It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Official Tweet Takes Credit for 50's and 60's UFO Sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is in the news today. The CIA is taking credit for a large chunk of UFO sightings from the 1950s and 1960s.

I have no doubt that many ARE ours. And I'm sure many others are explainable. However, having seen three myself, I know that many are not explainable. Anyways, I thought you all would like to see the article that came out in USA Today just a few hours ago.

USA Today

The tweet -

#1 most read on our #Bestof2014 list: Reports of unusual activity in the skies in the '50s? It was us.
1.usa.gov... (PDF 9.26MB)

The report also reveals that ground-based observers of what they thought were UFOs wrote letters to the Air Force. "This, in turn, led to the Air Force's Operation BLUE BOOK," which "collected all reports of UFO sightings" and "... attempted to explain such sightings by linking them to natural phenomena."

Finally, the kicker: "... the flights accounted for more than one-half of all UFO reports during the late 1950s and most of the 1960s."

CIA Publications - The CIA and the U2 Program

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
and not let's sit back and watch all the "they are doing it as a disinformation campaign because i KNOW they exist because (insert vague explanation here)" type comments.
Funny how little green men are a "fact"and nobody has ever been able to produce any significant evidence.
and yeah yeah i know, "do your own research i won't do it for you"
Still it will make for an interesting read, snatching that pdf now!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ha , im sure they have enough room on their plate to take responsibility for the Abduction phenomenon too, whats the matter with them , they running out of plausible deniability excuses? or is this another step to clear their names and make E.T reputable again?

I doubt that's going to happen

season greatings FlyersFan

funbox

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
and not let's sit back and watch all the "they are doing it as a disinformation campaign because i KNOW they exist because (insert vague explanation here)" type comments.
Funny how little green men are a "fact"and nobody has ever been able to produce any significant evidence.
and yeah yeah i know, "do your own research i won't do it for you"
Still it will make for an interesting read, snatching that pdf now!

Great snide comment to get the discussion rolling . It's posts like this that deter people from even replying.
You obviously have no interest in UFOs so go and play elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Until some of the actual secret crafts are rolled out its just a story, I highly doubt the bulk of UFO sightings back then were a combination of rockets, and the U-2 and SR-71/OXCART programs. Those aircrafts don't stop on a dime, hover and then shoot off in a different direction completely silent.

a reply to: LoopyLou

Haven't you noticed that's the thing to do as a first reply to a thread?

edit on 31-12-2014 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
this is another example of the Big-Brother Government telling all Its' children to sit down, listen up & behave...

Gov't is saying: 'We' are privy to more information than you are... even with the Indy News sources on the internet/Wi-Fi that are rogue operations from the MSM 'We' release information through....

(the noose is tightening on the independent thinkers...)
edit on st31142003253031282015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

ADD: have a riotous new year tonight....ff & everyone
edit on st31142003323231402015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I thought all this was already common knowledge.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Yes it's become glaringly obvious of late , especially in these forums.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Never been interested in the 95%, it's always been about the unknowns anyway, let them debunk away to deter even more from the truth. I guess they'll take credit next for all the UFO's seen at nuclear installations and during WWII.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well then I want to know...

What the hell is the CIA doing all over South America? The new UFO hotspots. Huh?

CdT

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This accidental camouflage is worldwide. I’ve found that the Soviet 'UFO flap' of crescent UFOs in 1967-8 was caused by top secret space-to-ground nuke warhead tests [most UFO experts still refuse to believe it] and years of missile tests from NW Russian military sites regularly sparked major public panics over aliens. As recently as 2009 a spinning missile seen from Norway freaked out the Internet. In recent years it’s been also happening in China.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good to see that between orchestrating regime changes, spying on U.S. Citizens, sabotaging ME infrastructure, and torturing detainees, the CIA can still find time to have a sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

"accidental camouflage" ? my god man , did it ever occur that a mystery can be interwoven with the truth , creating a dystopia of amusement not only for us but for them too whilst making blind men blind on the inside, this is the kind of deliberate gaming we should pay careful attention to0,as the consequences I feel won't be much fun

funbox

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Only somebody with little or no knowledge of the amount, and varying nature, of reported UFO sightings during the period stated would buy this complete nonsense.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
Well then I want to know...

What the hell is the CIA doing all over South America? The new UFO hotspots. Huh?

CdT

Are you kidding? The CIA was all over Central and South America then. The Cold War is often thought as one between the US and USSR but it was a world war in that the US and Soviet Union spied on each other as well as their proxies.

Back in the 1960s a lot of South American countries were part of the non-aligned movement.

It would not shock me if the CIA flew over these countries either with the U2 or drones (and they probably had them way back then, remember the secret stuff is usually 30 years more advanced than what is in the open world).

Drone helicopters can do plenty of UFO-like movements. No aliens required. It also would make sense why these objects would be lit at night, to avoid being hit by air traffic.

Why would extraterrestrials need running lights? Answer: They wouldn't.

Logic then says, most of that stuff would be government.
edit on 31-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Propaganda piece, they want everyone to believe they are the all powerful all knowing masters of the world.

Instead of the red tape beauacracy that can barely find its own butt with both hands a GPS, a map a compass and 30 minions to tell them how awesome and powerful they are.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: JimOberg

"accidental camouflage" ? my god man , did it ever occur that a mystery can be interwoven with the truth ,
funbox

Or there is no mystery at all. Remember "Mirage Men"?

When it serves intelligence agencies to perpetuate UFOs (their own secret doings) as extraterrestrial aliens flying in almost cartoonish fashion and doing nothing at all useful, of course they will.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

present past , how could you tell?

what I want to know is when your going to get a diagonal, for the poor person in your av, the one with a stiff neck and good knee's

seasons best wishes to you , peeps

funbox

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
MORE BUSHWA PROPAGANDA FROM THE OUTFIT THAT BROUGHT YOU THE BAY OF PIGS AND MANY OTHER STUPID FIASCOS.....
THE IDIOCY GOES ON.....MEH

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join