It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of the Species: The Greys - An Astrobiological Analysis of a Familiar ET Stereotype

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I truly appreciate the dedication, jadestar. You certainly put a lot of time and thought into this thread. I love it, in many ways. I won't criticize such serious effort, and it's full of ideas and reasoned speculation.

Bravo!

If you would like me to discuss the points on which I feel differently, I could.

Again, terrific post, if only you used your powers for good instead of evil!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
JadeStar --- Is it possible for a highly intelligent humanoid species to be able too perform complex engineering tasks with only three fingers on each of his two hands?

I ask you this question, due to the possibility that I have photographic evidence [that I'm not about to publish anytime soon] about the existence of such a creature that has visited our earth.

Wait... what?

Do you have photographic evidence of extraterrestrial beings? And will not post it because... why exactly?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7
Have you seen independence day movie the will smith one. Specifically that part when they get the alien open and they find a little tiny alien inside it controlling it. So ya! The definition of suit if you could do all that and were that advanced. Are very very broad. In fact I have heard the gray alien body itself is nothing but a suit.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
By George I think you may have solved the age old question ... bravo !

This is by far the best hypothesis ive ever read on the Greys. And ive been quite the guru for years on abduction's for reasons I wont get in to. But it is quite consistent with what abductees , researchers have said in regards to the physiological aspects of these beings in question.

It is said these EBE's are cetian in origin. It is also said they use lenses to cover those huge almond shaped eyes. I too have speculated they evolved from a ocean planet. Explains the dolphin like skin. They are spose to have 4 brain hemispheres as oppoeed to the two of humans. And they allegedly injest food through rubbing enzymes on the skin but of course this comes from ufo lore and rumour. And maybe this is why USO's are seen under water assuming they are more at home in our oceans and may have taken up residence deep In our seas and canyons undeteced.

The Hills were told by these beings they came from Zeta Reticuli but to my knowledge there are no such super earth like planets that have been detected in that region ( yet ) ? Well who knows perhaps they got snowed by these critters or they possibly are stationed there. The Andreason affair is suppose to have been a hoax from what I learned. But that just comes with the lot with hucksters.
I also read somewhere that greys come from the betelgeuse constellation near orion. Again I will never know but you pointed out some great suspects. You surely have a bright future OP thanks for your research. This topic needs more people like you at the helm.

- DF
edit on 6-1-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Awesome thread I will read it all when I'm not on an iPad and can do more but, you say at some point grays are smaller than humans Possibly due to they originating from higher gravity planets. How does this works?

Did earth had lower gravity before in the times of the dinosaurs that allowed creatures to grow bigger, or was it just a different atmospheric composition that made this possible?

www.sciencedaily.com...

I would think higher gravity demands more bone density to support the structure, not the other way around, so yeah they would be smaller perhaps, but not fragil.

Actually to my knowledge it was due to the higher levels of oxygen in our atmosphere it was significantly higher hence larger life forms that goes for insects and flora too.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

TIME

Time is a variable true, however give a sentient space faring race millions or billions of years head start and im sure they would figure out that problem within a few hundred years of inter galactic exploration. A technique or solution we could not even conceive with what limited knowledge we have. Yesterdays science fiction is tomorrow's science. We are still in our infancy in space travel.

See worm holes

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

From what I gather from the film the slowing down of time was attributed to being near the black hole. But again I could be wrong. I dont think time changes itself but your watch would not be of any use on another planet because a solar day would be longer or shorter depending on the planets rotation ( assuming it rotates at all )

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Word is the Roswell craft was brought down by radar signals. However anyone that has worked around machines know mechanical failure is a inevitable when moving parts are involved and lack of preventable maintenance happens. Or an element became unstable, an accident happened then the anti grav failed. Nobody is pefect even ET.

I have pondered the time traveler thing too ya know. If we were to learn a bottle neck in our evolution occured. And our future descendants sent back biological drones to recover our DNA to fix the problem. So then could that create a butterfly effect if too many if us became aware hence altering existence of these drones ( greys ) ?

Then the Alien idea was pushed and we are conditioned to think they are ET ?

It would make sense

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Ok, well, in terms of Amphibious absorption through skin, page 4 of this study and page 3 of this study shows earth amphibians capable of some sort of absorption of nutrients, water and minerals through their skin.

This further supports the Dulce story's of Greys bathing in vats of glandular secretions, and of their potential amphibious evolutionary history.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Great thread, here's a question for you on the eyes. I've had an abduction experience, whether it was real or a dream isn't really relevant, but during it they had me look at something on a screen. What was on the screen was light green against a white background, it was quite difficult to look at because the colors simply didn't contrast well. Would a species that evolved in the light conditions you propose see a contrast in that color scheme?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is a quick note to let you know I've not forgot about this thread. I've was busy all day at the conference and today will be the same as well as my birthday. By this weekend I should be able to clarify and answer any questions you might have.

