It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's new year message to Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is interesting,

it looks like Putin wants to work with the west and fix broken ties

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said in a new year's message to US President Barack Obama that Moscow is looking for equality in bilateral relations next year.

The Kremlin published several dozen messages addressed to heads of states and international organisations such as the Olympic Committee and FIFA.

Mr Putin reminded Mr Obama of the upcoming 70th anniversary of the allied victory in the Second World War and said that it should serve as a reminder of "the responsibility that Russia and the United States bear for maintaining peace and international stability".

Moscow is anxious for the relations to advance but only as long as there is "equality and mutual respect".

Conspicuously absent from the list of the recipients of new year messages was Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.

so whats ATS thoughts on the fact that he wants equality and mutual respect but doesn't include the message to Ukraine President, maybe the recent restrictions have caused this?

Source
edit on 31/12/14 by Phatdamage because: fixed quote

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Anyone still think he isn't a master chess player? What do you say to this, if you are Obama, without looking like a total dork if you don't try to work towards peace??

Edit: Even if this is just "for show", it will still have the same result. I do hope he is serious, but I still don't see him as done anything wrong yet. Unless I missed some huge piece of evidence..
edit on 31-12-2014 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

link   

Russia's GDP is 8 times smaller than the US's
The USA has almost twice as many active military solders
The USA spends over 20 times what Russia spends on it's military
and on and on and on

Putin demanding equality with the US is a complete joke. It isn't even close.

link   

There were plenty of handshakes like this during the Cold War. It can mean anything or nothing.

I do hope peace comes. The Earth and its biosystem is way too precious for a World War over lines on a political map.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Why do you think Putin is getting friendly with China and India?

Putin has a hell of a backup plan. How long do you think the US will stand against an alliance of Russia-China-India, in addition to the growing revolutionary parties inside US itself?

Never underestimate your enemy.

edit on 31-12-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

They will get together, shake hands and smile at the Camera. Meanwhile people will be dying via proxy by both sides...

Typical politicians.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

i sincerely hope so,

2014 has pushed us nearer the brink of full blown war more than recent years,

i hope that this can strive for peace and is not a precursor for war

when the restrictions came into force, earlier this year, i thought of Russia like a cornered animal with the world bearing down, sooner or later it will either roll over or attack,

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Who knows what is being planned,

but when i see information like this about China, i always remember a Nostradamus prediction

“the yellow race will inherit the earth”

and if you believe what Nostradamus has said wouldn't you be their friend? (that's pure speculation!)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

Anyone still think he isn't a master chess player? What do you say to this, if you are Obama, without looking like a total dork if you don't try to work towards peace??

Edit: Even if this is just "for show", it will still have the same result. I do hope he is serious, but I still don't see him as done anything wrong yet. Unless I missed some huge piece of evidence..

He isn't, he tried to play hardball and do what he wanted and his economy is crumbling as a result. All the West has to do here is what they have been doing until he is ready to fully comply. Obama doesn't have to do all that much really, the rest of the world already knows Obama or whoever is President is ready and willing to work with Putin when he decides he wants to get on the same page as everyone else.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
When I see this clip from movie Network for some reason I see Putin at the end of the table listening to Arthur Jensen

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Russia's GDP is 8 times smaller than the US's
The USA has almost twice as many active military solders
The USA spends over 20 times what Russia spends on it's military
and on and on and on

Putin demanding equality with the US is a complete joke. It isn't even close.

Our economy is saddled with debt and our troops are waaay over there in Russia's back yard.

House of cards…

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

our troops are waaay over there in Russia's back yard.

That's because the US is a Global power.

Russia isnt.

Happy New Years

PEACE

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

America maybe a superpower but could they really make a difference?

this video sums it up best i think

edit on 31/12/14 by Phatdamage because: fixed link
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Though there may be many global issues going on, it is good to see President Putin making an attempt to extend a hand to President Obama to try and make some changes for the better...

1 wishes the East & West luck with finding common grounds for discussion that may eventually calm other global issues at hand.

We ALL* have to work as 1 to make the planet EA*RTH a better place for future generations of mankind.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Meh .. it will be business as usual .. the idiocy will continue ..

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Hey thanks I liked it the first dozen or so times that video was posted here at ATS.

Everything is transient.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

That's because the US is a Global power.

Russian and Chinese ICBM's fly around the world, too.

They don't have to occupy the world to reach it.

Longest supply lines in history are the US "global" ones.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Putin seems to think he has 18-24 months left in power before he is out of power and the country falls to 90's level mile long lines for bread. He will say anything to keep the good people of Russia happy and quiet he should have spent the money the last 15 years of good times on roads infrastructure and diversifying the country's economy instead he made a few very rich and played on the peoples nationalistic pride and love for country to destroy Russia's chance to do good for the people. he could have got rid of corruption rebuilt relations with Europe and the US became part of the world economy. not invaded Ukraine!!! Democracy for friends is not working out it seems and the people will pay for his mistakes and its sad. he doesn't care about the people only himself and his rich powerful friends.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't think the US wants peace (the US is at war for the last 16 years non-stop!)
The military complex must run on full steam, also the trade Europe has/had with Russia the US can fill that cap. + Europe investing more in military defence with this new threat which is also good for the economy from the US.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

And by "get on the same page" what do you mean exactly? I believe Putin has played it perfectly as of right now. Obama is the one seen scrambling recently...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join