It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Jeb Bush becoming the GOP 'annointed one', what stand will he take on state marijuana laws?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why can't Jeb Bush be the rebellious one in his family, and NOT run for president?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

How come you cant prevent him becoming one? It all looks so inevitably sad...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here's the flip side. Sorry, I got carried away on CorelDraw.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I guess it doesn't matter if you can get high. No money for munchies is going to blow chunks!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Because the elections are fixed! We have no power. Prescott funds the enemy, gets caught and his whole family became rulers of the most powerful nation on the planet. Is this a movie? I mean we don't know for a fact where this president came from. I'm pretty sure this nation is swirling around the toilet bowl.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh yeah, because marijuana is the biggest problem facing our nation. Why do pot heads try to sell their agenda 24/7? That was two strikes from the beginning. Bush and Bud.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Many government jobs would be lost just by legalizing this one drug, along with prisons. The other point, how will businesses evaluate their drug testing policies?

Which government jobs would be lost? They still have illegal growers and dealers to go after, regulating the legal growers and dispensaries, etc. Not to mention all the other drugs that are still illegal.

To your other point about businesses, it's brought up all the time and I don't understand why some think it's an issue. Businesses will still be able to decide their own drug policy and if they don't want to hire someone who uses cannabis, they don't have to. Alcohol is legal but if you show up to work drunk, you'll probably be fired. Just because marijuana is legalized, it doesn't mean everything changes.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Why do pot heads try to sell their agenda 24/7?

Because the anti-pot crowd are doing the same thing. That's what advocacy is about.

Also because there are still plenty of ignorant people out there who think "pot heads" are the only ones supporting legalized marijuana.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Go smoke your #.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Thank you for your extensive post which adds some very good data to the OP questions. I recommend that people coming to this thread read that post for a better understanding of Jeb Bush's positions on this issue.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Answer

Go smoke your #.

I actually don't partake, but thanks for proving my point.

To me, it's about common sense, individual liberties, the medical benefits, the reduction in crime that would come from legalization, the jails full of people who are guilty of nothing but smoking a natural plant, and combating pointless laws in general.

If you were offended by being labeled "ignorant", maybe you should look up the definition of the word. No one should get their panties in a wad over being called ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join