It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/ORB over Southern California declared HOAX by Physics/Astronomy expert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
a reply to: gortex

LOL is that avatar Giorgio-A-Tsoukalos?

Could such a thing be possible ?

I say yes!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The expert said he thinks it's fake... So it's fake

Well there you have it sheeple move along there is nothing to be seen here, there is no in depth analysis or debunking of the "actual" footage in question only opinions

It's one thing just believing in anything, such as UFOs, but it's another thing altogether being closed minded, and just believing in any old explanation void of any real investigation

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

"He supposedly recorded a UFO video during the evening, coincidently same day he created a YouTube account, but he first liked things and uploaded a video of seagulls, and only hours later uploaded his video of a crashing UFO."

One small correction here. He actually would have recorded this amazing footage the day before he opened the account and then 'liked things' and uploaded the seagulls before uploading this amazing footage around 4 am PST, his local time.

I agree with those saying it's not 100% proof of a hoax but FFS people, who would do that and why?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
the video in question is interesting. i don't know if it's 'real' or 'fake'. i'm just amazed that anyone who sees (and captures on video) something unusual bothers to upload it to the net anymore. all and any such footage is immediately subject to an armada of armchair experts' appraisal and, most commonly, dismissal. not to mention the character of the uploader him or herself will be brought into question and potentially dragged through the mud by the aforementioned armada.

it's an old, old story.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

not to mention the character of the uploader him or herself will be brought into question and potentially dragged through the mud by the aforementioned armada.
Source?

Are you at all familiar with the chronology of events here? How about a reasonable explanation for why anyone should not be highly suspicious of this activity?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
If youtube required likes and comments previous to uploading a video like we did, I could tell you exactly why
But I must admit it does appear as if he was creating an unbiased reliable source. Then again, maybe he is and "Mr E" was hired to debunk it? Case still open in my opinion. Reckon I can't dern well conduct a hangin' without proof either way.
I am a little bummed this was hoaxed though. I want to believe!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I think that in order for it to be declared a hoax, the video footage should be shown to have been tampered with or created using some type of program. Speculation on the uploader's history is, while not unimportant, hardly proof of fakery. I'm on the fence.

But-but-but, he lectures in physics AND astronomy! Who could be more qualified to analyze the behavior of people who post videos on the internet?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightUpTheDark
The expert said he thinks it's fake... So it's fake

Well there you have it sheeple move along there is nothing to be seen here, there is no in depth analysis or debunking of the "actual" footage in question only opinions

It's one thing just believing in anything, such as UFOs, but it's another thing altogether being closed minded, and just believing in any old explanation void of any real investigation

Some sympathy with that. Why drag someone with an 'ology in to make what amounts to an Ad Hominum attack on the person and absolutely no analysis on the video from that 'Ology's scientific point of view, but rather more from a shrink 'ology's point of view. I could say for instance, that this starts off as a picture of a perfectly normal but turbulent, short lived contrail and bears no resemblance to an incoming Comet, and that maybe the videoman played around with it and created an animi with a few chosen pixels from what he had from the contrail, by me saying that, rubbish as it may be, at least it brings something to the table.
Here's a blow up of the same sequence by 'Mr Enigma' and there is something consistent in the sequence throughout, and that is the darkness surrounding the head of the trail. (nothing to do with Mr Enigma per se, just working with what you have got) With a decent camera, that could well be the dark area often seen of an aircraft in a contrail video off the nose, but this looks like a crappy mobile setup in zoom with all the scatter, but still even in the original video you see the dark area.

Sure the whole thing could well be a load of crap, but firstly, there is only a few seconds of an 'orb' flying away, the whole sequence is also very short and within limits of viewing for obvious reasons. So, even if you were looking up and thought, that's odd, or an odd looking trail, or contrail..if you didn't see anything flying off out of that in those few seconds, who's to say that there should be X amount of video with the same scene.
I welcome anyone to enlarge on it, but not from the physicist's point of view.

edit on 6-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that this video is not an alien craft.

Unimpressive even if it were.

A great deal of genuine sightings take place at a far lower altitude; a thousand feet or less, many barely above treetop level. Posted videos of those events are few and far between, unfortunately.

But my first hint it is conventional is the altitude. My second is the straight-line trajectory. My third, the uniform velocity. Then the fact it has a trail. Apart from the ejecta, which is interesting, there's no reason it couldn't be a meteor or space-junk re-entry, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What most people here seem not to get:

It is MORE than justified to be skeptical, VERY skeptical actually in a field where 98% of people *are* hoaxers or fakers, entire organized groups of people who do hoax and fake to get clicks on their videos.

If you're not skeptical you do yourself and the entire "UFOLogy" field a disservice.

It's justified to question the behavior of a witness or UFo uploader, in the same way as it s justified to find out if a witness, say, of a crime, can be relied on.

In this case we have lots of indications that something is off. For me, there is no way that a legit witness who filmed such an extraordinary event would behave in such a way. This is NOT a person who accidentally filmed something outside and is now eager to find out what it was, asking for help of interpretation what he saw and for other witnesses.

It is beyond me how so many people give the man the benefit of doubt and "excuse" all those oddities, just because they possibly WANT it to be true, in the same way as they want it to be true if they get a letter from Publisher's Clearinghouse telling them they won a million dollars...even if in the back of your head you know exactly that it stinks and that you didn't actually win a million dollars. HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY 101, it's amazing.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

If you're not skeptical you do yourself and the entire "UFOLogy" field a disservice.

i'm skeptical that this video is genuine - i'm also skeptical of the argument that this is a certain hoax

i'm waiting for more info

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
How can people not blatantly see this is CGI? The strange focusing of the camera, the blur of the jettisoned object, though I suppose there are still a great number of so-called ufologists who believe the laughable fakery of Adamski and Meier to be truthful.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Morg234

YEP , Hoax killed by Hoaxkiller.

a reply to: EnigmaAgent
Not sayin it's Giorgio .... But it's Giorgio.

edit on 9-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Video no longer available due to copyright claim by UFO viral videos .

UFO viral videos

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

hahaha, changing his channel name to UFO Viral Videos sure isn't helping his credibility.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards hoax on this for one simple reason. If you look at it, the "escape pod" as I've seen it called looks like it would be larger than the ship that ejected it. I'm pretty sure that's not how escape pods word.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I found this yesterday in a Disclosure group on facebook and it was linked to this article:
in5d.com...

The interesting thing about this, is that it mentiones that pillars of light were seen where the craft or whatever this thing in the video is landed or crashed.

Something HUGE just happened to our planet on Friday. It began with a cryptic text message received from a friend of mine which then lead to a phone call with James G followed by several incoming phone calls and emails that all lead to confirming what I “saw” Friday around 11:15 am PST (probably 11:11)! This is BIG folks and I want everyone to understand the magnitude of what is going down right now. I saw many massive “Pillars of Light” descending onto Planet Earth at this time (Friday morning) and as they landed, a big “thump” was felt etherically. I heard it was “Guardians/Ancient Light Beings” who had arrived and caused a bursting of Light from Mother Earth’s Crystal Core, looking a bit like cogs of Light pressing outwards. The impact of their arrival was the catalyst for this explosion of light from within.

I think this is maybe a bit too esotherical... and the source is probably not very trustworthy... but I thought it is interesting how it puts this sighting in a higher context. I'm not here to judge any of this claims, I just wanted to share this with you, cause I think there are many of you who could be interested in this.

The video which was already posted here can also be watched at the bottom of the article.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join