It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mainstream" opinions about Earth as some kind of prison/school - rectifying the issue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As a note here, I am communicating in a "matter of fact" way, and truly I think that what I am trying to explain here is correct, although, being such a hypothetical/theoretical perhaps even whimsical concept it might upset some whom like to deal in solid facts.

You can look through the New Age "doctrines" and find that for some reason or another, certain pieces of information have proliferated themselves across the internet, and have gained almost "cult-like" followings.

You must understand that most of this "information" is channelled and is only as good as the quality of the channeler and their ability to comprehend and parrot the thoughts of their puppet masters, often, they use their own concepts to explain concepts foreign to them and do not have the capacity to adequately explain the information that they are being given. Also, much of it is intended to be "mysterious" so that one does not get the complete picture, or crafted in such a fashion that we make false assumptions to fit missing pieces to the puzzle.

One of these pieces of information that is commonly quoted is the notion that we are in some kind of "prison" or "school" and we are here to absolve our "karma" and that we are allowed "free choice" whilst here.

Technically, this is correct, however, a small part of information can change one's outlook on the situation, and firstly, it is an experiment that is being run, and yes, we did participate in this experiment, and only on certain conditions can we escape. Yes, we have free choice although really we had it before we entered the simulation, the simulation only really allowing us to fully exercise it - because we were capable of free choice, we were asked to participate in the experiment.

One might be led to assume the following

- That because it is a prison/school, somehow we are being punished here and that we are here to learn from our lessons.
- That because we have free-will here, that alternatively we would usually not have it

And many have...

So, lets address...

- The experiment is being run by those whom have created this little reality that we live in, it can be likened to a prison when we have not met the conditions for being allowed to leave, and it can be treated as a school because like any experiment, we learn things from their outcome, and in this case it goes for the participants and the experimenters.

Really, it is an experiment, that is it's purpose

- Beings that have the ability to choose are rare, and the experiment was actually an attempt to discover why we have the ability to choose - by placing us in a controlled environment, the experimenters were hoping to figure out what it is about us that gives rise to free choice.

Really, we have always had free choice, this world really just allows us to exercise it completely.

- In order to be let out of the experiment, our choices have to have all "terminated" so that we leave no affectation to the time structures created in the simulation - this can be viewed as making no ripples in the pond, or paying of a "karmic debt" - however, it is only a rough approximation to what is actually a technical concept in the eyes of the controllers whom are running the experiment.

Really, we can leave when we ensure that the experiment can still run without our presence in it, when all ends meet in the simulation without us needing to be present anymore, when our choices terminate themselves and have no further possibility to alter events occurring within the experiment.

I hope you found something here useful in whatever quest for knowledge that you might be on.
edit on 31-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

I am starting to find this portion of the game a little slow and negative right now. It is in the process of modulation into a totally positive level next. Next we experience a cooperative team concept run its program.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Star and flag
Well written. The concept ties in nicely with the various beliefs in reincarnation and karma/dharma.
I have said for years that we are here to learn certain lessons and will keep coming back until we learn them.

In my various reading I have run across the concept/Idea that until we no longer have any desire to continue with the life experience we will continue to reincarnate here, that is not to say we have a choice in those desires but rather that we have worked through the lessons that are learnable in a material existence and are able to move on to the next level whatever that may be.

Many so called pagan religions and even the bible have reinforced this idea.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have two questions for you.

First why do you believe that(what brought you to that conclusion)?

Second what does that belief/conclusion do for you(how does it affect you in what manner)?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Very well stated. & always a great topic. I would like to commend you on writing & sharing this information.
I daily contemplate the "karmic & free-will" actions & reactions of my peers & of the world events, & although when times seem tough & I appear to be looking at defeat, I know consciously that it is through my own free will that I am here, & I will myself along, thus to an evolutionary experience. I've been evolving a lot lately. it's rapid now.
This universe is so inconceivably vast. Although it is not yet a collective thought, or "table talk", the time approaches evermore.

Karma (action/reaction), free will, & space&time can yield very unique relationships.

