It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

And as they say in the moving pictures:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: funbox

Now that is what I call a good eye. The movement you point out is not from a change in camera perspective, right?

This page doesn't yet feel like the anomalies page to me, probably because the OP is not really a formal page introduction. Can the OP maybe write up a page intro and ask an admin to insert it in the OP, maybe with a link to the 2014 anomalies page and an intro about what we are doing here (not the meaning of life, but what we are doing on this thread). Thanks.

you don't want to know what my bad eye see's
but no, its unlikely to be a perspective change , but it stil puzzles me as it seems to return to the same spot in the first and third of the images sequenced

your right Aleister , it feels all young and fresh in here, loads a bit quicker but it all still to shiny and new
, doesn't help that its been slow going with the rover and its delivery of pictures. anomalies too , it feels to me there's been a steady drop off of curio's, even the amusing pareidolia types, which is surprising really. I would have expected to keep seeing them, but it feels like in the last six months there's been a decline.

I suppose until we get more of an uptic , things will remain shiny, new and slow going.

funbox

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

you may have to widen your eyes and mind to see the other

ive adjusted the contrast setting to get a good look at the details within the rocks, interesting , but the slower moving extremophile illustrated, may move so slowly that its beyond perceptibility ..below

see the eye ? , observe the shadows around it

odd rippling mouth ,a mess of mould like protrusions underneath , and shiny, like its full of heavy elements

slow moving like mould

files.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox

edit on 22-1-2015 by funbox because: mouldy wolves begin to fester

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think the most interesting thing in that pile of rocks is this tiny little trilobite thing that looks like it has ribs and a backbone:

The science in this area might be awesome and perhaps they're getting all kinds of wonderful chemical results here. But I agree that as far as interesting shapes goes, this whole area is pretty dull. Maybe they're holding back all the cool pictures.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
you may have to widen your eyes and mind to see the other

Or you may point to it, as you are the one seeing it.

see the eye ? , observe the shadows around it

odd rippling mouth ,a mess of mould like protrusions underneath , and shiny, like its full of heavy elements

I don't understand a thing of what you're saying.

PS: I always use faster animations to see differences between images, the differences become more noticeable that way.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

whats there to show ? the speculations of the anatomy of an unknown complex extremophile?, even if I put arrows on the picture , you would still not see what I see , *I will do this, if pushed to,*gif juice vlow*

eg

see the barnacles and the pipe to the secret level ?

mahli sol 868

quite an influx , considering the picture drought

funbox

edit on 27-1-2015 by funbox because: linked wolf adage

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

if you were wondering what the pipe is all about

blue it' io's transport system

funbox

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

some small movement from sol 869

minus blowup

after perusing the picture there seems to be a few others too

funbox

A small creature perhaps?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I have no idea , exactly the same amount of idea I have of these two, oddly joining, materials

Mahli sol 880

noideabox

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
pictures taken over a period of a minuet or so

I wonder what caused the change in lighting?

interesting area also, subframe at the moment , higher res may reveal a little more

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

files.abovetopsecret.com... *fullsize*

funbox

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My guess would be a change in the color filter. Interesting how different colors will bring out different details.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

pictures taken over a period of a minuet or so

Some minuets last longer than others.

It looks more like different settings on the camera than different lighting, but I could be wrong, and I'm not in the mood to try some brightness/contrast changes to see if I can make all those images look the same.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
My guess would be a change in the color filter. Interesting how different colors will bring out different details.

That's the most likely explanation, I forgot that although those are colour cameras they also have several filters. Unfortunately, I don't see how to know which photos are from which filter, something that easy to know with previous rovers.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

maybe the web gurus who create the website, could add some simple footnotes to the photos, nothing too descriptive, wouldn't want the mystery, hung, drawn and quartered out of it

funbox

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
another case for a travelling something, it looks like its going mildly uphill to me

mast 901

funbox

edit on 19-2-2015 by funbox because: added linkige

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You're not photoshopping these are you? I mean, what could it be? A moving rock creature? It looks like it moves like a snail.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I use Photoshop , yes ,it could be a snail called 'rock-that's-incidentally-fallen-into-a-wide-crack'.. ill bet it's mates call him rock for short

funbox

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Has anyone ever commented on the pattern on this rock?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

are we in clam country again ?

chowder is back on

or am I seeing limpet on clam here ?

there seems to be an undulating pattern where you highlighted

funbox

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

hi there! Yeah way...back there :-)! I am seeing another pattern in the very center like a diamond shape and radiating lines out from it...maybe it is not real but I see it still without any enlarging.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join