It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's President calls for a 'religious revolution'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

"I say and repeat, again, that we are in need of a religious revolution. You imams are responsible before Allah. The entire world is waiting on you. The entire world is waiting for your word ... because the Islamic world is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost. And it is being lost by our own hands," el-Sisi said.

"We need a revolution of the self, a revolution of consciousness and ethics to rebuild the Egyptian person -- a person that our country will need in the near future," the President said.

"It's inconceivable that the thinking that we hold most sacred should cause the entire Islamic world to be a source of anxiety, danger, killing and destruction for the rest of the world. Impossible that this thinking -- and I am not saying the religion -- I am saying this thinking," el-Sisi said.

He continued: "This is antagonizing the entire world. It's antagonizing the entire world! Does this mean that 1.6 billion people (Muslims) should want to kill the rest of the world's inhabitants -- that is 7 billion -- so that they themselves may live? Impossible!​"

I am not against Islam and as I have stated on another topic today, I only wish that they reform, they have to.

I heard about this speech just thought I would share.

peace

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This guy slaughtered six thousand Egyptians for belonging to an opposition party, and had another fifteen hundred tried in absentia and sentenced to death. He's been arresting and torturing journalists and activists since he seized power.

Not being a Muslim - see the name - I don't feel qualified to say what they should or should not do with their faith. Frankly I don't care. But a bloody-handed despot like Fateh al-Sissi doesn't really have the room to point fingers and make chiding remarks.
edit on 8-1-2015 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
This guy slaughtered six thousand Egyptians for belonging to an opposition party, and had another fifteen hundred tried in absentia and sentenced to death. He's been arresting and torturing journalists and activists since he seized power.

Not being a Muslim - see the name - I don't feel qualified to say what they should or should not do with hteir faith. Frankly I don't care. But a bloody-handed despot like Fateh al-Sissi doesn't really have the room to point fingers and make chiding remarks.

I know nothing about him, thanks

As for feeling qualified these are his words
edit on 093131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The worrying part is that he said "impossible" instead of "no" when mentioning the other 6* billion people of Earth!

Someone needs to have a word with him about elaboration!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That speech indeed contains powerful words. Both for muslims as for any other. It is about raising the level of consciousness to accept your fellow humans.

And in many of the Mid-East countries, in Saudi Arabia in particular, the cause of religion is indeed very restrictive to even the basic human values, not least in accepting any other religion but on the edge of the sword.

There is this constant struggle with the Saudis and their tyranny on religion and being actual ideological source for the muslim suffering today. Al-Quaida. Afganistan. Iraq. Syria. Nigeria. Sudan. Somalia. Long list of pain and suffering.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Glad you posted. I heard about it too. Seems a real call for unity and speaking against the violence.

Only hope he is well received in the muslim world. It did take courage.
edit on 8-1-2015 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Also, he should ask France, the US, UK, etc, NATO, to stop destabilizing the whole region, killing secular non-fanatic Arab nationalists like Kadhafi, even Saddam Hussein and now Bachar El Assad, look at the chaos now, it will take years and years before it goes better.. Hundreds of thousands have already died. Disgusting chaos strategy..

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I don't disagree with that.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Nice to see someone else gets that. Basically the West's policy in the region seems to be "If we can't have it, no one will."

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Not being a Muslim - see the name - I don't feel qualified to say what they should or should not do with their faith. Frankly I don't care. But a bloody-handed despot like Fateh al-Sissi doesn't really have the room to point fingers and make chiding remarks.

What you say about him reminds me of the times back about 1947 when a certain people felt commanded to kill any nationality that obstructed their desires to build a nation of their own they took from others.

