It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review...."Gone Girl"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was gonna pass this one up but my GF convinced me to see it; she had seen it earlier. I'm not a big fan of Ben Affleck but he was great in this film; underplayed and believable and Rosamund Pike deserves an Oscar. The dark feeling of this movie was fantastic and kept your interest till the very end. And what an ending!!!
Not really sure how to describe "Gone Girl".... psychological thriller works but it was much more than that. Fantastic cast by all the principals, great score by Trent Resnor and Atticus Ross. I only spotted a couple of continuity glitches but this was a great movie. Didn't really need the big screen but see this one any way you can. Not for the kiddies though! Hard R....

edit on 4-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hey Olaru. Yeah me too. My wife wanted to see it a couple of weeks ago. I went for popcorn. The movie was superb. Aflack as fine but you are right about Pike. If not the Oscar, at least a nomination. I loved the way the movie kept the plot options open all the way through the movie.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I know I'm in the minority here but I was disappointed. Affleck was adequate for the first two acts of the film but not up to what was called for in the third act. I also found everything beyond the end of the second act to defy credulity. I didn't buy his motivation to stay with her. As they say, the third act "jumped the shark".

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The first hour of this film had me on my edge, I thought it was very well executed, then it just started to drop south, I think they ruined it to be honest, nevertheless it was better than most films of 2014.

top topics

join