It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says drivers must not have 'sex disorders'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The point is there are people whose rights are being violated in a much worse manner.

Is this good? No, but in the grand scheme of things being denied a drivers license over your identity is something that actually can be gotten around, just like you can go to the bathroom that identifies with your biological gender. I mean it is only what people of faith are being asked to do every day in this country - don't practice or voice your beliefs in public if they conflict with the PC position. And you can get around those conflicts by simply going along with what we want.

So, just because this is something you feel is bad (and I agree that it is) doesn't make it worse than the human rights violations that many others suffer every day across the globe. Really, what is the inability to dress as the gender you prefer when compared to the lose liberty or life that so many others suffer?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No, I don't think sexual preference stunts cognitive ability, but who knows. I don't even know if the story is true and if it is, it is probably intended piss off the west. I'm only guessing but Putin seems to find humour in his own ability to be completely anti-PC and still remain so popular in his country. Poor western politicians are exhausted trying to keep up with MSM's PC flavour of the week. Putin is just chillaxin and running snip.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I have a sex disorder, I'm a glutton! But seriously, if Russia ever found out what I do to "proper women" behind closed doors they wouldn't even let me look at a tricycle even...

Small price to pay if you ask me! Sex or car... Yeah, I have two legs.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Russia has listed transsexual and transgender people among those who will no longer qualify for driving licences.
Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included as "mental disorders" now barring people from driving.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Wow this is stupid and sure is wrong in my opinion.
Why can't transgender people drive? I just can't believe it....
It must be against human rights eh?.

I think the real problem is drink driving...that is the cause for the so many accidents.

www.ibtimes.com...

Well it is at least statistically shown that gay drivers are the worst on average, and most transexuals are gay men no??

Women and Gay men are worst drivers - Telegraph

I don't really care one way or the other, but trying to rationalize it objectively here; driving is a discipline that relies on structure, following the rules, and avoiding offending other motorists around you. It's kind of the anti-thesis to what LBGT culture is now isn't it?
edit on 9-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why have the resident russophiles not stopped by to explain how this is actually all the U.S.'s fault yet? Or did I miss it?

It is American fault because America made Russia paranoid about this issue.
I don't endorse such laws though I also don't accept that drivers license is "unalienable human right"
Btw they also making rules softer for some categories of physically disabled people.

With all this LGBT I don't know who is more hypocritical Russians or the West.
Consider this Sochi 2014 song. West says there is "prosecution" of anything LGBT and T.A.T.U. was famous exactly for this lol

youtu.be...

Lol! Sorry man, I'm not a very good long jumper. I can't make that big of a leap.

Russia puts restrictions on licenses for people with "sex disorders" because america made them paranoid? I think if america had made them so paranoid they'd be going the other direction with it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: muchmadness

Excellent point. Next time I hear my neighbor beating his kids within the borders of his own house, I'm just going to let his family deal with it. I got too many problems of my own to care what's happening to anyone outside of my immediate presence.

Completely different.

Unless we can say there is a Judicial, Law enforcement, Political setup within your neighbours home specifically existing to intervene when the guy next door beats his family, it's not the same thing at all.

Every country has these systems in place on a national level, specifically to deal with situations like you mention (and a whole lot more of course), whereas a single home does not have those systems in isolation.

If that's Russia's policy, then that is how it is. None of our business, as it doesn't affect us and in actuality only really affects a tiny, tiny minority of Russians themselves.

All this seizing on any quirk of policy by Russia is best left to our propaganda departments of our Governments agencies, and not the usual handful of amateurish propaganda wannabes here on ATS (who if really are 'agents', the USA is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent) who just make themselves look ridiculous by grasping at straws with which to condemn 'Ze enemy'. (ze enemy this week anyway).

In the interests of equality and impartial fairness...and for our own amusement of course, here are some US laws that might put the Russian one under discussion into perspective:
Illinois.

1. A state law requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date. The law does not apply to married couples.

2. In Zion, It is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.

California.

1. In Riverside, Kissing on the lips, unless both parties wipe their lips with carbonized rose water, is against the local health ordinance.

2. In Los Angeles, It is not legal to bathe two babies at the same time in the same tub.

Iowa.

1. In Ottumwa, It is illegal for any man, within the corporate city limits, to wink at any female with whom he is "unacquainted."

Maryland.

1. It is illegal to take a lion to the movies.

Nebraska.

1. It is not legal for a tavern owner to serve beer unless a nice kettle of soup is also brewing.

New York.

1. A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.

2. A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

3. In Ocean City, It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.

4. In Ocean City, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.

5. In Staten Island, It is illegal for a father to call his son a "faggot" or "queer" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."

And MANY, MANY more such idiotic, sexist and down right ridiculous, unfair, unequal laws.