I took a quick look at some of the discussion, some good thinking is going on so please keep it up and I'll be back with you soon.

:heart shaped emoticon:

:-)
edit on 7-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Great thread, here's a question for you on the eyes. I've had an abduction experience, whether it was real or a dream isn't really relevant, but during it they had me look at something on a screen. What was on the screen was light green against a white background, it was quite difficult to look at because the colors simply didn't contrast well. Would a species that evolved in the light conditions you propose see a contrast in that color scheme?

Absolutely.

Red dwarf stars emit most of their light in the infrared and deep red so their eyes would probably filter a lot of that out. To them, light green against white would likely be similar to the light grey on dark grey ATS theme is to us.

Of course this assumes the same type of atmospheric make up as our Earth ie Nitrogen/Oxygen with the same type of ralyeigh scattering.
edit on 7-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This post is absolutely amazing, and probably the most brilliant post I have ever seen!
WOW!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Congratulations on posting the most insightful, comprehensive and scientifically valid thread I've ever seen here on ATS. I'm myself used to a academic way of thinking and presenting evidence and this site (in spite of all the good intentions) sometimes seems to lack these elements. Your thread more than made up for that though. It is great to see highly educated people like yourself freely sharing knowledge mostly trapped in (paid for) scientific papers. Especially with an important subject such as this, there can't be enough scientific "coolheadedness" to bring fact to fantasy. Thanks again for giving me something to read and think about the next couple of days and I've got a strong feeling your thread is going to be a classic on this site. S&F!!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

No to my understanding time is relative to wherever you are. Such as our GPS satellites are set to a different time as they are in a weaker gravitational field then we are here on Earth. The clocks have to be set differently on those satellites so they correspond correctly on Earth.

For example I know if you lived on another planet in our Solar System you would age differently to all the people on Earth and vice versa.

In alien visitation we always discuss the time difference of travel, now what about the time difference of visiting? Will staying on Earth for any prolonged amount of time have an affect on these intelligent beings? Or even the same of us going to one of their planets?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Hmm I never really understood the concept of time since man invented the idea as part of our reality. In theory past present future are all occuring in tandem at the same time.

I know time in theory slows down or stops the aging process when traveling at light speed. We have not sent man to any planets yet so we only have so much to go on. But I hear ya

Interesting though is the high strangeness missing time that occurs with abductions by these entities. As if on a metaphysical level, paranormal as if they travel on the dreamscape kind of like Freddy Kruger ... like someone mentioned in the. 4th dimention. Or perhaps reality is not what we think it is entirely ? Think quantum physics . Remember scientific findings are always subject to change in error. In a universe of endless possibilities.
edit on 7-1-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

In relation to my last post: Three fingers...one of which would be partially opposed.

Are intelligent humanoids --- us --- destined to evolve?

Can you postulate or speculate on the theory that if a bipedal warm blooded dinosaur had a chance to evolve into something of a likeness of a Troodon dinosauroid --- would it be destined to evolve [given the proper environmental conditions] --- into a highly intelligent race?

Given the fact that dinosaurs evolved first on our planet before the mammals --- including the primates --- What do think are the chances that other typical earth type planets that support carbon based life, will have a certain percentage of [barring catastrophic extinction events] highly intelligent bipedal dinosauroid races?

edit on 7-1-2015 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Well this guy here,
Aleister Crowley, was supposedly in telepathic communication with this alien here who was named 'LAM'. I cant remember what year this was but it was back in the early 20th century. I dont know much about the man but he wrote plenty of books.

Quoting myself from another thread:

originally posted by: draknoir2

The Crowley claim is based on the speculation of one person - Kenneth Grant. The drawing to which you refer was entitled "Lam". Aleister Crowley never claimed that particular drawing to be a depiction of "Aiwass", that Lam and Aiwasss were one and the same, nor that either were extraterrestrial. These conclusions were drawn by Grant in his 1973 book "Aleister Crowley & the Hidden God".

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

It's called Time Dilation

Clocks on the Space Shuttle run slightly slower than reference clocks on Earth, while clocks on GPS and Galileo satellites run slightly faster. Such time dilation has been repeatedly demonstrated (see experimental confirmation below), for instance by small disparities in atomic clocks on Earth and in space, even though both clocks work perfectly (it is not a mechanical malfunction). The laws of nature are such that time itself (i.e. spacetime) will bend due to differences in either gravity or velocity – each of which affects time in different ways.

The only reason I mention this maybe it can eliminate potential visitors if those Intelligent Beings would experience too large of a time dilation when visiting Earth. It may also give us some insight if dramatic time dilation is unavoidable when visiting Earth, or us visiting the nearest Exo-Planet. I think it adds a new variable to the discussion (I'm just thinking outside the box).

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think that time dilation is a crock --- Since nothing beats father time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join