It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scotland getting battered with 100mph winds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
can hear wheelie bins already get blowing about and worst is yet to come? i said i expected a bad year this year but admit i meant snow,seems its going to be high winds and rain, sounds like i,m near the jet engine of a plane at min.

www.bbc.co.uk...-uk-content

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

In west yorkshire and its bad here also.
Stay safe dude.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
you too,i won,t be going out the door lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Caused by warmer air, warmer oceans, or a change in the jet stream maybe?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
yeah heard the jet stream is changing but didn,t say that cause i would have been hit with show me proof which at the min i don,t have time to do

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Dang, that's pretty powerful! Stay safe. I always get all excited when it's super windy, like a kid.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
got to admit so do i.......think thats why my friends see me weird and the gf cause i want to experience the worst nature can through at you,i don,t want to see anyone die but meteor strike if i,m going to go out then thats what i would love to witness,i know i,m weird lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hand gliding was invented in Edinburgh on a windy day.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well i'm in Glasgow and have the pleasure to be working nightshift right now (03:30) in the thick of it. It doesn't help matters when i'm mainly outdoors in a cold dark shipyard, it's difficult just holding onto my hard-hat in this weather.

edit on 8/1/15 by Morgil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Morgil

Compared to Edinburgh Glasgow Is fairly level In Edinburgh your either climbing up a steep hill/street.
Or gingerly making your way down a steep decent.
Add ice an wind into the mix and arse oer tit often ensues

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Be safe fellas in the knowledge that you can let rip a real ripe fart and nobody will ever know. Just kidding, be well.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What a bunch of drama queens...its windy ffs.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm on the west coast of Scotland, was pretty windy last night at one point I thought the big bad wolf was outside.

Not the worst though, I got a new 12ft trampoline a few weeks ago for free thanks to the wind!

I read that its caused by cool weather in the U.S messing with the jet stream.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
wagon coupd o'er on queensferry bridge. 113 mph gusts lol.

Didni help was bin day the day.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Glad it all settled down by time i took the wee man for a walk this mornin ...
But looks like a bomb site out there .. everywhere ... contents of everyones wheelie bins strewn all down the road ... nearly stood on an unopened box of tea towels lying amongst the clutter as i crossed the road outside ... strange thing to throw out .. prob someones unwanted crappy christmas gift .. ha ha

Several downed trees blocking my path .... all sorts of various council trucks drivin around, doin their varied clean up duties ... well appreciated ... Glad to see them as opposed to emergency vehicles ...

well a quiet...ish spell today, before round 2 kicks in ... Monday looks particuarly strong again ... Its kinda exciting .. But the responsible adult in me now really wishes no one at all gets harmed in any way .. I',m always gutted to hear of peoples or their property being damaged ... Hear a lot of about english towns being flooded past several years .. livelihoods gone .. cattle drowned ... and the experts say it will get worse each year, as our oceans temp IS rising quickly

Happy thoughts

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: michael1888
I got a new 12ft trampoline a few weeks ago for free thanks to the wind!

Was it t his one ?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hahaha noa reply to: Segenam

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just hoping with all that wind you gentlemen that prefer kilts happen to be wearing undergarments.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I always thought it was supposed to be windy in Scotland?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is - but this is the kind of wind that makes even a Scotsman go "Bloody Hell!"...

Still, this Winter is pretty tame compared to last years, that was a mess!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join