It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's new year message to Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Phatdamage

Russia really did help win WW2 but instead of helping rebuild Europe they became the very thing they were fighting. How many people died after the war because of Russian land grabbing? And it seems they are trying to gain back some of the lost power..........They should be worrying about how to make life better for Russians.

You had better believe the Russian people are going to figure this out in short order as the Russian economy falls apart. They are at best a regional power.......That is being kind. Italy is a bigger world power.

Italy doesn't have the capability to wipe out human kind with the fires of a global nuclear holocaust.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky
But what America spends on it's military and what America get are 2 different things...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
No. China knows full well that to maintain (at least a semblance of) global balance of power, the #2 and #3 nations must maintain economic and military ties so the #1 power can't achieve total domination. It's geopolitics 101. They need Russia for their own survival.

I understand what you're saying, but I think that was the old Chinese position. I believe that China is coming around to being a clear rival to the US without any help. I think Russia - China ties are now simply useful for China due to energy and military needs.

Russia is fast needing China much more than China needs Russia.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gas prices are coming back with a vengance haha! and this little gem

"the responsibility that Russia and the United States bear for maintaining peace and international stability"

lol more like mutual cluster # of INstability

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Russia's GDP is 8 times smaller than the US's
The USA has almost twice as many active military solders
The USA spends over 20 times what Russia spends on it's military
and on and on and on

Putin demanding equality with the US is a complete joke. It isn't even close.

And a single smart scientist (or even some intelligent person in their garage) can change everything overnight. So, what if that one person is in Russia. People need to get along and sort their sh*t out, you never know when the advantage is going to swing the other way. Anyway, it's easier and smarter to just be friends.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Canadakastan....ha ha ha! Priceless!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No mercy no surrender, Russia has shown there hand time and time again

Crush the Russian economy first

Crush her allies

Bye bye Putin

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Obama is a lame duck president.
Putin knows this.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So the US is the solo global super power?

With trillions in debt and military budget cuts, all I have to say is LOL!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Do you suppose this could be the reason?

France Wants Signs of Ukraine Peace

France is set to deliver two new warships to Russia, only if Russia can prove they want peace. Imagine that, two warships with the promise of peace. Seems counterintuitive to me.

But sanctions imposed by the European Union and the United States on Russia have complicated France's commitment to the 1.2 billion-euro deal to deliver the two Mistral-class warships -- even though the order was made long before the crisis erupted.

Um, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm still not convinced what's happening in Ukraine was solely Putins doing.

Much like Assad, I feel they've been forced into standing up militarily and have committed some horrible crimes in doing so! The west, with the help from locals, instigated both uprisings which have become serious international events.

As such this message from Putin to Obama is a gentle reminder

'"the responsibility that Russia and the United States''

that we're responsible and neither Syria or Ukraine would have taken place if we (the west) hadn't kicked it off.

Please keep in mind though, this has nothing to do with Obama - he is not the one making the decisions.
Putin on the other hand is the decision maker and will nullify your sh1t in an instant.

I like Putin, his September 11th letter to the New York Times was his attempt at reaching out!

A Plea for Caution From Russia
What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria

By VLADIMIR V. PUTIN
Published: September 11, 2013 4447 Comments

MOSCOW — RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organization — the United Nations — was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The United Nations’ founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America’s consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.

edit on pm1156318012015-01-01T23:56:48-06:00112015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

and on and on and on

And, at the end of your little chest thumping exercise and **** measuring contest, the fact still remains that the Russian's can destroy the United States and the rest of the world with it(including them selves) many multiple times over.

The United States can spend 2 trillion on it's military. It wouldn't change that fact.

The complete joke is that the USA thought it could continue to do as it pleased, when in reality a multi-polar world is emerging again, with the opposing 'pole' being lead by Moscow and Beijing.

Washington is one day going to bite off more then it can chew. It should be noted they've directly messed with China now, with the "occupy" protests in Hong Kong out of left field.

There's only so much bullying that others will put up with before they snap.
And this isn't a school yard, this is the real world, where certain actions can lead to other actions that have irreversible consequences. Not just for the countries directly involved by all of humanity on this planet.

Putin is right, the United States and Russia both share a responsibility for maintaining global peace and stability.

The American's aren't exactly behaving them selves, and haven't been for a very very long time.
Not that the Russian's are perfect.
But this current round on the chess board has been initiated by the Americans and their European puppets.
It's the West/NATO/USA that are pushing their military's into the Russian sphere and up to the Russian border. That is an aggressive and hostile move. The Russian's aren't idiots, and will make moves of their own.
Naturally our media portray their moves as hostile, but ignore our own sides moves as making us the protagonists.

