It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapidly Warming Oceans Set to Release Heat Into the Atmosphere

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I fully support man should be a good steward of his home, no doubt.

Regarding your remarks about solar radiation and cosmic radiation: Our magnetosphere (coincidently) has reduced in strength by 15% since the beginning of industrialization. There are 2 or 3 studies that indicate that the reduction in strength of the magnetosphere has a greater impact on climate than the greenhouse effect.

I can link at least one study that supports that (not a website, but a research paper). I have linked it in the past but either no one bothered to read it or they just didnt believe it. The link was followed by total silence on the subject lol.

Based on everything I know (being a geologist by training....semi-retired now and managing a small apt complex) I just do not believe in all the AGW hype regarding co2 etc. Too facile, too political and too much fudging and intentional misrepresentation of facts to suit me.

On the other end of the spectrum, much of the denying going on is not followed with solid science either, so I toss my pieces in hoping that someone may have an open enough mind to actually understand and accept what I am saying. When I express an opinion, I clearly state so. When I present facts...I can back up everything with research papers and not links to obviously biased and agenda driven websites.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Exactly. There are a myriad of factors influencing our planet's systems - and the life-giving balance of those systems. It is rather ridiculous to point to one or another factor and say, "That one single factor is the cause of all our problems." Similarly, most of those influencing factors are beyond our control, but it is just as ridiculous to roll over saying, "The end is nigh. There is no point trying to do anything." One thing we can address is the impact of industrial activities - the effects may be small in the larger scheme of things, but they will be real.

PS. I've been watching the news for info on the magnetosphere - and sort of hope the poles will reverse in my lifetime. I'm curious about the process. For what it's worth. And not that I think the news isn't 'sanitized' or that we're ever fully informed.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join