It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Money Be The Antichrist & Root Of Evil?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
a reply to: NavyDoc

What I speak of is the farthest thing from a utopia. I never claimed it would be a one time-fix all. However, over time I think you would see a significant diminishment of abhorrent social behaviors, due to a lack of competition in society. And you are correct about history. However, I never said that wasn't how it was. We certainly needed money as a medium for exchange to get us to where we are today. I just don't believe we need to perpetuate it much further.

I refuse to take the defeatest attitude that society can't make the step away from monetary economics beacause "nothing is gonna change".

I think people are underestimating the levels of technology that currently do exist which could free humanity from its current level of despotism/slavery if budgets were non existent.

As per NASA engineers, the Space Shuttle was by far the most dangerous vehicle ever made, and was so due to a BUDGET. Not a lack of resources!

This is the mentality of our current system. This is how the world is run. With the illusions of dollars and cents dividing and conquering the masses and decisions being made rather than arrived at through logical and scientific reasoning. All for power and control through monetary means and social stratification.

However, one should not wish to eliminate competition because competition has also given us some of our greatest innovations. A society without any competition might be one without any drive as well.

It's is not a defeatist attitude, but a pragmatic one. People, by their nature, are flawed and changing monetary systems won't change their flaws. The difficulty is that so many look to externals to explain the failings of a society--"If only this or that was different"--but neglect the fact that the devil didn't make him do wrong, he chose to do wrong. Until one recognizes that the failings of an individual are due to the individual not to "not enough Jesus in society" or "money" or "being socially and culturally deprived" or any number of a myriad of excuses that people think up, those ills will never change. The issue is the individual and individual responsibility and drive.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Miccey
Old... Been know for ages....

Tell us how to get rid of it instead...

We build an advanced society and ban all forms of materialism & just make everything free for everyone. BAM done we evolve beyond the epic stupidity of materialism.

I think communism meaning no money is very good.

Excellent! Perhaps you could demonstrate how this would work ?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

We build an advanced society and ban all forms of materialism & just make everything free for everyone. BAM done we evolve beyond the epic stupidity of materialism.

With a lot, lot less people in the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

'Cause everything would be FREE man!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
85 people have more money than 3.5 billion.
www.theatlantic.com...

"Pandoras Box" doesn't need to exist. There is truly no reason for "evil" other than the need for survival & the fact that need has been threatened by TPTB since the beginning of time. Its all long term conditioning and greed driven by materialism.

web.photodex.com...
Plz watch this. I assert that not only is evil unnatural, our entire existence is.

10 year cost to end world hunger: $3 Billion
10 year cost TO US TAXPAYERS to support prison industrial complex: $4 Billion
edit on 6-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

'Cause everything would be FREE man!

Isn't it amazing that some people actually seem to believe that? I don't get it. Hopefully the OP will accept my invitation to 'splain it for me. That should be good.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

10 year cost to end world hunger: $3 Billion
10 year cost TO US TAXPAYERS to support prison industrial complex: $4 Billion

I see what you did there. I resent your plan to end world hunger by incarcerating the impoverished.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

We live in a materialistic world. This western world we live in views the physical as all that there is, so they live that way. So if a person believes there is no God, no after life, nothing beyond this physical existence, it stands to reason that they will be materialistic. I mean, if there is nothing else…what else really is there to live for? The materialist will measure his success in life by what he has, how big his house is, what kind of hardwood floors he has, what kind of vehicle he has, his designer clothes, fancy vacations, comforts and hedonistic pleasures. Materialism inevitably leads to greed…
Materialism is a lie that is perpetrated by Satan. With materialism he promises us that happiness can be found in things, not just things, but the newest, biggest, best and most costly things. Materialism tempts us to lust after these things, and it is so very seductive.

Whatever it is, we have fallen prey to the God of American culture….materialism. We sacrifice our families, our time, our future, our marriages on the alter of the latest and greatest “thing.” We covet what others have. We tell ourselves If only I can get that thing, then everything will be ok.

In order to keep up with our endless pursuit of pleasure through things we carelessly fall into endless debt, we want instant gratification.. “give it to me now and I will pay for it later” seems to be our motto. We are hedonists, living for the weekend, for our toys, and we live as if life can be measured in the stuff we’ve accumulated. No wonder our finances are a complete mess.

onechristiandad.wordpress.com...

Money is just an expression of materialism and greed, which could be considered by many to be the mentality of a satanic winning strategy.

Greed and selfish gains bind our evolution hand and foot.

What to do about this is simple embrace universal love and deny materialism. Create a society which embraces science and technology but denies material wealth and profit.

Just get together with like minded individuals who wish to work towards universal love and not universal materialism. Simple really doesnt take more than a few brain cells to figure it out.

To end world hunger just take the money put into a dozen nuclear weapons of mass destruction and world hunger is ended. Why have more than too many weapons to destroy the entire world 1000 times over its pure lunacy.

edit on 6-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Here is an interesting video of on materialism with lots of nice pictures to express points clearly for all.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Hey there, remember posting this?

I replied

***SNIP***

No money. Everything free. How's that work?

edit on 1/7/2015 by Blaine91555 because: rude remark snipped

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Hey there, remember posting this?

I replied

The guy in the video doesn't seem to know what you're talking about and neither do you.

No money. Everything free. How's that work?

I didnt say the guy in the video knew what I was talking about, nor did I respond to your post in any way, I am however responding to your claim that I somehow dont know what I am posting, and for you to say I dont is rude if you continue I just flag you to the mods for T&C violations dealing with decorum.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

Please debate the topic and knock off the rude remarks. The topic is never each other.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

To take the stance that we literally could not exist as a global society without money & subsequent disparity is example of a long term conditioned sheep.

Or someone not reading the actual thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's not money that's evil anymore than guns are evil. Money and guns are simply tools to be used and are no more than what we make of them. Society could not have grown and diversified and become complex without the idea of money.

It's greed that drives the lust for money. Greed can be an evil but is by no means the only one.

However, look at what we've done to Christmas. Every year we decry the crass materialistic consumerism of Christmas, but at the same time, we do our best to shut out the more spiritual and religious underpinnings for the holiday, the things that originally gave it its meaning and would take it away from the consumerist/materialist bent.

The secular world is the world of the material and you are going to have problems with being preoccupied with things like greed in a material reality where this is all there is and all there will be.

Perhaps we should become less grounded in the material and more open to the spiritual/religious?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yea how would we measure anything, any person ect control and motivate like we do now....without money.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yea how would we measure anything, any person ect control and motivate like we do now....without money.

Learning to base value & judgement on things other than materialism would definitely be the most difficult step, there's no one arguing that.

Long term conditioning won, we lost.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The real key is to learn how to be content with what you have, even happy with it. That doesn't mean you can't aspire to more or better, but that shouldn't ever consume you because it's just a possibility. And stop being preoccupied with what everyone else has that you don't. That way lies madness and permanent discontent.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The real key is to learn how to be content with what you have, even happy with it. That doesn't mean you can't aspire to more or better, but that shouldn't ever consume you because it's just a possibility. And stop being preoccupied with what everyone else has that you don't. That way lies madness and permanent discontent.

No, that's the key to happily living in a materialistic society.

The problem we have is unbridled, unwarranted wage disparity.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join