It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Blasts Paul Ryan and House Republicans For Trying To Cook The Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Another Paul Ryan plan that does not stand up to common sense:

The Republicans have hatched a plan to force the CBO to cook the books and paint a rosy picture of the benefits of trickle-down economics. They call it ‘dynamic scoring.’ In fact, it’s a gimmick to help justify more tax cuts for the wealthy and profitable corporations. It’s what the first President Bush called voodoo economics – and he was right. The purpose of dynamic scoring is to conceal – not reveal – how Republican policies will affect the economy. The basic problem with what the right-wing economists call “dynamic scoring” is that it requires the CBO to count hypothetical growth as additional revenue. “That means counting the chickens before they hatch.

What history shows is that when you give tax breaks to the rich and large corporations, the rich get richer, corporate profits climb and the federal deficit soars. In these difficult times, we need realistic economic projections, not discredited theories, not voodoo economics.

source

Go Bernie!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

This is great,

but it's likely to generate some pushback from elites, which might sour things,

but still it's a good thing he spoke up.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Sanders needs to run for President, as long as he's Independent. I'd campaign and fund him.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
At least there are books now. That's better than Democrats managed for the past six years.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hes talking like a commie, the rich need more money to save murika.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
At least there are books now. That's better than Democrats managed for the past six years.

Oh please at least it wasn't as bad as the eight years we had no books with Bush. Put everything on a credit card and pass it on the next person that's the GOP agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
Sanders needs to run for President, as long as he's Independent. I'd campaign and fund him.

Same here I wouldn't hesitate to vote for him. Here is a speech by him a few years ago that is nothing but the truth.

Of course they want to give the wealthy more tax breaks they need to pay them back for putting them into office.
edit on 8-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Who is President and signing off on all legislature? Let's see the new reports on Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
this looks like the legislation....

H.Res. 5

where do the problems lie?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That would mean reading the bill. You know no one does that anymore ... except for the people who really did have objections to Obamacare. You know, the people.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh geez...come on! it seems every time a politician gets busted it's "look at the current administration...look at this...look at that!" Where were all you "nay sayers" when it was Bush and his cronies racking up the bills and raking in all the fake money like it was high tides on the Pacific? What about Clinton...what about Bush 1, what about Reagan, what about Carter, what about Ford...etc?

Now it's all coming out..it must be Obama somehow, yeah, that's it...that one bill is surely doing us in. Please, get outta' here with that crap! It's never any one administration. Can't you all put your personal attachments aside long enough to understand what's going on? The fact that any of you find yourselves jumping on any one bandwagon is sad. It's also a clue into who's doing their homework in HIStory! This crap didn't just start 6 years ago...it's decades and decades and decades and decades and decades old, at least. Wake up already. Put your democratic and republican bull crap aside long enough to understand what's "been" going on. Maybe this would be a great time to throw on that tin foil cap so that you can think clearly. I don't know, just a thought. But please, for the love of country do something different with your thought process and stop following the "Political Pied Piper"...whomever that is for you.

As for me, since you're probably thinking "the nerve of TPE...who the hell is she to tell me how to think?" I'm not telling you how to think, I'm just asking that sometimes you look outside of your political affiliations at the entire picture, the entire history. That's all...not trying to be the ultimate ass here, just asking you all to look into the past and that my friends means every side. You don't have to look that far either before you begin to see how screwed up we've been.

If it ain't Obama, it's the other guy, if it ain't that guy, it's that guy before him...for crying out loud, IT'S ALL OF THEM!
Stop this madness, it's not gonna get us anywhere pointing the finger. As a matter of fact, we're not going anywhere as a nation as long as the same ol' same ol' are in charge.

My opinion funded by ME

ETA
Call me pompous or whatever makes you feel better. You all need to wake up. I'm an independent just because I dislike both sides. Sorry, I forgot to add the "nut tastick" Tea Party, I dislike them also. I'm beginning to dislike the Independents too

With Love to You All,
TPE
edit on 1/8/15 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I read your source, annnnd its just a bunch of liberal talking points.

Typical liberal failure

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: reformedtro11nowgenious

Feel free to enlighten the rest of us on what is a typical failure about them.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this up. I was witness to the implementation and fallout from Reagan’s “voodoo economics“ (as Bush Sr termed it). Reagan’s middle class supporters did not understand what was happening and going to happen to them economically.

The younger Congressional members who propose this have drunk the Billionaires "dynamic scoring" Kool-Aid.

Here’s what Republicans who aren’t true believers from the Billionaires Cult have to say

Bruce Bartlett

In practice, dynamic scoring is just another way for Republicans to enact tax cuts and block tax increases. It is not about honest revenue-estimating; it’s about using smoke and mirrors to institutionalize Republican ideology into the budget process.

source

David Stockman

...the new tax-cutters not only claimed victory for their supply-side strategy but hooked Republicans for good on the delusion that the economy will outgrow the deficit if plied with enough tax cuts.

source

The GOP tax cut cultists who propose this either are economically naive or are deliberately deceiving the American public in order to push their ideology ("the ends justify the means"). Their tactic of not presenting the truth in order to gain control is decades old.

For further comments, read here

(post by reformedtro11nowgenious removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reformedtro11nowgenious

So nothing do with the points of the OP?
Thought so.

Attack me all you want if that makes you feel better

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is a bunch of crap, which is what Republicans always push. The sad thing is that most Americans won't bother to read enough to see it and if they do they'll be too dumb to understand it.

This is fraud plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

join