It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapist To Be Allowed To End His Life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Easier solution,put him in with the really really bad men. He won't live long there,and THEY will take care of his euthanasia. And he won't get an easy death either. They really don't care how much he suffers before he goes. Neither do I.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I do not see what does not make sense? In Belgiom if you have an illness and show that you are consistent in your desire for euthenaisa then you are allowed to do so.

Why would it not be ethical to consider giving the same rights to those with a mental illness if they meet the same criteria?

a reply to: smurfy

What's the same 'same criteria' expected to mean exactly?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

LOL says the guy who has a strong opinion on someone who he feels shouldn't haven an opinion. These are just thoughts online, from a person who's thinking # up loud online which is theirs opinions and theirs opinions only. You shouldn't be the one to judge what opinions is allowed in here and which one isn't.

As for this case...I say, # this guy. F HIM! He's in jail as a punishment. If it were up to me he should do the whole time he got sentenced. Besides child molesters RAPISTS are the worst to me. IF he wants to die so badly, I'm sure he gets a fork or a knife to eat with every day. JUST DO IT LOSER!!! But for some reason this guy is still here.

Now... If people do decide to get leaniant I say what some others in here have said......
Let the victims/their families decide his punishment and the way he goes out. Seems fair to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am unsure which part of my comment that you do not understand?

Euthenasia is legal in Belgium if you have a physical illness and you are entitled to assisted suicide.

What I am saying is that it should be considered for people with long term mental ilness as well as the suffering can be just as bad as those with an illness or disease.

a reply to: smurfy

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

no, he shouldn't be allowed to die, thats an easy way out for him, he should be made to suffer every day in prison and be tortured in the worst possible way.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I say grant him his wish. However, it should be the most painful and torturous death possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I love how people think they are so much better than a criminal by wishing death or torture on another human being.

I

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It does make you wonder how you could think that commiting a horrific act on someone is a justifiable punishment to someone who has committed a horrific act?

I often wonder who they expect will commit this torture and murder Monday to Friday 9 to 5.

a reply to: Onslaught2996

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It does make you wonder how you could think that commiting a horrific act on someone is a justifiable punishment to someone who has committed a horrific act?

I often wonder who they expect will commit this torture and murder Monday to Friday 9 to 5.

a reply to: Onslaught2996

I'd do it...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And this makes you better?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Yes, I'm better than a rapist.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Your proclivity, or at the very least inclination, to cause physical pain on another person says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
He is right you know, a legally appointed tourturer and exicutioner is better than a rapist.

a reply to: DrJunk

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

Your proclivity, or at the very least inclination, to cause physical pain on another person says otherwise.

I don't consider a rapist just "another person". Look, I wouldn't lose one bit of sleep over some rapist / chomo dying a painful death. It just is what it is. In my mind, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed criminally. Once scumbag crosses that line, I just no longer have any sympathy for them. All I know is if a rapist scumbag caused harm to my wife or kids, they better hope they get arrested before I get to them because I'm going to get Medieval on that ass to quote Marcellus Wallace. I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I don't consider a rapist just "another person". Look, I wouldn't lose one bit of sleep over some rapist / chomo dying a painful death. It just is what it is. In my mind, there is a line that shouldn't be crossed criminally. Once scumbag crosses that line, I just no longer have any sympathy for them. All I know is if a rapist scumbag caused harm to my wife or kids, they better hope they get arrested before I get to them because I'm going to get Medieval on that ass to quote Marcellus Wallace. I'll just leave it at that.

I don't consider someone that could torture and kill someone else just "another person".

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

He is right you know, a legally appointed tourturer and exicutioner is better than a rapist.

Yeah, because the law is infallible, right?

The Nazis were working within German law.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It all comes down to personal justification in situations like this.

If something can be justified it becomes acceptable.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Got confused as to who I was replying to there I'll try again when I figure it out.

edit on 12015159pAmerica/Chicago2015-01-03T23:00:59-06:0000f00 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
After reding this article, I don't know how I feel about this being allowed to happen.

Why should a convicted rapist be allowed to end his life because of the claimed psychological damage being inflicted? Isn't that part of the punishment? To endure everlasting pain after declaring remorse for the way in which you treated women?

Where will this stop? Will it creep into the U.K and all of a sudden the Home Office started to receive requests from the likes of Brady or Sutcliffe?

Would you be comfortable with this? I don't know if I am, but maybe it's due to more perverse reasons on my part, such as continuing psychological damage. You raped or killed someone, you deserve to be punished.

Link - news.sky.com...

This is the problem with society. People like yourself have the right to comment on things for NO reason.

Do you know why gay marriage should be allowed everywhere? Its because it has nothing to do with anyone else beside the two gay people. NOT you, not me.

The same for anything that has NO impact on your life like letting a dirty rapist end his life. Let him...it has NOTHING to do with you or me so keep your nose out of it.

Why does everyone think they can have some opinion on things that are none of their business. The person raped and her family might be the only ones who should be allowed an opinion.

But NOT you.

Going by your reasoning, his opinion on any given subject is none of your business!!!

So this entire post is contradictory & hypocritical.

You're the problem in society!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

I don't consider someone that could torture and kill someone else just "another person".

Apparently, I'm not the only one who doesn't give rat azz about rapist feelings...

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join