How easily fooled and blinded some people are.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think Putin is sending Russia straight down the toilet. All his anti west nationalist rhetoric is just to show himself as a strongman to maintain his control over Russia, he might be starting to lose his grip on power as sanctions start to bite and the Russian economy nose dives Russians will blame the man in charge, Pootin.
There have just been big anti government protests in Russia, could be the shape of things to come and Putin can't last forever, he's now had control over Russia for 15 years and is a dictator, Russians will get sick and tired of him sooner or later.

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: seppirish
a reply to: noeltrotsky
But what America spends on it's military and what America get are 2 different things...

Yes this is very true and is why Russia can spent twenty times less and still keep the criminals from the USA from attacking them.

The F-35 project is a total joke but a foriegn politican that signs a order for one of these over priced flying ducks is made for life by the money they get in back hand deals so a few F-35's at least will be sold to Europe.

Tony Blair where are you

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is america the least oppressive when it comes to major superpower?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
I think Putin is sending Russia straight down the toilet. All his anti west nationalist rhetoric is just to show himself as a strongman to maintain his control over Russia, he might be starting to lose his grip on power as sanctions start to bite and the Russian economy nose dives Russians will blame the man in charge, Pootin.
There have just been big anti government protests in Russia, could be the shape of things to come and Putin can't last forever, he's now had control over Russia for 15 years and is a dictator, Russians will get sick and tired of him sooner or later.

news.nationalpost.com...

Delusional.
If Putin is a dictator, then you obviously see the flaws in "western democracy"?
Where two parties share the power, where the two major parties have sold out to corporations and no longer represent the citizens they are supposed to.

Putin is hurting American interests. That's the problem.
There is no issue of him being a dictator, loosing his grip on power, etc etc blah blah and all the other BS propaganda about Russia and Putin these days.

The issue is Putin has stepped up to the plate to oppose American global hegemony.
He has teamed Russia up with China and others, and is building an opposing bloc and union.
This is not in the interests of America.

People need to wake up.

I'm not saying Putin is perfect or a good leader.
But for Russia, what he is doing or has done, is good enough for them. He's pulled Russia out of the abyss. Where he takes Russia from here who knows.

And let's face it, what our governments are doing, is not in our interests either, is it?
What they are doing is in the interests of the globalist corporations, the likes of the energy giants, which so much of America's foreign policy is formed around. Energy supplies.

They may as well call it the Pipeline Wars.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Trying to say Putin is not a dictator? OK.

Leonid Bershidsky: In 2015, Putin will be an outright dictator

fullcomment.nationalpost.com...

I don't think Putin is some genius challenging the west, he's an idiot interested in one thing, keeping in control of Russia. There are also lots of idiots in the west. And he will do whatever it takes and try to crush any opposition. He's been very good at it but now his popularity in Russia is starting to drop. I see you are only interested in the Putin worship fanclub? I don't like Putin and I don't think he's done a good job for Russia but I also don't like a lot of other leaders including the west, they are mostly a bunch of lying corrupt politicians interested in their own power.

By the way Putin has now put Russia into a very bad position and the currency and Russian stock market have collapsed. A better more diplomatic subtle leader may have done much better for Russia.
edit on 5-1-2015 by JimTSpock because: add

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I DON'T BUY IT. It stinks of rot. Anything that stinks, i don't buy it. That goes for the supermarket as much as the Super Powers.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Was just looking at this article written by Russians thought it was interesting.

The answer to the question “What does Putinism mean?” is clear. Putinism means corruption, censorship, raw materials dependency, social inequality, and the depopulation of the country.

De-Putinisation is Russia’s only way out of this dead end.

www.putin-itogi.ru...

I've noticed a lot of the Putin supporters outside of Russia seem to be motivated by anti west anti US sentiment and I'm not sure I buy into much of it. Objective commentary or pushing an agenda?

Just for a bit of balance I think the US military intelligence security apparatus is out of control and paranoid and sees threats everywhere whether they exist or not to justify their trillion dollar government funding. Putin is a perfect bogeyman to justify more funding... is he doing exactly what they want...
edit on 6-1-2015 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

and on and on and on

But how many soldiers can you fit into a Russian hydrogen bomb?

I think Putin is saying that "we really should get along" or die trying?

Perhaps it isn't that, but I thought of it when I read the OP, and they have been tossing these kind of veiled threats towards the USA this past year.
edit on 6-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join