It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden UK Military Installations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642
Urm I'm not entirely sure this was over a year ago or so. But I was on my way to fort William in Scotland with some friends when we went past. It was just something you don't see everyday.. Even at the age of 29 I was excited that I might just get to see some tanks .. I didn't

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Urm I'm not entirely sure this was over a year ago or so. But I was on my way to fort William in Scotland with some friends when we went past. It was just something you don't see everyday.. Even at the age of 29 I was excited that I might just get to see some tanks .. I didn't

looks like Warcop. You won't have seen tanks there sorry to be disappointing. Get the odd light vehicle but no tanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
there are many secret bases in the uk ,,and i find it absolutely ridiculous to discuss them on this site.
they are secret for a reason. i know personally of several uk military sites most people have no clue about .
and technically we are at war at this present time,what benefit would there be to discussing this and risk revealing defence secrets ,im sure many countries security services love this site ,,ats should itself be wary of revealing secret active military sites.

not all information should be in the public domain for terrorists to find lightly guarded weapons dumps.

Yeah right, unless you think about it for a moment and realise the simple truth: If the likes of us are discussing 'secret sites' in the UK, it's an absolute certainty that any of 'ze enemy' will have known about them decades before reading anything we have to say on the matter.

We're good...but we're not that good mate.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

there are many secret bases in the uk ,,and i find it absolutely ridiculous to discuss them on this site.
they are secret for a reason. i know personally of several uk military sites most people have no clue about .
and technically we are at war at this present time,what benefit would there be to discussing this and risk revealing defence secrets ,im sure many countries security services love this site ,,ats should itself be wary of revealing secret active military sites.

not all information should be in the public domain for terrorists to find lightly guarded weapons dumps.

Yeah right, unless you think about it for a moment and realise the simple truth: If the likes of us are discussing 'secret sites' in the UK, it's an absolute certainty that any of 'ze enemy' will have known about them decades before reading anything we have to say on the matter.

We're good...but we're not that good mate.

Indeed. You can now view the clock tower in Credenhill on google earth and the front gate of most army barracks on google street view.

The Top Gear track gets used in counter terrorism drills too. The hangars and the old airliner near the track get used.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
And the 747 you seen in the background on top gear when they are at the track is a prop they used for the film die hard 4 and the airfield itself was used for filming

For those who may be reading this and don't know what top gear is, it's a motoring TV show in the UK and they use the airfield at Dunsfold Aerodrome as their race track
edit on 7-1-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

And the 747 you seen in the background on top gear when they are at the track is a prop they used for the film die hard 4 and the airfield itself was used for filming

For those who may be reading this and don't know what top gear is, it's a motoring TV show in the UK and they use the airfield at Dunsfold Aerodrome as their race track
I didn't realise it had been used on a die hard film. It was used on a James bond film. I've been on it, stinks of piss and damp.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Who are we at war with?!?! Do tell!

I'm pretty sure the things that need to stay secret do. And the rest is also available on Google so no need to worry.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Who are we at war with?!?! Do tell!

I'm pretty sure the things that need to stay secret do. And the rest is also available on Google so no need to worry.

i believe i stated technically at war and for my first piece of evidence may i present this link uk drones

also training troops weapons supplies and Royal Air Force Tornado jets based in Cyprus have been flying combat missions over Iraq since September. link here

this in my mind is a war ,a well hidden but real war
and my last piece of evidence uk is at war
edit on 9-1-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2015 by stuthealien because: to add links

edit on 9-1-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't actually recall when our country wasn't involved in some kind of military action. In fact I couldn't actually tell you when at all because it was most likely before any of us were born. Quite a trouble making bunch aren't we really? I think there was a very brief period when we left bastion and it was the first for something like one hundred years.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Hey don't worry i mostly agree with you only i don't like to call it a WAR as technically that implies we are in conflict with another country when really we are just attacking, controlling resources, attacking, controlling resources...not a war IMO.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Holy crap .. You're right it was James bond ... Where on earth did I get die hard from ... Wtf, my bad guys

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
" secret bases " is a term that makes my head hurt - they are secretive instalations - ie we dont know exactly whats going on inside - but in many cases - can make reasonable guesses

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Holy crap .. You're right it was James bond ... Where on earth did I get die hard from ... Wtf, my bad guys

I'm sure there was some sort of involvement in one of the die hard films and a top gear episode mate

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
One of these days, when my life is in order and I don't have to worry about other stuff, I would love to take a tour of Britain which takes in alternative sights, including military installations etc. I was born on an RAF base, my family have extensive military/ intel links. As for me personally I'm not well enough; if I was, I'd be on a career path involving the military, it just suits my mindset (I'd sign up tomorrow if I could...)

There's an element of 'woo' involved too; I keep stumbling across pieces of a squirrely puzzle. Recent revelations include that some of our closest family friends back in the old days were RAF intelligence (despite my family having moved far away from former RAF employment, and despite these people seeming to have ordinary jobs). These friends literally worked in, quote: "secret underground bunkers", quote: "keeping an eye on ... things". Besides this sort of drip-feed, unsought information flow (which cumulatively amounts to Rivers), early memories of life are exceptionally weird.

I have hopes that one day someone will explain a few things. Until then, I'm just a curious soul who tries to do right by his wife & children, despite certain difficulties, who keeps on being surprised by the ways of the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
a reply to: Petest205
Is this the sign?

www.pistonheads.com...

Just to shed another view on this sign. There are a good few of these along the M6/M1 that take you to a works unit for the Motorway Maintenance crew. In there, they have store all the road signs, have a crew on 24 hour call in case of road accidents and other type stuff such as gritter machines et all.

Not saying its related to the M4 which the OP speaks of. However, the ones Ive seen are all to do with the Highways Agency for motorway related works.

Spiro

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

Arnt those other work signs in a blue colour with white writing ? I've always assumed the red writing and red boarder of the sign were military related .. Or MoD related

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
Maybe one day you can share your expierences and tell us what you can remember
of course that is your own wish but I do love the older (sorry if that's the wrong word) RAF stories and secret gossip. Loved the aviation during the Cold War

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Spiro

Arnt those other work signs in a blue colour with white writing ? I've always assumed the red writing and red boarder of the sign were military related .. Or MoD related

Hi there, yes a believe you are correct.

Here is something else I found whilst searching:

4.4.14 What's the secret "Works Exit" on the M4? West of junction 13 on the eastbound carriageway of the M4, there are a set of sliproads signposted "Works Access Only". The signs have red borders, implying a military exit. It is a back entrance to RAF Welford, a Second World War airfield and now an RAF/USAF military installment mainly used for storing munitions. The M4 entrance allows easier access for the large vehicles used to carry the munitions. Some rumours also claim that it was here that the nuclear weapons were stored instead of Greenham Common, though this cannot be confirmed. Conventional munitions from here were used during the Gulf War.

Link

Spiro

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Yep, its real, its pointing the way to a former nuclear bunker that has since been opened as a tourist attraction. It's not like we signpost active installations like that, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join