Actually, I found his words encouraging that he would ask his people to desist and get their stuff together. Of course, he was speaking more for the safety of himself and his regime, I'm sure, than he was as an international visionary. In short he also was saying, "You stupids, you know you cannot win this battle you have chosen to start." Perhaps he has read up on the rise and fall of the Third Reich and realizes that Toyota pickups and AK-47s are not Panzers and FW-109s,not quite the way to win the world from the infidels.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

Can't disagree with that. Every step we've taken there has been a step strengthening the radicals.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The last guy who tried to reform Egypt in a way that brought it into line with the rest of the world in an earth shattering way, signed that treaty with Israel, got assassinated. Did he not? This guy better have real good security if his words start to look like they might be taking root.

Or

King in the South?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Opposing party? Are you talking about the Muslim Brotherhood?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Think that may be little to much to ask. I will settle for what he has done thus far. When more stable that courage will come. They still need our money.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

What you say about him reminds me of the times back about 1947 when a certain people felt commanded to kill any nationality that obstructed their desires to build a nation of their own they took from others.

I find this to be a very interesting point. Especially because Hitler held Islam in the highest regard for it's brainwashing ability and the hatred present in the Quran for the Jews...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I doubt this call will be heralded amoung the wider Muslim population. There are an estimated 65 Million radicalised Islamists currently in the world.

What non-Muslims don't understand is that unlike most other religions the Quran is only to be taken literally. 61% of the Quran contains hatespeech inciting violence against non-believers, it contains verses describing how to cut the head off infidels and the enemies of the Prophet, that pedophillia is okay as long as the male child has no beard - if he does have a beard then that is homosexuality which is punishable by death, and how to beat your wife into submission. This literal translation has caused so many non-Muslims and apostates (moderate Muslims) to be murdered in the name of Allah more than Hitler and Stalin combined. More people were murdered in the name of Islam through terror attacks last year than those that were murdered by the KKK in the last 50 years. Muslims are forbidden under death from speaking out against Islam that is why Muslims remain silent and often refuse to condemn acts of terror.

Islam is a dinosaur in the age of mammals and it needs a Renaissance and revision like Catholicism's Vatican II, for it to be made relevant in the modern age. But with the threat of death over the heads of anyone who disrespects Islam in its current state - I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Have you read the Quran? Can you cite that statistic? Ect.. I have been lead to believe that part of the Quran (jihad) is kinda like The old testimate, and no longer used except by the manipulated !!!!!! a reply to: Kalixi

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Could it be these 6000+ guys (the "Muslim Brotherhood') were essentially cia-paid/-influenced shills, instructed to destabilize/terrorize/destroy Egypt in a similar manner as Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan, Syria (planned), and other countries ("Isis-like")? And that ElSisi K-N-E-W this? Which would mean he H-A-D to fight these fellows in order to save his own country ...? Again, I don't know. It's just a thought.

edit on 9-1-2015 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

\With islam I feel we are looking back to the way christians behaved hundreds of years ago and naturally I resent having to be dragged backwards whilst people find their common sense and come into the world today.

However I do think its a very sad thing that the Egyptians have lost all their knowledge of their own fabulous heritage and only a few educated ones seem to be interested in their roots. To put islam into the world context is as chrfistianity wanted to be in the dark past and this attitude gives the impression that an all singing and dancing religion is right for everyone in the land. There is no all sizes fit one foot and any blanket religion is going to be either a dictatorship or it has to compromise and respect people's right to believe and how to behave..

Despite his background the Egyptian President is absolutely right. Islam is tearing itself apart and people have had enough of its apologists. In the UK we are being shown on tv neat little tables with islamic kids spouting what they think and don't think which in the light of Paris is absolutely lame and damn irritating. A friend when this was on at the time exclaimed who cares, they should not be listened to with what is happening in the world, they are the ones who need to listen, as they are a minority and new to the west. What makes this situation's approach nonsensical is they want ito live here and don't appear to want to live in other islamic countries where their sensibilities are accepted as normal! Seems a bit rich the British governments approach but you can't put two opposed views of the world together without clashes and we are getting too many of these now.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
However one feels about el-Sisi, it seems his message at new years was a timely one.

peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join