It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man holds up hands and lies down — and cops still kick him in the face and Taser him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You don't see much of this on the news, and I think it is mainly because it is two white cops and a white suspect, so this really shows how the news agency is driving the whole Black/White issue. The lesson here is cops are the way they are no matter the skin color. They have these days a quick hyper reaction that leads to using their gun in seconds while not even knowing the situation and some kind of South Park "You Will Respect My Authoritah! attitude" that leads to abuse as soon as someone doesn't follow their every command to the letter, instantly..

In this case the young man tried to run from the cops, stopped his car and made one cop run for a 100 yards that must have really pissed him off. The young man decided to lay on the ground with his hands out and another cop comes up and sits on him getting his hands pulled back to get cuffed, so far so good. The other cop chasing him runs up and does a running kick to his face, tasers him and then puts one knee and all his weight on the guys head. The first cop had it all under control, the guy was not fighting and was doing everything the first cop wanted him to do.

edit on 4-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wow!!

Just glad the bird decided to zoom in and catch that all with a clear view.
That second cop needs to go, but of course that won't happen.
Cause of course the officer needs to act as he deems fit, none of us would no since we have never been in that situation.
The guy was probably half a second away from killing them both.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He didn't tazer him or the second cop would have gotten shocked too.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Another loser cop with a superiority complex and anger issues. Thank god I live in Canada where 99% of the cops are actually decent people doing a good job.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Thought it didn't work like that?
I mean we can all go online and find videos of cops getting held up while they get hit.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nothing new. I saw exactly the same thing 40 years ago. Police chasing some one that gave them extra trouble to catch. Has anyone on here ever been hit, with a rolled up newspaper round a fist, in the ribs of course? No visible sign of injury. Nothing new, move along.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The officer very quickly left the drug task force:
www.kansascity.com...

The task force’s leader declined to discuss the incident with The Star. The detective who kicked Whittle has left the task force.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
Another loser cop with a superiority complex and anger issues. Thank god I live in Canada where 99% of the cops are actually decent people doing a good job.

I wonder what percentage of the cops here in the U.S. are decent and doing a good job?

Anybody have any stats on arrest incidents vs. complaints?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
there is no mention of him being tazered in the video, or any of the news I have found so far. He kicked the guy sure enough, and he had his tazer drawn, but that doesn't mean he actually used the tazer.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Shattered his Nose when he kicked the defenceless man in the face...

How brave...

How valiant...

How heroic...

Dirty Pig!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

“While running I swiftly arrived next to the suspect and gave him a dry stun, and an application of a five second burst from the Taser in the center of his back to gain compliance and control. … At this time the suspect, Timothy Whittle, stop (sic) resisting.” Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

From your source.

Guess he was resisting, a good swift kick to the head will fix that.

Good thing he left the task force, that means he will never do this again...
Wonder what would happen to me if I ran up and kick a dude in the face that my buddy had held down.
Doubt the judge would care that he had attacked me earlier.
edit on thSun, 04 Jan 2015 13:50:18 -0600America/Chicago120151880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Quick! Call Al Sharpton!

He will be coming to help..... right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
He didn't tazer him or the second cop would have gotten shocked too.

I guess the Taser was from the first cop to get to him as he already lied flat on the ground with his arms out. The kick you can see as the second cop reaches him.

News

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

They issued a search warrant to look for a meth lab, OK the guy was mostly bad, so I think we can all understand that, but at what point did he resist once he was on the ground surrendering?

That is the part that gets applied to the guilty, the innocent, and the bystander.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I know if they have to chase you down, you are going to get your ass whooped. This was the case since well, FOREVER!!! Don't run, it's not worth it. Take your punishment like a man. Depends on how you want to pay your punishment. You can do it with or without teeth.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

I know if they have to chase you down, you are going to get your ass whooped. This was the case since well, FOREVER!!! Don't run, it's not worth it. Take your punishment like a man. Depends on how you want to pay your punishment. You can do it with or without teeth.

Then why didn't the Cop who had already restrained him deliver Justice with his Boot?

That's not the Law & you know it...

Way to defend the Pig!
edit on 4-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It is funny how society has drifted into two extreme polar opposites with police reverting to old school tactics and a new hyper reactionary attitude that leads to extreme measures either way, and the normal citizen that can get sued these days for a wrong placed fart with the political correctness applied to everything.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Flee and see reality at work. I'm not condoning it, I know it's never happened to me. Want to know why? Because I don't do stupid # like running and evading.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Flee and see reality at work. I'm not condoning it, I know it's never happened to me. Want to know why? Because I don't do stupid # like running and evading.

What you suggest is typically where the cop chases and needs to tackle the suspect to gain control. In this case the guy was well placed in a flat on the ground submission waiting for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join