It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing Heaven with Child Molesters?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So being that repentance and believing in Jesus are the only real requirement to get you passed sait peter at the pearly gates and almost all violent criminals convert in prison, doesn't that mean (in heaven) were going to end up with a couple ChoMo's (child molestors) next door?

Since mother Teresa lost faith before her death. That does mean her and Ghandi will be tortured for all eternity while millions of violent murderers reap the rewards of everlasting life?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Well, I'm pretty certain most of those catholic priests believe they're going into heaven. XD But who knows.....

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Trollin' trollin trollin' though the streams are swollen,
Keep those doggies roaming. Rawhide!

Whipping up offended catholics, Christians and Hindus in one tiny, tiny OP. Mad skillz bro

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Entreri06
Since mother Teresa lost faith before her death. That does mean her and Ghandi will be tortured for all eternity while millions of violent murderers reap the rewards of everlasting life?

No she didn't. She went through the Dark Night of the Soul which includes doubts. She was not an atheist before her death at all. I know there are people who like to pump that out for some reason, but it's not true. People need to educate themselves on Catholic spirituality and what the saints went through. It's pretty standard stuff.

Read this on Mother Teresa and the Dark Night of the Soul

As for 'ending up in heaven with sinners' ... we are all sinners ... and we will all be surprised at who 'makes it' and who doesn't. That's for God to decide and for God to judge the heart and soul. Not us.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Entrerilii06

If anyone could use the healing effects of a "heaven" it's them.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Don't worry . When we die there are no child molesters or serial killers, no sinners or saints, no Heaven or Hell. We all become a passive soul existing in eternity . Whether you are Pope or street beggar makes no difference. We are all the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
well, though i subscribe to no religion, i'd imagine that by definition a 'heaven' wouldn't let such types in. they would be redirected to the other place surely?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I was once told that Ghandi would be in Hell waiting for me due to myself not being a christian.
I argued heaven should be a place earnt on merit alone and was told no all I had to do was accept Jesus....
Balls to that Heaven and hell are made up anyhow.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I attended a church for awhile while in Malaysia, at first just to be nice to my landlady but then because I found I did enjoy it, nice people, good food, was good for a laugh watching a few of them dance in the aisles etc.

One day I made the mistake of taking the pastor to lunch so I could ask some questions, all was going well till I asked him about heaven and heaven and hell.
I asked if my GF at the time who was Buddhist could expect eternal damnation due to the lottery of birth and her parents bringing her up in that faith. She was a lovely person, never lied or stole, never cheated or hurt anyone and wasnt even a believing Buddhist. The answer was an unremorseful yes.

I have never even considered going near a church since
edit on 1/1/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

try adressing the point of the OP

the bible is quite specific and adresses the " faith or works " issue several times

and every single biblical passage is clear :

faith is the only test , works dont count at all

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Exactly what I was going to say. Only you said it better than I would have. Not that that'll keep me from doing so...

Every person of faith has that "dark night"... Mine was when I watched my mother die of cancer. For a short while, I hated God. Hated.

I"m not a religious person generally, or rather I've no use for dogmatic religion. I believe, but choose not to abide by rules set forth by men.

Gradually, over the span several years, my grief/anger faded as it always does, so, too did my anger at God... There's a reason for everything, that's what faith is.

To everything there is a purpose...

As for sharing heaven with people who've been less than saintly? I don't know. Doesn't true repentance deserve reward? Trust me, the judge will know whether it's true repentance, or not... ...and reward it in a suitable fashion.

I suppose our question is, does repentance forgive one's past actions? Most of me says no. But part of me says yes. I trust that God will know the truth of the matter

Trust that there is a reason for everything. We don't always understand it, and maybe this side of Heaven, we won't...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Believe me, when i tell you, MOST won't make it back to heaven. If i had to go out on a limb, and guess, how many wouldn't? I'd say about 90%.

