It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalized Marijuana Hasn’t Caused The Sky To Fall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

I add- I've been watching a show on sun nights called:
"Pot Barons of Colorado" on msnbc.

From what I gather, it takes quite a lot of money to obtain
a license to sell or grow. Besides smoking, there is a HUGE
market for Marijuana infused edibles.

Unfortunately, a couple recent cases of murder or suicide
have occurred after eating highly concentrated THC foods.

So now, there is a sudden rush by the Marijuana Enforcement
Department to halt edibles until regulations on THC amounts
and child-proof packaging can be examined.

Other than that, and a few strong-armed robberies of dis-
pensaries, the smoking continues. From the show, I see that
the biggest problems are: can't use banks because they are
FEDERAL...and it is still illegal at the fed level. And cannot
keep enough product available!

Very ironic for me personally, I smoked illegaly for 35 yrs,
but now that I quit, it's legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more thing, the CBD oil from hemp has proven to cease
seizures in children, stop cancerous tumors, and other great
applications to the sick. ( cannibadiol ]

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
*** REMINDER ***

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

edit on 4-1-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
My point? Just since so many eat McDonalds food way to often, is no reason to move the bar down to accommodate what the masses do that isn't good for them. Don't start saying "McDonalds food is fine" when it is not...nor say "pot is fine" when it is not.

I realize that you are for legalization but I still feel the need to say: the point you don't seem to get is that pot IS "fine" for many different reasons. Have you actually done research into it's benefits, or your knowledge of it only goes so far as the typical: "Weed = Stoned = Lazy = Bad" mindset?

It's not about how it can be misused - although it should be said that the downsides of "misusing" pot is not anywhere near as bad as the downsides of "misusing" almost any other drug - it's about what it can do for people who use it for the right reasons... and I'm sure if one of your own kids were in a situation where the quality of their lives could be greatly improved by having cheap and easy access to pot, than you would have absolutely no problems with it and would probably be one of the many parents that actually go out of their way - even illegally if need be - to get it for them.

The thing is, marijuana should be hailed as one of the greatest plants on our planet - not only for the fact that it has an enormous amount of medicinal benefits - but even for the fact that it contains properties that when compared to all other recreational substances - is probably the one with the least potential to do harm. And yet - here we are - fighting for it's legalization, all the while far worse are perfectly legal and have absolutely no benefits.

It's a crazy world we live in.
edit on 6/1/15 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Bravo! Star!

I give credit to the hippy generation and those who started
N O R M L

National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think back then, that they
would ever succeed in actually getting the law changed.

In STATES, anyway... Now comes the FED! I think they are
still in line with 'Reefer Madness' , so it's gonna take some
doing!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I live around Denver as well and i haven't noticed anything different. The smoke cloud over Red Rocks during a Phish concert is the same size and density as its always been. Just a legal cloud now.

My kids are going ask me about weed when they get old enough and finally notice there are all these storefronts with green crosses. I guess I'll just have the same conversation as the one about booze and then lie to them and tell them that I've never done it. Just like my folks did to me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join