It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the word 'terrorist' in quotes?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looks like some facts are starting to roll in and indeed point to an active terrorist organization:

French police officials say they have identified three men as suspects in a deadly attack against newspaper offices that killed 12 people and shook the nation.

Two officials named the suspects as Frenchmen Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi, in their early 30s, as well as 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad, whose nationality wasn't immediately clear.

One of the officials said they were linked to a Yemeni terrorist network.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You basically found a souce that said the exact same thing I just got done saying. Grammar Girl and Blue Book agree on the uses of Single Quotes.

edit on 7-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I dont partake in the semantics.....

The game of playing subjectivity on whether or not "theyre real muslims" is just a method to confuse the issue

I recently had a heated discussion with someone and he insisted on calling the power elite "The Jews". I think words are important. IMO, it's lazy to call a group of people by a label when it doesn't necessarily fit, like calling Fred Phelps' group "Christians".

I don't have to know the details about the situation to speak to the use of the word "terrorist" being in quotes...

Thank you for your rational thinking. The words terrorist and terrorism are tossed around very freely these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Jamie1

'Terrorist' is apostrophized (If that's a word. If not, well I just made it one).

The beginning and end of that sentence is Quotated!! (Just made another new word). he! he!

You put Apostrophe to emphasize or highlight a word. You should know that.

Apostrophes are not used to highlight a word. You should know that.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Jamie1

'Terrorist' is apostrophized (If that's a word. If not, well I just made it one).

The beginning and end of that sentence is Quotated!! (Just made another new word). he! he!

You put Apostrophe to emphasize or highlight a word. You should know that.

Apostrophes are not used to highlight a word. You should know that.

Well, they are but also to distinguish between a couple of words... for example just saying:

I saw a Terrorist yesterday shooting up a Mall (means you did actually see a Terrorist shooting up a Mall)

and

I saw a 'Terrorist' yesterday shooting up a Mall (Means you think you saw a Terrorist shooting up a Mall)

I use Apostrophes to bring 'Attention' to words myself.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join