Let me add: God isn't sending people to Hell. Their wasteful lifestyles earned them that ticket. Why should you spend eternity in paradise, when you spent your life creating Hell??? Did you love your neighbor? Did you give to the person in need? Did you do anything, for anyone, besides yourself???

Calling Jesus' name, AIN'T GONNA CUT IT! Jesus, himself, spoke those words.
Luke 13:27

The Narrow Door

22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
Now, those scriptures only applies to them that BE-LIEVE!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: McChillin

Believe me, when i tell you, MOST won't make it back to heaven. If i had to go out on a limb, and guess, how many wouldn't? I'd say about 90%.

According to whom?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Apparently, Heaven ISN'T a perfect place after all.

Matthew 11:12
From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force.

Matthew 18:18
Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.

Yep. Looks like there will, indeed, be child molesters in heaven.

edit on 1-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This is correct...

She should have converted to Islam...you don't need to believe, you just have to sign on the dotted line and give up Bacon.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've never sinned, but I won't be in heaven.

Worry more about the child molesters living next door in the here and now, and less about the ones you think you will meet after you die.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Every person of faith has that "dark night"... Mine was when I watched my mother die of cancer. For a short while, I hated God. Hated.

I'm still working on my anger at God. Every time I think I'm past it, something pokes it back up. It's been like this since I got really sick in 2010. It's taking a lot of work on my part, but that doesn't make me an atheist. And Mother Teresa wasn't an Atheist. She was working through the Dark Night issues.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes child molesters are in heaven. Dante had read the chapters on The Secrets of Enoch and in there Enoch tries his best to explain about the 'layers' of heaven. He took from that,as of above,so it is below,and thought that there must be layers to hell as well.

reluctant-messenger.com...

Chapter 10

Here they showed Enoch the terrible place and various tortures

1And those two men led me up on to the Northern side, and showed me there a very terrible place, and there were all manner of tortures in that place: cruel darkness and unillumined gloom, and there is no light there, but murky fire constantly flaming aloft, and there is a fiery river coming forth, and that whole place is everywhere fire, and everywhere there is frost and ice, thirst and shivering, while the bonds are very cruel, and the angels fearful and merciless, bearing angry weapons, merciless torture, and I said:

2Woe, woe, how very terrible is this place.

3And those men said to me: This place, O Enoch, is prepared for those who dishonour God, who on earth practice sin against nature, which is child-corruption after the sodomitic fashion, magic-making, enchantments and devilish witchcrafts, and who boast of their wicked deeds, stealing, lies, calumnies, envy, rancour, fornication, murder, and who, accursed, steal the souls of men, who, seeing the poor take away their goods and themselves wax rich, injuring them for other men’s goods; who being able to satisfy the empty, made the hungering to die; being able to clothe, stripped the naked; and who knew not their creator, and bowed to the soulless and lifeless gods, who cannot see nor hear, vain gods, who also built hewn images and bow down to unclean handiwork, for all these is prepared this place among these, for eternal inheritance.

Either way, I don't think I would want to be in 'that' part of heaven. Think theres going to be a real crowded area up there.
edit on 1-1-2015 by Dimithae because: Added a line

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks that child molesters are ready to ascend has no clue of how this works. There is no way the souls of anyone that has not opened their hearts to others will make it to the other side. God does not discriminate based on religion, color, race, gender or age. God is above the petty conflicts of humanity, but offers us glimpses of the path to ascension to help guide us to enlightenment. We have free will to sort things out in the here and now for ourselves. Going through life with the blinders of religion does not get you past any gates. It is not enough to believe in God. You must know God to become one with God.
Open eyes, open minds, open hearts, open lives. This is part of the path to God. Live each day for someone other than yourselves, because in the grand scheme of things, you are but a mote in God's eye.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I know I implied that I was past the anger myself... It actually comes and goes...mostly when I see/or hear something that I just know my Mom would appreciate, and I can't share it with her. Or when friends, and family, no longer here are remembered...that's when I can't help but wonder why?

I guess it all comes down to faith that there will be an answer some day. Until then? I have to believe that there is a reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join