It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A scribble from the heart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
When I think back on it, it no longer makes me cry, the tears that used to fall have well and truely dried. The emotional scars you left are fading away like the sunlight at the end of the day.

The hurting, the flames are no longer burning, the embers are dying and I no longer have to try.
The feelings I had have faded like the memories of your face.
I've freed my mind, body and soul, I'm relinquishing the power you used to hold. The lessons I've learned are valuable at best, but everything else is being laid to rest.
Love can be the most painful teacher, it gives you the test before the lesson. You love to be hurt, so you can learn to love again.

It took time to forgive and time to forget and I guess I'm writing this as a final testament. I'm done with the inner turmoil and I do not regret but I'm closing the final chapter and burning the book...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: karmajayne

I hope soon to be where you are now. Free of the pain. Well written, I know exactly your story.

I just don't think I will learn to love again, instead, I will learn to avoid it. I won't make it out of another failure.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I use to think like that and honestly it's one of the hardest battles one can face. I like to think of it as a blessing in disguise, it closed the door so many more can now open.

You're so much stronger than you think, you know what you want and what you expect. I'll be honest with you it's taken me almost 2 years to write this. I have finally got to the point that I am ready to open my heart to someone if the right one comes along but I rufuse to let the past issuses and insecurities have a hold on me.

The best piece of advice I can give you is, you cannot walk foward in a straight line if you spend all your time looking back. The past serves no purpose but to hold you back. I promise you there is a light at the end of the tunnel, learn from the lessons, learn to love yourself sometimes we can be our own worse enemy.
I wish you all the best and I hope time is kind and you can move past this phase, it's hard to see it now but the best is yet to come.

join