2015!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I like the bumbling fool higher being myself that thought this was a good idea and we have to become a real boy like Pinocchio aka burn a candle to scare away the darkness.
'ETA ok so what are the problems down here. We have usury, taxes misappropriated we have crime-just an aside do you think there would be crime and it's variants like corruption of there was a world of plenty? anyway the world is limited so the world sucks the life outta you and you geniously decide to continue the prison by having children instead of "serving the sentence" and "forgo saving others from experiencing this hell by having children" I mean yeah you are right. So what is the solution? you probably didn't get this far in the conversation
edit on 31-12-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I think we have choice because God wanted us to be his children that are in his likeness. I think he wants us to reproduce/be the image of his awareness of Spirit by being the translators/builders of his Spirit's temple/body - which is why he breathed his Spirit into us in the first place, thereby giving us life/choice... but we failed so hard at it, so I think, now, we are to take in the spirit of his Son/spirit of his Body and become Church/Bride by translating Jesus' spirit, instead, but then again, that may only be for the gentiles (new covenant) to be the Bride/adopted children by taking in and translating Jesus' spirit.

I think the spirits you're channeling/translating are trying to get you to be spat out.

see: Revelation 3:16

- In order to be let out of the experiment, our choices have to have all "terminated" so that we leave no affectation to the time structures created in the simulation - this can be viewed as making no ripples in the pond, or paying of a "karmic debt" - however, it is only a rough approximation to what is actually a technical concept in the eyes of the controllers whom are running the experiment.

The way you said "quest" the other day made me think you were being called... I have had exactly those same thoughts (feeling compelled to complete some journey for truth).
edit on 12/31/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

escape?
no one gets out of here with any dna info
that is all privite property of the soloman corp.
you can all return to your previous incarnation and the gold will be credited to your accounts
that is the gold that is in your body wil be counted and the heafty ones will have a better payday
thank you for playing come again

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Taken in the context of human evolution, might this represent a decline in homo sapiens and their balkanization of epistemology, societal structure and their various choices and interconnections running amok to the point of being a tangled knot of F.U.B.A.R. doom? And then the pressure cooker to force a radical shift in our DNA that will allow for the possible emergence of a new type of human, one that is in some sense a hybrid with high-technology, capable of interstellar and virtual/matrix existence?

What would it mean to "leave" the experiment in tact, successfully? To die and make it up to a "New Heaven and New Earth", or some other new realm or universe. Or to be cut and paste off of this self-destructing timeline and onto a new one. I have heard the saying "Death awaits as a magical doorway for the integrated soul". Perhaps that is what is meant. But that begs the question as to what happens to the disintegrated souls!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistore

I tend to lean towards imprisonment wherein my higher enlightened self and past lives are suppressed by the forces that truly rule this planet.
These forces are formidable but not omnipotent evidenced by the occasional child who can recall a past life from the names of their parents the town they lived in the language they spoke to how they died.

To be fully awake with recall of the higher self would empower one to escape. How to accomplish this however may take a millennium of reincarnates.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Basically I have a sense that can tell the difference between what is happening in the "real world" and what is happening in the "simulation" - our real selves and their true effects upon reality are overwritten by the program and its artificial reality. By various visions, experiences, and realisations, I was able to distinguish between the two.

I can see that there exists an elaborate "mind system" that is "installed" into our brains, and basically it can predict outcomes for our choices so that these choices continue to manifest into a controlled linear time set. As opposed to different choices creating different possible streams of time in a wider reality until they actually substantiate into an alteration of events, the system plots our choices and orders them into reality by means of advanced predictive calculations. Otherwise, reality would not be as "solid" as it is now, and far less restrictive in terms of what we are able to do - greater potential and uncertainty. This includes many things that we would ordinarily consider to be "supernatural" - as already mentioned, living in alternate times and realities (non-linear time), and the unlocking of the mind so that it can be used to its full potential (full access to what we would consider to be the subconsciousness).

The "control" is implanted into our minds, and it exists there because we have chosen to participate, it does restrict us because it limits reality, much like a laboratory experiment is made to exclude phenomenon that is unpredictable or external to the phenomenon being studied or too complex for reliable measurement.

