It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania police kill man whom they say tried to run them over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Another suicide by cop.

Source

Since the dead guy is named Pacini I'm going to guess Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson won't be showing up in Philadelphia to protest.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Your link isn't working for me.

Nice avatar, by the by.

a reply to: Jamie1

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Busted link. Doesn't really seem like a suicide by cop to me either.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"Tried to run over a Policeman" usually means they were nearly clipped by a wing mirror....by about 3 feet.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Link is fixed.

Not sure why it wasn't working!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
"Tried to run over a Policeman" usually means they were nearly clipped by a wing mirror....by about 3 feet.

Did you even read the story? Obviously not.

Authorities said that Pacini had posted a video on social media threatening to kill police and FBI agents. ...... said that officers stopped Pacini at an intersection in the town and ordered him out of his car. Instead of complying, Pacini backed into the Clifton Heights police chief's car and then prepared to run over other officers.

Suicide by cop.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Authorities said that Pacini had posted a video on social media threatening to kill police and FBI agents. ...... said that officers stopped Pacini at an intersection in the town and ordered him out of his car. Instead of complying, Pacini backed into the Clifton Heights police chief's car and then prepared to run over other officers.

Suicide by cop.

And, your point is..I did read it and in no way did it state he actually even tried to run them over...Just "Prepared", whatever that means.? I'll guess, Looked at them in a menacing fashion.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

it is faster than shooting out the tires or radiator
that is a very large dangerous weapon

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Suicide by cop.

And, your point is..I did read it and in no way did it state he actually even tried to run them over...Just "Prepared", whatever that means.? I'll guess, Looked at them in a menacing fashion.

It means he didn't comply when the police ordered him out of the car, and instead backed it up into a police car. Rather than wait for the nutcase to ram his car into somebody, or pull a gun and start shooting, the cops shot him first.

Darwin wins again.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Another suicide by cop.

Source

Since the dead guy is named Pacini I'm going to guess Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson won't be showing up in Philadelphia to protest.

Oooof! Nice.
This seems to always happen on the other side of my state.
Here in Pittsburgh. There is crime. But so far everyone gets alone. Everybody in this town is nebby.
However just over the hill a township called McKee's Rock. Them, Homewood and then Homestead. And thanks to nebby folks. Information suggest that Attitudes are changing. These areas are section 8 apartments..
and fenced off housing authority.

Tempers and uneducated people is a bad mix. The YOU OWE US mindset is brewing.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Suicide by cop.

It means he didn't comply when the police ordered him out of the car, and instead backed it up into a police car. Rather than wait for the nutcase to ram his car into somebody, or pull a gun and start shooting, the cops shot him first.

Darwin wins again.

Hmm. A car is a half Ton bullet...
I would shoot..
Pepper spray still allows him to hit the gas peddle. And I've seen someone who loves hot sauce try it..
Not always affective.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Another suicide by cop.

Source

Oooof! Nice.
Here in Pittsburgh. There is crime. But so far everyone gets alone. Everybody in this town is nebby.
However just over the hill a township called McKee's Rock. Them, Homewood and then Homestead. And thanks to nebby folks. Information suggest that Attitudes are changing. These areas are section 8 apartments..

I love Pittsburgh! One of the best kept secrets in the world!

People in Pittsburgh are decent, fair, and honest. There's equality in the harmless racism. Irish talk about Italians, WASPs talk about the Jews in Squirrel Hill. Jews talk about the blacks in Wilkinsburg.

Come Sunday, the only colors that matter are black and gold.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
He made threats on social media, police responded to social media. The rest?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Another suicide by cop.

Source

Oooof! Nice.

I love Pittsburgh! One of the best kept secrets in the world!

People in Pittsburgh are decent, fair, and honest. There's equality in the harmless racism. Irish talk about Italians, WASPs talk about the Jews in Squirrel Hill. Jews talk about the blacks in Wilkinsburg.

Come Sunday, the only colors that matter are black and gold.

HEEEEEEEEATH! Got my jersey!

Hehehe..you described to the key!
Moved here from Reno NV...
Very different..
I'm now where Michael shhh Douglas..Keaton .. grew up.
You can't sneeze without the neighbors talking about it..

But the police here in my township are very civil...
I know them all..
Those guys don't have to draw their guns.
Why... because we all know each other.. the police have to live in the township that they work.
And... 80% of the township are over 80 years old..
No need to pull their weapons.
Just blow on them.
I'm lucky to be here.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)[/editby

Lol.. I'm Irish.. and my friend up the street is Italian. He doesn't hold back.

extra DIV

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Already posted
. Your thread is better though.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Authorities said that Pacini had posted a video on social media threatening to kill police and FBI agents.

If he did post that he was dead anyway - the method just hadn't been determined at that point.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So he posted a video threatening to kill da police (legal?).

So they ran his number plate through the system and it triggered at some point and stopped him at an intersection.

What I want to know is the exact steps Police use to locate someone when they red flag someones "social media" output.

Like, do they get his address straight away from the websites database, and red flag his number plate so when it's picked up on the automated traffic system somewhere is tells them where he is. Stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
What I want to know is the exact steps Police use to locate someone when they red flag someones "social media" output.

Well, in the video he said his name, even spelled his surname several times, so all they had to do was look up their drivers licence database, positively identify him then they have his address....
www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

join