It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland's Lucky Escape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

It's common sense, there's no need to man up about anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Where else was he going to get the money?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi

It's common sense, there's no need to man up about anything.

Common sense that Scotland would have failed ??

Your lack of belief in your nation and people is disappointing.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

When you plan to run the country through Oil revenue then it is not bonus money, that's just absurd. Westminster doesn't need to run to the EU because the UK is still together. Split the UK up and you have completely different scenarios.

Perhaps someone should share with you that Scots are some of the most clever, resourceful people to walk the earth.

Do you enjoy using the items such as these: ??

Telephone: Alexander Graham Bell (without which the internet woulnd't exist)
Television:John Logie Baird(without which computers wouldn't exist)
Structural steel and the blast furnace: Multiple inventors (without which nearly ever facet of the modern would would not exist)
Steam engine: James Watt (without which the industrial revolution would've never occurred)
The BBC: John Reith (without which the UK politicians wouldn't have been able to scare Scots into voting NO)

And about oh, 500 other inventions that have completely reshaped the modern world ?

Blast furnaces have been around since ancient China

Henry Bessemer had more to do with the invention of modern steel than any Scot

Thomas Newcomen invented the steam engine, not James Watt.

Anything else you want to get wrong ?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Where else was he going to get the money?

Eh, he was going to steal it in a daring post office raid....

Where the hell do you think he was going to get money from. Same place as every other non natural resource producing country gets it's money. TAXATION.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Do you have any real input toward the discussion here apart from personal attacks?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think Thomas Newcomen invented a steam power water pump. James Watt utilised and improved the concept to power steam engines for the purpose of transportation and production of goods if memory serves.

Same difference as John Logie Baird inventing the mechanical TV and Philo T. Farnsworth building an electrical variant. Simply miles apart considering the changes to our world, those being the industrial revolution and the information age.
edit on 6-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Lol. I take it Unemployment would rise significantly when your economy bombs. Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Lol. I take it Unemployment would rise significantly when your economy bombs. Good luck with that.

More wishful thinking and Schadenfreude on your part than anything else.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Is there any post offices left to raid post privatisation???
Anyway don't you know we all sit around all day waiting for the next bru cheque paid for by oil sales and English subsidies

edit on 6-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

When you plan to run the country through Oil revenue then it is not bonus money, that's just absurd. Westminster doesn't need to run to the EU because the UK is still together. Split the UK up and you have completely different scenarios.

Perhaps someone should share with you that Scots are some of the most clever, resourceful people to walk the earth.

Do you enjoy using the items such as these: ??

Telephone: Alexander Graham Bell (without which the internet woulnd't exist)
Television:John Logie Baird(without which computers wouldn't exist)
Structural steel and the blast furnace: Multiple inventors (without which nearly ever facet of the modern would would not exist)
Steam engine: James Watt (without which the industrial revolution would've never occurred)
The BBC: John Reith (without which the UK politicians wouldn't have been able to scare Scots into voting NO)

And about oh, 500 other inventions that have completely reshaped the modern world ?

Blast furnaces have been around since ancient China

Henry Bessemer had more to do with the invention of modern steel than any Scot

Thomas Newcomen invented the steam engine, not James Watt.

Anything else you want to get wrong ?

Actually, I could ask the same of you. The steam engine as perfected and used widely in the industrial revolution was JAMES WATT's invention. He didn't invent the steam engine, just the one that changed the world....

Sorry I wasn't more OCD, but it's pretty clear I was referring to blast furnaces as they relate to modern low-carbon steel. Much of the same developments were happening in Germany on an almost identical timeline, but the technique was patented in Scotland and the FORTH RAIL BRIDGE is a nearly 150year old testament to Scottish innovation in steel technology!

Anything else I could help correct you on?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Hold on.......Just looking up Schadenfreude........

Oh right! i take pleasure in my fellow Scots misfortune. If i was Jewish you would say i was a self-hating Jew. I see were your coming from with that....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Is there any post offices left to raid post privatisation???
Anyway don't you know we all sit around all day waiting for the next bru cheque paid for by oil sales and English subsidies

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Oh right! i take pleasure in my fellow Scots misfortune. If i was Jewish you would say i was a self-hating Jew. I see were your coming from with that....

Your quote..

I take it Unemployment would rise significantly when your economy bombs.

Now what is it.."Your" country or not... doesn't sound like it to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

according to things I read, oil will stay low for only 2 years which isn't very long

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

What things mate? Please provide a link.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Lol. I was speaking in general. Any country's unemployment would rise if the economy bombed would it not?
Anyway you's are all doing a good job of deflecting from the OP. What state would our country be in if we had become Independent. I see no one has really ventured an answer. Maybe that's because they know the answer and just don't want to admit they were wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555
a reply to: DrunkYogi

according to things I read, oil will stay low for only 2 years which isn't very long

Well it must be true if you read it somewhere, thank God for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Anyway i am going for a bite to eat. I am just happy there is still food on the Supermarket shelf's. Thank God there was enough wise people to vote NO.

edit on 6-1-2015 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Can you just take the straw-man and victimhood crap and shove it please ?

Why drag the Jewish mention in there ?

IF you were Jewish??? Well you're not, you're Scottish, and you're a self-hating Scot. There, see how easy that was ?

Yes coming to you directly from Nuremberg 1939, lol :rolls eyes: Jesus H. Christ mate, why stop at assuming only ONE external victim role? What is this, cultural suffering appropriation ?

edit on 6-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join