It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapidly Warming Oceans Set to Release Heat Into the Atmosphere

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I know. I believe that everything is warming up and mankind is causing the tipping point to occur through many different practices. We are lowering the ability of the earth to correct itself and dumping chemistry into the atmosphere to make this happen. I also believe that no matter what is causing this, we have the ability to help correct it. I do not believe a tax is the best way though, it is only necessary to rebuild things from our continued negligence.

We need to fix it right, not patch the problem. This world is built on deception, Economy is in oposition of Ecology. Many things toted as Eco-friendly are only Economy friendly. We need to address accelerated planned obsolescence.

The coal power plants are not the problem, we need to examine unnecessary practices. We need to evaluate the whole direction we are going in and simplify everyone's life. Half of Americans are in debt from overbuying things they really do not need. Replacing things that were designed to fail is fueling this increase in debt. How many things have you bought in the last ten years that did not last as you expected, your expectations based on past experiences buying similar items.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Greven

It's a pretty basic science experiment to add CO2 to an atmosphere, say, in a bottle.

There's just one wee little problem with your "basic science experiment":

The earth isn't in a closed bottle.

Hence the radiative forcing calculation will not compute the same way as it does in a closed, controlled "bottle" experiment... Hence the reason why the planet doesn't seem to be following this over-simplified equation (3.7 W/m^2) touted by climatologists.

biosphere in that it is a closed system just like the Earth is

www.geoec.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Another big speak about something they don't know might happen.

It doesn't matter if it "belches" or not. The ocean temperatures rising is already catastrophic. Do some research...look into algae blooms and a lack of oxygen for fish. Look into methane hydrates and why they are thawing and releasing gas into the atmosphere. There's a whole lot at play here and it's so obvious, yet so many of you want to talk about carbon taxes and who's to blame rather than taking a look at the big picture...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The warming of the water will cause weather like we have never known among other devastating effects.
www.epa.gov...

Why does it matter?
Warmer oceans affect weather patterns, cause more powerful tropical storms, and can impact many kinds of sea life, such as corals and fish. Warmer oceans are also one of the main causes of rising sea level.

People keep forgetting the part methane plays.

Climate change impacts on methane hydrates
worldoceanreview.com...

A degree by degree explanation of what will happen when the earth warms
globalwarming.berrens.nl...

What happens when warming water releases pent-up gas from the sea bed:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

I was thinking recently - and reminded by your sig - that maybe global warming is the prophesied fire.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis...it's a gas, gas, gas

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
If the ocean warms just a few degrees,that means doom for humans and any most other creatures-seeds and some insects will survive but we will not.
Too much methane will be released,and our atmosphere will become unbreatheable.

Precursor warnings are happening in the arctic circle.

This has happened before,as I have discussed in other threads.

Thing is,us human bugs run about thinking we are the top dogs-
"We have reason,science and technology and we are the boss of Earth", we say:
but if mother nature decides to go all Permian Triassic methane release on us,we will fall into the abyss.

Is that what the so called secret government network of underground bunkers is for?
The ancients did the same,in Cappadoccia millenia ago.
Are TPTB attempting to do the same as the ancients,to make a secret underworld for selective people to survive the next ELE?

Apologies for ranting

edit on 1/1/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: Char-Lee
If the ocean warms just a few degrees,that means doom for humans and any most other creatures-seeds and some insects will survive but we will not.
Too much methane will be released,and our atmosphere will become unbreatheable.

Precursor warnings are happening in the arctic circle.

This has happened before,as I have discussed in other threads.

Thing is,us human bugs run about thinking we are the top dogs-
"We have reason,science and technology and we are the boss of Earth", we say:
but if mother nature decides to go all Permian Triassic methane release on us,we will fall into the abyss.

Is that what the so called secret government network of underground bunkers is for?
The ancients did the same,in Cappadoccia millenia ago.
Are TPTB attempting to do the same as the ancients,to make a secret underworld for selective people to survive the next ELE?
Apologies for ranting

No need to apologize. Thanks for the contribution. I'm wondering what can be done to either fix the problem, or where to escape to if necessary. Maybe this same thing happened on Mars long ago.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, by all means, let's get on with it, then.

This is gonna happen about the time the Arctic is ice-free, North America and England never see snow again, and New York and L.A. are under water, yes? That was supposed to already have happened too.

Quit teasing and bring it. Tired of hearing about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: loki41872
Well, by all means, let's get on with it, then.