DUMB LAWS of the USA

Those crazy, crazy Ruskies...eh monkeyboy?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

This seems to be about navigation rather than actual accidents.
young men are shown to be the worst drivers which is why their premiums were always higher, before it became illegal to do this on sexual discrimination terms.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Can't take a lion to the movies in Maryland.

Can't get a license if you're a TG/TS in Russia.

Oh yea, I see how those are alike. They're both just silly laws and such.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

New?

Hardly. Imperial Russia, later the Soviet Union, now the Russian Federation, has always been rather less than friendly towards those who are different, or trend away from what is considered "normal".

Color me unsurprised that something like this would happen there.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Really you can't see the difference between those laws and what's going on in Russia? Find me an instance where even one of those laws you listed was enforced. While in Russia they already have a history of discriminatory laws against a certain subset of the population that have been enforced. Furthermore, this isn't just a state law or town ordinance. This is a policy that applies to all of Russia.

I also find it interesting that people are saying that we should just ignore this because we're not from Russia. Every day on this site we have people from all over the world commenting and criticizing US policy. I don't see you telling those people who aren't from the US that shouldn't be discussing what goes on in the US since it doesn't affect them. Bit hypocritical if you ask me.
edit on 1/9/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Actually the DSM 5 has gender dysphoria as a disorder, the "symptoms" of which generally amount to transsexualism. It was previously known as gender identity disorder. It was changed but still included in order to try facilitate insurance coverage for gender modification surgery (at least that is what we were told in a classroom setting). There was much debate over whether the risk of stigma of still being included was worth assistance with the surgery. I have no issue with transgender people and I felt that the risk of stigma by the inclusion was too much. As an aside, yes, the mental health community does try to game the system *cough* help people with insurance coverage right down to their diagnostic bible.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: notmyrealname

So forget about basic human rights eh? as long as it is over there you don't care....

So what would you do go around invading country's to enforce our values?

No its not right but if its in another country there is not much we can do.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think expressing disgust, and promoting international condemnation is a good start.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Most of the laws you listed, and many on the site you linked, are archaic laws that are never enforced anymore, and just simply haven't been removed from the books. It's a sign of how backwards and silly some areas of the U.S. used to be.

This law in Russia is BRAND NEW. Isn't that telling? You're comparing laws of some previously backwards and silly U.S. areas to a brand new law in Russia.

So if anything, if you REALLY want to make the comparison, all you've done is demonstrate how backwards and silly Russia is even in modern times.

So thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Except these sexual preferences are not insanity. Look in the DSM. Every disorder contains one or both of the following criteria: 1.) the person poses a threat to their own being or others; 2.) the behavior causes impairment in the person's social, occupational, or educational activities. These sexual preferences don't fall into either of these categories. Even the psychiatrists of Russia say that these new laws are appalling.

You're completely mis understanding the nature of gender dysphoria.

Gender does not equal sexual preference.

The WHO authored DSM, currently lists Gender Dysphoria as a Mental illness. (Although there is growing pressure to remove transgender identity disorder from the DSM. However doing this would in some cases mean that transgender people would no longer be entitled to treatment by health and medical practitioners. In some cases, and some territories this treatment is subsidised by state ministries or underwritten by insurance companies. So even within the transgender community there is a difference of opinion on the pathologisisation of transgenderisim.)

As it stands, its possible for Transgender individuals to be legally discriminated against as they are judged to be be suffereing from a mental illness. There's a case for saying that people with a mental illness should not be allowed to drive, but its by no means a strong one.

For example recovering alcoholics are also suffering from a mental condition, even if they have been sober for an extended period. Likewise people who have been diagnosed as suffering from depression or other mental conditions.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Good catch. F&S&
....I posted this story in 'Conspiracy Theories' without mentioning Russia - just to see if anyone in America supports the law. No takers yet (which I'm glad to see)....

edit on 9/1/15 by soficrow because: add note

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm a transgender man and I'm a GREAT driver. I'm especially good at parking, to be honest. So take that, Putin.

But... let's be real here. It's Russia, a country known for being a terrible place for LGBTs... I'm not surprised at all and, thankfully, I have no interest in going there.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

No. India is a terrible place LGTB. You go to jail for acts of homosexuality in India, not Russia.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think Vladimir Putin is a less than stellar human being, but I can appreciate the wisdom of enacting efforts to keep disordered behaviors 'in the closet' so to speak.

One need only witness the societal and cultural havoc that has been wrought where decadent, self-indulgent and sinful behaviors are celebrated to understand the wisdom of modesty.

Men and women who mutilate their bodies and alter their appearances in an effort to live a lie, and force others to accept their lie are not healthy human beings.

Nope. Nope. No.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

So that means they shouldn't have driving licences? So in your opinion anybody who thinks differently to you and who you consider to be unhealthy shouldn't drive?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join