It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapist To Be Allowed To End His Life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Simple fact of the matter is this;

Longer prison sentence = greater expense to the community.

Release from prison after a prison sentence means that the offender will find it difficult to find a job and establish a stable healthy life. He's paid for his crime in prison, yet is still penalized in the outside world.
What this generally leads to is a repeat offense.

Can the victims really live with themselves knowing they denied the offender to end his life to only turn around and rape another female?
How would that effect the previous victim and how would that effect the new victim knowing that the prior victim is in part responsible for her being raped?

The answer is simple... Stop looking for revenge (revenge is illegal) and just let the offender end his life.
You can get peace of mind knowing that this offender has served his time and will no longer be a threat or burden on the community.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Another take on this is that as a serial offender with a long term wish to end his own life should he not be in a secure mental institution?

Does the evidence not show that he is very unstable?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Prison is about punishment people, not revenge. There is no greater punishment than loss of life. You only get one of those (as far as we know).

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Both my Nan's suffered with dementia and had to suffer it, my mother-in-law has to suffer the pain of crumbling bones. The pain is indescribable yet, these depraved individuals are allowed such mercy?

Same here.

It's always on the news about the fight for euthanasia in the UK. Heartbreaking cases and then some Whitehall mouthpiece saying no. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd allow input from GPs and practitioners who know the families instead of worrying about the objective legalities.

It should be simple compassion to allow it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

When I said revenge, it was not in context of the prison sentence, it was in terms of denying this offenders request.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Isn't that part of the punishment? To endure everlasting pain after declaring remorse for the way in which you treated women? 

Sounds a lot like torture when you say it.

Yes it does, that's why I'm torn.

I hate the thought of torture, yet I am willing to allow him to suffer. I still think the victim's family should have the final say.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka Sorry for the miss-understanding, but I wasn't referring to your post. I was just stating my opinion on the discussion. It is right and good to punish someone for a crime if the victim requests it.

The only entity that is entitled to revenge is our maker- whoever you happen to think that is.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I don't think this should be analysed from a monetary perspective.

My beliefs are -
On a soul/karma level this man will be punished by his own guilt and remorse after he dies. That is the worst suffering. He can choose to repay his karma to the girl he raped in this life or the next. Either way he will suffer so i don't see the need for more humans to inflict suffering on him. Let him go. Worse awaits him in the form of his own guilt. Perhaps the girl involved might feel relief at his death, but perhaps she might feel some form of guilt, we can't ever know. We can only hope both souls are healed.

My opinion on a societal level -
Not 100% on the details of the law in his country (supposedly democratically decided by the society that lives there) but my only argument would be that usually people fight for euthanasia due to physical, incurable, degenerative conditions. If this man is pleading on the grounds of mental health conditions then some of these are curable so perhaps his plight is not as life-debilitating and enduring whilst getting worse.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think we do create our own destiny when we leave this place by how we act here. A new life might be what this soul needs to be able to fix what this soul has broken so I have no real problem with a soul starting over.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
That is a big question indeed but I would say that if we are leaning towards legal euthenasia for pysical illness it could be argued that those with mental illness should be alt least offered the same option.

I am not saying that is my opinion, just that it should be considered.

That's terrible, and IMHO makes no sense, we may as well throw out the Hippocratic Oath altogether, because in effect that's what we do when we start to get deferential about who lives or dies in a shroud of legality as if that makes it all, alright.
The bean counters here can feck off, that idea means nothing because there are so many institutions already in place anyway and not going to go away anytime soon, nor do all of those incarcerated get one to one treatment, far from it, ands the question could be, do they need it ??

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I don't know what to think really...

I'm all for Belgium's & Netherland's Euthanasia Laws...

But I don't really think this type of person should benefit from that.

Unless his victims could choose how he is to be euthanised it's a bit of a cop out.

They should make him finish his sentence at least... Then on his release date take him straight into the Euthanasia booth.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do not see what does not make sense? In Belgiom if you have an illness and show that you are consistent in your desire for euthenaisa then you are allowed to do so.

Why would it not be ethical to consider giving the same rights to those with a mental illness if they meet the same criteria?

a reply to: smurfy

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

The sadistic streak and delight in suffering held by so many 'decent' people was interesting.

Do you think this sadistic streak that resides within these people applies to Humanity as a whole...
Or rapists in general?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Hard reset should be an option for everyone. It should be mandatory for rapists, pedo's, politicians, and murderers.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks Charlie, that certainly makes a lot more sense than allowing him to bail out now.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Giving the victims choice of despach changes it from euthenasia to execution does it not, there is a big difference there.

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
He killed his last victim, she was 19 years old. An eye for an eye- and since he is requesting it himself i say why not.
The world would be a much better place if more murderers just kindly asked the public to execute them.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

True judgment comes from God. Our punishment is nothing. I think he and people like him should be given more time in jail to be able to repent. To allow him to kill himself is reckless.
edit on 063131p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
After reding this article, I don't know how I feel about this being allowed to happen.

Why should a convicted rapist be allowed to end his life because of the claimed psychological damage being inflicted? Isn't that part of the punishment? To endure everlasting pain after declaring remorse for the way in which you treated women?

Where will this stop? Will it creep into the U.K and all of a sudden the Home Office started to receive requests from the likes of Brady or Sutcliffe?

Would you be comfortable with this? I don't know if I am, but maybe it's due to more perverse reasons on my part, such as continuing psychological damage. You raped or killed someone, you deserve to be punished.

Link - news.sky.com...

This is the problem with society. People like yourself have the right to comment on things for NO reason.

Do you know why gay marriage should be allowed everywhere? Its because it has nothing to do with anyone else beside the two gay people. NOT you, not me.

The same for anything that has NO impact on your life like letting a dirty rapist end his life. Let him...it has NOTHING to do with you or me so keep your nose out of it.

Why does everyone think they can have some opinion on things that are none of their business. The person raped and her family might be the only ones who should be allowed an opinion.

But NOT you.
edit on 3-1-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I see where you're coming from, I think if he signs off on his own demise like he is willing to now...
It's not really execution...

It'd probably fall under assisted suicide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join