This is gonna happen about the time the Arctic is ice-free, North America and England never see snow again, and New York and L.A. are under water, yes? That was supposed to already have happened too.

Quit teasing and bring it. Tired of hearing about it.

These type of things don't happen on human timescales, I reckon. I do believe that man is accelerating this geological event but I don't want to speculate om how soon things will turn rotten.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Colbomoose

i see the ipcc is still getting data from east anglia university and nasa, haha fool me once...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
We still don't really have any snow in Alaska. Lately the temperature seems to fluctuate from somewhere around 20 degrees to 40 and above every other day. It's pretty weird and I'm just bummed because I want to go snowboarding. Unlike any winter I have ever expierienced anyway.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
We still don't really have any snow in Alaska. Lately the temperature seems to fluctuate from somewhere around 20 degrees to 40 and above every other day. It's pretty weird and I'm just bummed because I want to go snowboarding. Unlike any winter I have ever expierienced anyway.

I just got word from my sister in Phoenix, AZ that it snowed there......! In Phoenix! I was born there and it never snows. Well, maybe once but the snow melted before it even reached the ground. Weird weather!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: GoShredAK

I just got word from my sister in Phoenix, AZ that it snowed there......! In Phoenix! I was born there and it never snows. Well, maybe once but the snow melted before it even reached the ground. Weird weather!

Weird weather indeed, my in laws live in Ventura county, California, and apparently they are cold, in the 40s right now, nearly freezing, and it may reach the twenties! We were just there for vacation and it was sunny and in the 70s. Apparently is snowed in Nevada too?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I live in Southern California & it's been rather cold & windy. I tell everyone we should stop complaining though, the rest of the world is blizzarding.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The thing that bug me the most with the warmist and their fear propaganda is why, while alway advertizing very precise number of degree increase per years, is why don't they also loudly advertize that human CO2 contribution vs natural contribution is at 3 to 4% ?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok, I'm prepared to go along with the global warming folks that the heat from the oceans is going to do us in unless we do something. Let's start Plan B. Let's get some group to start dumping iron ore powder into the ocean to absorb most of the carbon dioxide in our atmosphere by getting plants to grow on the ocean which absorb it. We could use some global cooling to remedy the situation. Surely there is enough carbon tax money collected already to get this done. Oh wait, no one is interested in reversing the situation, our government just wants to tax us more. Never mind. I was suggesting a remedy to a problem. If our government says it's a problem but is only interested in taxing the people instead of working on a fix, I start wondering if it's really a problem.

It would be interesting if someone invented a substance that reflected a lot of sunlight but kept a high reflective value in the heat. It would be like artificial snow that works at 130 degrees. You could spray it across the Sahara to see if it works. Then if you wanted to get rid of it, spray it with another substance to dissolve it. This idea might be expensive. The iron ore powder is cheap I believe. I might be happy if someone invented white roofing shingles to replace the common black ones to reduce indoor attic temperatures.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: GoShredAK

I live in Southern California & it's been rather cold & windy. I tell everyone we should stop complaining though, the rest of the world is blizzarding.

The rest of the world is not blizzarding. GoShredAK just posted above how he hasn't even seen snow yet and he lives in Alaska!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I might be happy if someone invented white roofing shingles to replace the common black ones to reduce indoor attic temperatures.

White shingles would also help reflect sunlight. Black absorbs it. The Albedo Effect. The more polar ice the better. The more ice melts, the more solar radiation is absorbed.

The Albedo Effect

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: smurfy
Another big speak about something they don't know might happen.

But it did happen. 2014 is the warmest year on record according to the NOAA.

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for the year-to-date (January–November) was 0.68°C (1.22°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.2°F), the warmest such period on record.

2014 was the coldest on record for the Mid-West. Low record temps were smashed here in Michigan during the winter months. I have been on the planet for 46 years and it was never as cold as it was since I was hatched back in 1969 as it was in 2014.. Yet they say it was the hottest year on record. Did they average in the cold temps from North America or just take the temperature of the hottest place on earth and just go with that?

Of course, I know that global warming means a colder forecast somewhere..

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to truckdriver42:
It was cooler in parts of the U.S. and scattered other areas. In most other places, it was warmer.

As the warmer areas greatly surpass the cooler areas, the overall global temperature was quite a bit warmer than usual.

e:
It's being reported that, for Seattle and Phoenix, the year was the warmest on record.
edit on 12Fri, 02 Jan 2015 12:42:15 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join