It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's NOT the end of the world as we know it, and i feel fine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So my good ladies and gentlemen, another year is wrapping up, and sadly this year, no end of the world predictions.
Nobody found some odd calendar to misinterpret, and ebola did not wipe out the human race like lots of people thought it would.
the year just came and went, like the many before it, and many to still come.
It's 8.41 pm on my side of the world, so i need to start getting ready so i can be out late and hear my better half make fun of me for being old and not remembering schedules.
I'll confess to having a full bottle of wine on an empty stomach because well hey, it works against my demons.
So what is this post about? Anything, and maybe nothing, depends what you take from it, But i want to take the time to wish you all a happy new year, and not because it's mandatory, not because it's the nice thing to do, but because deep down, we are all the same, struggling to get by, trying to make sense of a world that often seems to play according to a rulebook we did not get in the mail.
So no matter where you are, no matter what is happening in your personal life, remember that, predictions and difficulties be damned, you made it to another year, and hopefully many more to come still.
We all look for a sense of resolve when the clock strikes midnight, as if we are waiting for some answer, some meaning, but maybe the answer is the simplest one: we got a bit further down the road, with a year of experience, knowledge, loss and maybe heartbreak.
All things that make us stronger, all things that are part of us becoming adults, even if, i have no clue when that is supposed to happen.
So to all near and far, stay strong, be proud that no matter the difficulties you may have faced, you are still here to tell the tale.
And to those that are gone, for those we have lost, have a safe journey, and watch over us, because we fu%k things up more than we like to admit, and can use a star to guide us.

Have fun people, be safe, and be good.
...or be good at it

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Have fun people, be safe, and be good.
...or be good at it

My neighbor passed on used to say, If you can't be good, be careful.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"End of the world as we know it and I feel fine"? Now take my a$$ to FUNKY TOWN!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Life is what's happening when you are making other plans.

~ John Lennon

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I hope the world manages to at least sort out some of its problems, and leaves us little guys alone in 2015, I think that's just about all we can hope for, anyway, happy new year guys and galls.

new topics

top topics

join