It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the selfies!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld
Just for you

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

At least your T-shirt is apologizing for you

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

oh shut up

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You always look the same!

Couldn't be less true.

Just -slight- change in lighting makes you look different. You age EVERY DAY, thus you look different every day (in fact, you age every microsecond - actually, you age 'seamlessly 'all the time'' - even MORE actually, only your BODY ages, .. aagh!).

Even if we remove the body out of the equation, your soul also learns something every day, so even in the astral world, you never look exactly the same.

But if we think of physical side for the moment, besides aging and lighting, there are other things to consider:

- camera angle makes you look different
- an expression can vary wildly, making you look like a differend individual
- different hats, hairstyles, clothes, make-up (or lack thereof), can make you look completely different
- emotional mood has a huge effect on how you look - if you're REALLY having fun, you look more authentic than if you're just pretending (even if you're a good actor/actress)

I always envy reality for how effortlessly it can make everything look different all the time - slight wind and a tree looks different, because every leaf reacted to it.. blades of grass.. human faces, different viewpoints - try to render or draw all that with a pen or pixel art and you'd sweat so much you'd forget what you were doing. Impossible to keep up with how easily and quickly nature can render your face completely differently just because you alter viewpoint, lighting or camera angle.

Reality is the ultimate renderer and 3D engine, and its light effects and super-HDR are so enviable... oh well, back to the drawing board (literally).

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I wouldn't be as judgmental or condemning - if someone wants to waste their time doing silly things, that's their right.

The thing about selfies, is that.. I just don't understand them. Why take photos of your face or food? Don't you know what you look like? Is it important to remember what nourishment looked like just before your body turned it into some brown sludge to be pushed out the other side of your body?

I just don't get it.. you could be philosophizing, drawing, thinking, making music, exploring nature or interesting suburbs, socializing with people 'from' other countries, learning a new language, bicycling, playing chess, collaborating with someone, doing a storyboard for some project, learning a technique, ... and you just worship a rectancle that gives you joyjoyvibes if you shove your face next to it and keep slapping its flat face with your fingers?

I just don't understand it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join