It affects me because obviously there is a purpose to the whole thing, and we can look at it in opposition however, we can also accept it, and I believe that this will open doors for us and also create a sense of reassurance as to our purposes here.

edit on 1-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I assume that we were physical beings prior to being "here" and that when we die in our current forms we will be allowed to return to our old ones when we can be successfully extracted. Thus we have multiple incarnations running at the same time, jumping between realities and timelines, using our spirits to jump between bodies - this particular incarnation of ours being the one "imprisoned" in the experimental space of the "simulation".

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The outcome of any equation will depend on its premisse/s. Were we to believe that we are de facto in a prison, or formulated in a milder way, in a "school," this puts us automatically in a position where we are self-victimized and victimized, blabbering our way through the labyrinth of despair while having the illusion of free will. Doesn't seem very attractive, does it? The outcome bleak. Reincarnating endlessly until we "get it."

I too have felt for a while that I was supposed to learn my lesson, suffer whatever karma I had inflicted upon my poor old soul and then move on, blindly, to the next reincarnation. No more.

All this does to one is make them believe the wrong is within them, something one needs to rectify and maybe become "enlightened", be their higher, divine self. Note how the last two put our present self in a discriminate, lower and faulty state of being by connotation.

Methinks we don't have free will and free choice to the things that happen to us, they just do. However, we have free choice in the manner we react to them, whether we see them as an experience and just such, without assigning them any power over us. Thats all, all we can do. We can't be or miraculously transform into something we are not, be it the "divine self," "the higher one," or God - we are not.

We are here just for the ride. One needs not worry theirselves sick so that they finally reach enlightenment, correct the supposed cosmic karma and all will be swell. We have no power and no possibility of knowing what's beyond, how this universe works, why reality is such to us and not the other way, we just can't. It is all speculation at best - look at the latest findings in science, some say it is like this, some say it is like that, or that, no, this sounds better...

What I can say with certainty though, beside it all being just a ride for us to feel and react to, is that each of us have our own paths, our own personal understanding of what it all means. Two quotes come to mind: "Judge not, lest ye be judged," and my favorite one "i have attained nothing by total enlightenment" - buddha

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

'and only on certain conditions can we escape'

I speculate on the word 'escape'.

escape to where? could it be less problematic to use the word 'progress' as in progress beyond matter.

the gnostics are furnished with the concept of re-incarnation (possibly derived from a more ancient wisdom) and the early church powers scrubbed it denouncing it as heresy, punishable by death, lol unknowingly/knowingly feeding the incarnation machine.

eliphas levi speculates on this process in 'the book of splendours' and seemingly finds connections of parity with the bhagavadam, the gnostic gospels and the caballa, all of which in my opinion expand this area of contemplation in smoothie fashion.

one potential spiritual blockage to this process, it seems to me has been the highjacking of the word and it's alterations throughout history to cement the churches authority and monopoly over the masses who were denied the esoteric higher inner knowledge and to be content with the priest class setting the bar with the exoteric rinse repeat formulations.
the gnostics and the dds show us that the temple resides inwardly whereas the established papal church requires one to worship through an intermediary i.e. through a priest.

I should add that I err on the side of caution when presented with the 'channeling' concept. I still tiptoe round the cairo-workings lol.

f.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ubei2

Choice is an interesting thing, it is really subtractive rather than additive, I was doing such and such, path A, and if I wanted to I could act upon a thought and choose path B. By changing tracks, by acting upon a thought that is unique to your mind, only you are the one to decide, there are no other factors affecting your actions but yourself. The reason why I explain the ability to have choice is rare, is because, each time we choose, essentially, we are "restarting time" and changing the course of history, not just for the individual, but for the entirety of existence.

That is how substantial choice is and that is why there is an experiment so see exactly why we are capable of it.

When it comes to karma, it only exists in domains that are running it (like a program) - there are plenty of other domains that do not support "karma" and such realities are chaotic - that means, things happening out of the blue, things that can be both positive and negative, so, no matter how "good" you are, bad things can still happen in such realities.

The advantage of such realties, is that there are few rules and access to practically limitless potential, those that exist in such realties have developed coping mechanisms to deal with unexpected occurrences, however, for the average person, such a reality would either be seen as a nightmare or an absolute dream.

