back.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thank you so much Qumulys! I'm deeply touched by your kind words.

Glad to see you're back too with better health I hope.

I was very busy last years and never found the time to continue to post here as often as I wanted to. But I'm slowly come back.

In some ways, this tragedy will bring lots of positive things, especially to bring together all the French people in an "union sacrée" (united front) like it never happened before since WW2.

More than ever, here, we refuse and deny intolerance, hatred, racism and ignorance. Over the years and decades, we slowly lost this way of thinking and, even if French people (and all their friends around the world) is deeply wounded, it's glad to see that the noble ideas that are behind the history and culture of France is still there.

Sorry for the off-topic but this have to be said.

PS: and, yes, I think I will find the time to create some other threads, those that you liked so much!

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Another hostage situation now in a Jewish grocers in eastern Paris, possibly the same guy as yesterday who killed the policewoman, trying to confirm that.

CX.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Another hostage situation now in a Jewish grocers in eastern Paris, possibly the same guy as yesterday who killed the policewoman, trying to confirm that.

CX.

Our live news is confirming they are quite sure it is the same guy as yesterday morning. 1 wounded, 1 hostage.

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

Sky News reporting they have heard up to five hostages now....

CX.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I fully understand how life must come before ATS, but we'll always be a 'part-time' family - never demanding and thankful for whatever or whoever takes the time to post and appreciate what and who they are.
The situation in France is tragic, but you are right in what say about it bringing a nation together as we recently experienced down here in Australia. All these acts of terror have an opposing dynamic of the terrorists wishes. No we won't cower, these vicious and primitive actions will only serve to strengthen the struggle towards fully embracing multiculturalism and working together as a whole.

The only problem is that there is no stamping out of 'terror'. Each successive try only worsens the situation, and their children grow up being brainwashed. Nothing can be done, how can we teach their children love and peace and break this cycle? Stay strong EA.

edit; 5 hostages?
Thoughts to the families, it would be unimaginable what they would be feeling right now.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There's some confusion right now around the two hostages taking (porte de Vincennes/Paris and Dammartin-en-Goele).

The two terrorists responsible of the Charlie Hebdo massacre and the two others (the black man and her girlfriend) know each other.

Hyper Casher supermarket situation:

Last news:
- A woman injured lying on the ground and that can not be saved.
- Another woman that took refuge in a cold chamber at the very beginning of the hostage taking and that was killed by the terrorist.
- Two persons died (not confirmed yet).

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Trocadera Centre in Paris is now being evacuated.

CX.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
2 dead and 20 injured in new fire fight with police

French source
www.leparisien.fr...

oh no

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

These are dark days and not the way any of us would want to start a new year elevenaugust , my thoughts are with your countrymen who have been directly effected by this and my sympathies with your nation who need to find a way to move on and recover when this atrocity is concluded.

je suis Paris.

edit on 9-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
gun fire and smoke
could be going down

lots of automatic shots going off and a few loud thuds... smokes coming out of the front

edit on am959318092015-01-09T09:59:20-06:00092015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Police assault reportedly underway at building where 2 brothers holed up. Gunshots heard, smoke seen, more police activity.

You can watch Live via this link www.abcactionnews.com...

I pray for those hostages,

Ambulances seen heading towards the area,
edit on 9-1-2015 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

From the pictures I've just seen the security forced have stormed the print shop and that siege may be at an end , it remains to be seen how that will effect the siege in Paris.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yep theyre taking the shopping centre now as well - loud bangs heard
edit on am1014318092015-01-09T10:14:02-06:00102015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Watching live .... flash bangs (or real explosions) ... tons of gunfire .... both locations. It looks like it was a coordinated takeover by the cops slated for 11pm EST (5pm Paris).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join