It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirby Delauter Doesn't Want his Name In The Press Without Permission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Frederick County Councilman Kirby Delauter is really upset about his name published in an article at The Frederick News-Post by reporter Bethany Rodgers. The article mentions Kirby Delauter twice.

Councilman Kirby Delauter, who is also a former commissioner, has joined Shreve in concern over parking for elected officials. Gardner has reserved three parking spots at Winchester Hall for council members, since the part-time officials will rarely all turn up simultaneously.

Delauter, R-District 5, has asked Gardner to take parking spaces away from her government affairs liaison and her chief administrative officer and designate them for the council. She has declined to do so, but is working to identify a fourth spot for council members, she said.

After Kirby Delauter's facebook rant. The Frederick News-Post ran two stories. Delauter to The News-Post: Don't use my name without permission and Kirby Delauter, Kirby Delauter, Kirby Delauter. The best part about the second article is each first letter of every paragraph spells out Kirby Delauter.

The biggest piece of NLBS that came from Delauter, an elected offical, was this quote.

“Your rights stop where mine start.”

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think he is probably mentally retarded.

Or perhaps the product of the American school system, and really bad parenting. It's a horrific combination.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Your rights end where mine start"

Two way street there buddy!
If it is her right to report on you then your right to not be named ends

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

The duty of journalism and media is to point out hypocrisy and corruption in society and the system in general. This includes putting hot coals at the feet of politicians who suck. Why is that so hard to understand for some people? Luckily we still have the Freedom Of Information Act and the right of free press.
As long as what the paper is printing isn't libelous in nature, they can plaster the guys name all over it.

edit on 1/6/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

top topics

join