It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys Lions blown call explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A couple years ago Lions coach Jim Schwartz got publicly reamed because he threw a challenge flag on a play that was not challengable and it resulted in a crucial touchdown being negated. I thought it was weird because I had seen prior dumbass Lions coach Rod Marinelli do the same thing at least a couple times during his tenure, and the refs just told him to put the flag back in his pocket because the play would be automatically reviewed or whatever.

Anyways, the next week after the Schwartz Flag #storm I'm watching the Packers play whoever and that Green Bay coach threw a challenge flag, same situation. Refs tell him to put it in his pocket because the play is automatically reviewed. Touchdown, Green Bay.

# the NFL.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DanKeizer

what about this season the Bengals are playing the Tampa bay buccs. Tampa its less then 2:00 minute sin the 4th and Marvin Lewis throws a challenge flag on the field to challenge that Tampa had 12 men on the field, mind you Tampa just hit a big play down the field to put them in good field goal range. now I thought that if a coach threw a challenege flag when they couldn't it was a penalty?? They know all replays are handled by the booth. But yet they reviewed Tampa got a penalty and ended up losing the game..

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Jim Schwartz was the one the exposed how stupid that rule was and put an end to it.

After what happened in that game they didn't call it that way and just took a timeout from the team

new topics

<< 1   >>

join