It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Errors?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

If you rubbing it, or walking around with a stiff arm you can.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

I don't think we are going to do that. Why waist time on that when we can spend it with her. She is still alive, and that is all that matters. And none of the doctors did anything to her, in practice, if you understand. They just overlooked things, but did not cause any harm.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Its pathetic but not shocking. I think i read last year that most doctors frequently use google searches for symptoms on most patients. Maybe it should be used sometimes but it sounds like most dont know anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadskinMask

More doctors should watch House! lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Given your grandmothers age, have you considered alternative medicine? Maybe adding a few herbs that are beneficial to fight cancer in her morning tea?? I dont trust Drs anymore. I do still see them, for like broken arms, but most of the meds they give people were only designed to be used in emergency situations. Like the Neurotin drugs. I try to use herbal antibiotics and only go in extreme need. When the extreme meds are necessary.

These herbs come to mind, but do your own research. Some of the internet claims are outrageous, but these herbs are full of vitamins and minerals that boost immune systems so it couldnt hurt.

Absinth also called Wormwood and Artemisinin, it grows wild in the US, it was brought here by the Chinese Miners.
Turkey Tail Mushroom, grows wild in the US, I just picked some at my nieces house. And also Soursop. There will be tons of info on line. I doubt that all the miracle cancer cure stuff is true, but drinking a herb tea cant hurt either.

These can be bought on ebay or at your local health food store. But, if you decide to pick this yourself, you can take a sample to your local college and have a botanist identify it for you.

www.youtube.com...=33
Artemisinin and Turkey Tail Mushroom in the images.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thank you for the info. I will look into it

edit on 8-1-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I find the part of the story about the legs swelling VERY telling....my friend had that...one day foot and ankle swelled bad and painful....took over the counter water pill until she could see her doc..they put her on a prescription water pill... this was about a year ago

she was having female problems...had a fibroid....it took a month to get in to see her primary( you have to see to get referred) whom referred her to gyno, took a month to see them.

just had a couple slightly weird cells in the pap...uterine biopsy negative....had to schedule scans wait another 3 weeks, then more because the scan guy got sick

she starts having pain that gets worse...ends up in the hospital....finally they get around to doing the scans, nothing conclusive....more biopsies sent out, took forever.

the upshot,dead of cancer after thanksgiving...just horrible

that part about the painful swelling and having to wait to see each dr...how may people die of cancer because it takes sdo long to see a dr and get referred

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I am very sorry you went thought all that.

Did they ever determine which cancer it was?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

some sort of small cell..the weird thing is the main source is always in the lung, but hers were clear and she was a lifelong smoker too.

i'll tell you medicine is not an exact science for sure.

my husband had cancer 2 years ago, first thing they told me was that it was not life threatening, removed his kidney, dead in 3 weeks

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I am so terribly sorry to hear that.

It appears that there is something in her lungs also.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

no, there was nothing in her lungs, they were very surprised because that is where the original spot shows up, but, her lungs were totally clear.......they said small cell cancer is hard to see, detect....they finally told us she had spots in her hip

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Let me rephrase. It appears that there is some spots or something in my Grandmother's lungs. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Good doctors are very hard to find. When you get one, hang to him or her with a death grip. Our family is blessed to have found one.

I had a sports medicine doctor in college who told me I could do full track and field activities while on an aggressive, injectable vasoconstrictor - one that was later almost taken off the market because people with undiagnosed circulatory weaknesses were dying from it. Yeah, tried running a full 400m hurdles race on that one - ugly results.

I had a student health center doctor who overdosed me on a migraine medicine containing an ergotamine. Spent the entire night suffering a bad hallucinatory drug trip. Also ugly results.

And when it comes to the elderly, very often your only insurance is Medicare. Fewer and fewer good doctors take it all the time leaving you with less and less options. Obamacare has only made that worse and will only make that worse. I lost my grandfather to a brain tumor they took forever to diagnose this past year, and by the time they did, he was pretty much gone.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

After a head injury at a young age, I was given chronic medication for the damage to my brain I sustained in the accident. After 10 years I was a full on addict. It turned out that those medication was only supposed to be used for 3 years, because that is the maximum period of use.

It appears that being a doctor is most thr time just a title, and not allways the knowledge of medicine.
edit on 9-1-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I am so sorry I misunderstood your post ..... another thing about drs...obamacare went into effect, signing up all these people,but, they didn't hire any more drs so it takes longer and longer to get into to see one

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I am not in the US, so I don't really know. But I did hear about this abamocare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join