It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #30: The Top Ten Steaming Turds of 2014 - The Year in BS

page: 1

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That's right, we're playing copy-cat and doing a year-end wrap up video just like everyone else. Except in our case, we're counting down what we see to be the top ten BS stories and events from 2014. We're doing this to give you that nice warm fuzzy feeling from looking back on another year, as we head into a new year with new optimism and hope for the future. I think I just threw-up in my mouth when I typed that. Number ten is one of the BS ways the media tries to scare you with click-bait terminology, nine covers corporate screw-ups, eight is an epic-BS politician, and it goes downhill fast from there. Enjoy!

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
First vid I've ever watched of NLBS. Good stuff and I'm glad to see the VA scandal made the list!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Fair shout, you make a good case for everything being B.S.

In all seriousness, I will be willing to present the U.K version, just expect less muscle and a lot less hair!!

Keep on rocking in the free World.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Another great show Joe, thanks.
I may rearrange a few myself, like #5 moved up a bit, but glad the show is still going strong.
Keep up the good work in 2015, & Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I think pretty much any high profile feminist should be on that list. They have pretty much ticked off anyone who is a man for the entire year, using the media to only hear one side of the story, while getting no input from men on the subjects.
edit on 31-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Every single spammy link from OP in 2014 would suffice for a top 20 list for sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good stuff as always Joe. I had a dream the other night, and that dream was that Idiocracy wasn't a movie, but a reality. One that we are headed to if we do not fix our education system. We need to fight. Fight for our freedom, fight for our health, fight for our education, fight for our economic wellbeing. All of these thing are slowly being pulled from beneath us, but we continue to be distracted. It's time to wake up. Thanks again for awakening those who have been asleep. Keep up the great work!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Awesome episode! As a 20 year Navy retiree, I'm glad you added the VA scandal in there. That really is some bull# what they have been doing to screw over veterans.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
That's right, we're playing copy-cat and doing a year-end wrap up video just like everyone else. Except in our case, we're counting down what we see to be the top ten BS stories and events from 2014. We're doing this to give you that nice warm fuzzy feeling from looking back on another year, as we head into a new year with new optimism and hope for the future. I think I just threw-up in my mouth when I typed that. Number ten is one of the BS ways the media tries to scare you with click-bait terminology, nine covers corporate screw-ups, eight is an epic-BS politician, and it goes downhill fast from there. Enjoy!

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

I have never watched what has the top spot on this site, but I thought I'd give it a shot today. Wow, so much stupid. This "show" is the next level of BS embodied. First of all, the year can't "reach a crescendo" (of stupidity) because a crescendo is a gradual increase over time. You do not reach a crescendo, it's not a destination. You could reach the beginning, middle, or end of a crescendo, but you can't reach a crescendo. Yet the genius host uses it like you would use the word climax.

Next if we look at the talking points this show goes through the creators are obvious leftists. It throws one bone to what would be considered an issue that sympathizes with those on the right (but takes it back later). The rest is center/left or hard left. No evolution is not a demonstrable fact as this fool stated. Please, show me an OBSERVED instance of one species turning into another species. Show me one instance of genes mutating in a way where they create new information (required for evolution to be fact, yet not possible).

And no 97% of scientists don't agree on global warming.
Voter ID is not voter suppression
Water boarding is not torture and no one was executed for waterboarding
GM is not anywhere near the most profitable company in the world

Did people really buy this list? I thought this site was about denying ignorance.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
duplicate

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Umm.. am I on NLBS.com or ATS? I only ask because I see ATS once at the top, but NLBS twice top left and right. Left and right borders of NLBS vid thumbnails, and a top topic of you guessed it an NLBS video that reaks of Next Level Bull Poo... Guess I can delete this bookmark, RIP ATS

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why do people think war is gonna be friendly and kind and nice to each other.All countires will use a form of torture or some mass murder to get their way.However the U.S. has never purposely mass murdered anyone in wars.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Do you really end this list discussing stupidity, and as a defense of "the stupid" you use the 97% BS talking point?

I hope the irony in using NLBS to call out NLBS is not lost on most of the viewers.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Water boarding is not torture and no one was executed for waterboarding

Well… most "leftists" tend not to like John McCain… I pretty much do like him. Let's see what he said:

History supports McCain's stance on waterboarding

The morning after the CNN/YouTube debate in St. Petersburg, John McCain remained firm in his stand against the use of an interrogation technique called "waterboarding." He cited solid history to buttress his position.

"I forgot to mention last night that following World War II war crime trials were convened. The Japanese were tried and convicted and hung for war crimes committed against American POWs. Among those charges for which they were convicted was waterboarding," he told reporters at a campaign event.

"If the United States is in another conflict ... and we have allowed that kind of torture to be inflicted upon people we hold captive, then there is nothing to prevent that enemy from also torturing American prisoners."

There was a lot more "voter suppression" than just improper execution of ID requirements.

"Crescendo" -- noun -- the loudest point reached in a gradually increasing sound or noise: Deborah's voice was rising to a crescendo .
It was used because, yes, the "stupid" has been gradually increasing over time.
Pick nits much?

The 97% number is echoed in several sources, including this one

GM is on track for record profits that do indeed place it in the zone we discussed on the show.

Your augment against evolution (one species turning into another species) is a poor counter to evolution, however: Fish Caught Evolving Into Three Different Species Just use Google.
Evolution is accepted science fact. Denying that doesn't make it less-so.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I actually rather like this one.

Agree with everything in it. S&F

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So, as I suspected, if there is a "consensus" about the "consensus", that makes it fact. Nope, sorry. Not true. Regardless of what you've lent credence to.

GM is on track for record profits, for them. Not for everyone which is how the show made it sound.

Voter suppression, care to elaborate?

Evolution, you misunderstood my argument (in your defense, it was vague) For evolution to be possible new information must be created (from thin air?) in DNA. There is no record of this having happened, ever. As such it has never been observed. What you have posted is the equivalent of claiming that Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, and Asians are all different species. That is not a supporting argument of evolution.

And again, no one was killed for water boarding. It was simply listed in the list of offenses (you know, like when you get pulled over and get a seat belt ticket too). www.nationalreview.com...

Finally, Yes, leftists LOVE john mccain and lindsey graham. Of all of the republicans, they are usually the leftists favorites. Republicans mostly hate him. His own state party censured him. dailycaller.com...

top topics

join