I can give you some insight here, there are different "rankings" for realities - a level 1 reality is self-contained, you would call it a "realm" that has many different rules for its denizens, most of them only really able to act within certain parameters. Such worlds are very "safe" and many would consider them to be paradise, however, mostly, they are ruled by "creators" that have very stringent requirements for those that are allowed to exist in such realms, and generally, the penalties for going against the rules is generally banishment.

A level 12 reality, for instance, would be almost pure chaos, where even highly predictable actions do not always lead to certain outcomes. A nightmare indeed, however, for the explorer/adventurer, a place of constant wonderment.

Our reality would be about a level 6, where there exists cyclical action and reaction patterns (karma) and only allows a moderate amount of uncertainty, usually manifesting in either "luck" or "accidents"...

You have to see that reality encompasses everything, and even such things that we assume to be universal such as karma and sin, might not exist in other domains. In that sense, "karma" is an invention that allows us to know the consequences of our actions, and temptation exists because we ask what would happen if we were to do something with a negative consequence that provides us with gratification (desire).

When it comes to "sin" for example, this is basically what happens when "creations" (of a "creator") are allowed to go against the way that their creators "programmed" them.

edit on 2-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

I use the term "escape" - basically, to find an avenue to "exit" the experiment, according to the conditions that we had agreed to when we did agree to be here. Karma is similar to the escape condition, to leave the simulation without our absence affecting the continuation of the program. Basically, when our actions leave no further consequences upon the simulated reality.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When it comes to karma, it only exists in domains that are running it (like a program) - there are plenty of other domains that do not support "karma" and such realities are chaotic - that means, things happening out of the blue, things that can be both positive and negative, so, no matter how "good" you are, bad things can still happen in such realities.

The advantage of such realties, is that there are few rules and access to practically limitless potential, those that exist in such realties have developed coping mechanisms to deal with unexpected occurrences, however, for the average person, such a reality would either be seen as a nightmare or an absolute dream.

I can give you some insight here, there are different "rankings" for realities - a level 1 reality is self-contained, you would call it a "realm" that has many different rules for its denizens, most of them only really able to act within certain parameters. Such worlds are very "safe" and many would consider them to be paradise, however, mostly, they are ruled by "creators" that have very stringent requirements for those that are allowed to exist in such realms, and generally, the penalties for going against the rules is generally banishment.

A level 12 reality, for instance, would be almost pure chaos, where even highly predictable actions do not always lead to certain outcomes. A nightmare indeed, however, for the explorer/adventurer, a place of constant wonderment.

Our reality would be about a level 6, where there exists cyclical action and reaction patterns (karma) and only allows a moderate amount of uncertainty, usually manifesting in either "luck" or "accidents"...

You have to see that reality encompasses everything, and even such things that we assume to be universal such as karma, might not exist in other domains. In that sense, "karma" is an invention that allows us to know the consequences of our actions in a relatively enclosed domain (i.e. one that has "boundaries" that allow actions to "bounce of the edges" and manifest into "reactions"), and "suffering" exists because we ask what would happen if we were to do something with a negative consequence that provides us with gratification (desire). If for example, you were to exist in a reality that was not self-contained, then, what you experience would not be repeatable - generally, for the same occurrence, we experience the same sensory response, such as pain for instance, however, in a place where this is not the case, sometimes the exact same thing could create different reactions, thus, predictable actions and reactions would break down and karma would not be able to function.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I speak of things i "know" and how they relate to my being and experience.

Not that I am dismissing your talk about all these domains, creators etc, - just that I haven't been there, or know not of them with immediate certainty at least, or probably I don't remember. But that's beside the point. We were talking about this existence, this planet, this body and brain of ours, which my post touched upon. Anything else remains speculation, in my view.

I thank you for your insights though. Quite interesting.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

would the ultimate goal be to escape/progress beyond the yoke of time?
even then could we elect to come back?
could we provide useful function away from matter or could this provoke an insane consciousness?
without function would the yearning for the physical be so great that we need re-entry?

we are thought and form. without physical form will thought suffice or is there scope for enhancement of avatar and to what purpose.
f.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join