It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMCS Fredericton on way to Mediterranean for NATO mission

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
From the never happened
Canadians Are Angry,Canadian frigate departs for Mediterranean Sea over Ukraine crisis

Oh Grand Joe Harper is playing with fire and after this announcement Canadians want Harper gone and the majority of the Canadians are upset about it, sending a frigate to the Mediterranean it seems no doubt near Syria. Why else would you send a battleship near the Mediterranean sea? i wonder whose country are they going to provoke with? Syria? Serbia?

Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said the ship is being dispatched as part of a broader Canadian message to Russian President Vladimir Putin that Ottawa disapproves of his government’s involvement in the Ukraine. “Whether it be with the deployment of this ship, with the deployment of our air force and the soldiers we have had on the ground we are absolutely committed to sending out the message that what Putin has done is unacceptable,” the minister said after the departure ceremonies.

So sending a frigate into the Mediterranean Sea over Ukraine crisis is not provokiong the bear is it now? its only spreading peace and protection right?

the ship is meant to send a message to Russian President Vladimir Putin that his involvement in Ukraine is "unacceptable.”

Canada trying to be like America a war mongering nation under Harper. Whose trying to pretend that his Reagen. From the same Harper that brought us the old classic Bibi's favorite.

I leave you this.

I am quite sure Putin must so scared.

also i am wondering. Whatever happened to the shirt front on Putin as promised by Tony? chickened out?
edit on Wed Dec 31 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit to use source title

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yeah pretty sure we didn't concent to this.

I never once even implied we should do this. This is sending a bad message to the world about Canadians.
We don't want people to know about our Secret Army. As far anyone knows. We don't have an Army >.>

WTF Harper? Russia is right beside us.

Harper is a Terrorist trying to evoke missles upon my beautiful country D:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Better off sending the damn thing to the arctic if he really wants confrontation.......
But hey Syria is the real agenda here right now....well deal with Putin later right....?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

We don't have an Army >.>

I liked Canada when it was just a peacekeeping force and when it was minded its own business elsewhere America should learn a few things about not meddling in affairs of other nations the same they are trying to do in Ukraine. So far i haven't seen convincing evidence of Russia invading Ukraine.

Oh yes i know a few members here have tried so many times over and over even with insults to get through there message the fact is my fellow Canadian freind.

The people in Crimea wanted to be with Russia as Russia has rights to Crimea, back in Ukraine's past Crimea was also occupied by the Turks.

Yet Americans nor NATO have any rights of holding Crimea.

I never once even implied we should do this. This is sending a bad message to the world about Canadians.

A very bad message even to Europe and the middle east, we already fracked up Libya and left it to rot in Chaos, i love how some are trying to defend that though.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The fact that they are sending the ship in the Mediterranean Sea no doubly near the Syrian waters is a very stupid suicidal political gesture.

Thus this just proves Russia's point about the west.

But hey Syria is the real agenda here right now

Nothing like letting Islamists ISIS win right even under the MSM lies that they were supposedly fighting them ? surprisingly how the MSM are all quiet now on the ISIS.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
sending a frigate to the Mediterranean

If you had read the story you would have seen

Frigate replaces HMCS Toronto

So it is just the normal cycle of replacing another ship!.

Why else would you send a battleship

What Battleship? Canada has never had a battleship....
edit on 31-12-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I did read the article nice try by claiming that i haven't read it.

So it is just the normal cycle of rerplacing another ship!.

Your hilarious did you even read the article correctly?

the ship is meant to send a message to Russian President Vladimir Putin that his involvement in Ukraine is "unacceptable.”

They replaced the ship because the other one was buzzed by the Russian mig fighters and how is sending a frigate being a normal part of the cycle when you have the Defence Minister saying this was send to send a bullying message to Putin?

Care to comment on that eh?

What Battleship? Canada has never had a battleship....

I was being sarcastic. Seems you arent in the mood.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

#1 - This is the proper title for your thread - HMCS Fredericton on way to Mediterranean for NATO mission

#2 - No where in the article does it even discuss Canadians being angry. The article actually shows support for the military.

#3 - It's part of a larger NATO based deployment.

Seriously - at what point are you going to stop using misleading / blatantly false titles for your threads?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

From the never happened
Canadians Are Angry,Canadian frigate departs for Mediterranean Sea over Ukraine crisis

Oh Grand Joe Harper is playing with fire and after this announcement Canadians want Harper gone and the majority of the Canadians are upset about it, sending a frigate to the Mediterranean it seems no doubt near Syria. Why else would you send a battleship near the Mediterranean sea? i wonder whose country are they going to provoke with? Syria? Serbia?

Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said the ship is being dispatched as part of a broader Canadian message to Russian President Vladimir Putin that Ottawa disapproves of his government’s involvement in the Ukraine. “Whether it be with the deployment of this ship, with the deployment of our air force and the soldiers we have had on the ground we are absolutely committed to sending out the message that what Putin has done is unacceptable,” the minister said after the departure ceremonies.

So sending a frigate into the Mediterranean Sea over Ukraine crisis is not provokiong the bear is it now? its only spreading peace and protection right?

Canada trying to be like America a war mongering nation under Harper. Whose trying to pretend that his Reagen. From the same Harper that brought us the old classic Bibi's favorite.

I leave you this.

I am quite sure Putin must so scared.

also i am wondering. Whatever happened to the shirt front on Putin as promised by Tony? chickened out?

The Canadians are #ing stupid and blind.
What do you people expect when your governments are actively in the dark destabilising yet another country and this time right next door to Putin.
There was no need for it in the first place...... You reap what you sow.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

They replaced the ship because the other one was buzzed by the Russian mig fighters

As expected, you never read it as you missed this bit!

HMCS Fredericton will replace HMCS Toronto, which left Halifax in July and began its NATO mission in August. "Toronto needs you. They've been there a long time and they want to come home and have their Christmas. To them, the best gift will be to see you arriving in Spain and doing a turnover with them," said Rear Admiral John Newton during Tuesday's news conference

So how long should it have stayed over there? As you can see, it is just a routine changeover.

and how is sending a frigate being a normal part of the cycle

Well, it happens all the time with Navy ships... again how long do you expect them to stay overseas? This changeover is no different.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
#2 - No where in the article does it even discuss Canadians being angry. The article actually shows support for the military.

As I said, it is obvious he never even read it!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There is a need for NATO only because NATO exists......

There is a need for the US army only because the US imperialistic army exists...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

In the article it shows the support for the ship from the family members whom are on the ship. Since you didn't read i will post the quotes.

Angela Rose's husband is also aboard HMCS Fredericton. She tries to help her two-year-old son Charlie keep track of his dad.

"We've got a big map of the world at home and a little picture of a ship with his dad's face on it, and we'll move it around and I'll talk to him about it," Rose said.

In the article itself it doesn't show the support for the military expect then nothing more then the family well wishes and goodbyes to there loved ones on aboard the ship.

#2 - No where in the article does it even discuss Canadians being angry.

The reason i tilted the thread as it is, is because we Canadians are angry over this issue and how Harper is destorying Canada image to the world.

Seriously - at what point are you going to stop using misleading / blatantly false titles for your threads?

You mean like you threads on How Russia is invading Ukraine and such others right Xcathdr?

I have never mislaed anyone on my threads you and your pals have tried so hard to claim that but couldn't.

#3 - It's part of a larger NATO based deployment.
Nothing like acting like a Bully right?

Sending a ship near the Syrian waters at the Mediterranean seas.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So how long should it have stayed over there? As you can see, it is just a routine changeover.

The reasoning they changed the ship was because of this.
Russian military planes buzzed HMCS Toronto in Black Sea

So its not routine changeover at all, otherwise the article would have stated now would it? at least the Toronto sun artlice explains it better though.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I guess you dont read the comment sections of the articles nor search the Canadian forums for reactions oh well.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Feel free to point out in your op article that Canadians are angry.
Instead of protesting their deployment they supported it.

Russia did in fact invade Ukraine and is illegally occupying crimea.

Your thread is misleading and your effort to try and justify your thread title change to push a false image is worthy of RT.

So lets recap.
This Canadian operation is part of a larger NATO deployment.
The people present when the ship deployed supported the deployment.
Canadians are not angry.

Syria is a nation with a coast line in the med. Outside the 12 miles any nation can traverse the area under freedom of navigation.

So - a question for you.
Whats the point of this thread?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I guess you dont read the comment sections of the articles nor search the Canadian forums for reactions oh well.

So you are using comments in the comment section and are just assuming they are:

* - all Canadians
* - representative of 30million + Canadians

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ummm.. I would appreciate it if you did NOT speak for me, a fellow Canadian. No matter my opinion of Harper, YOU have no jurisdiction to say to the rest of the world how I (and many others) feel.

It's best if you just stick to the title of the actual article and give your own opinion.

a reply to: Xcathdra

The reason i tilted the thread as it is, is because we Canadians are angry over this issue and how Harper is destorying Canada image to the world.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The reasoning they changed the ship was because of this.
Russian military planes buzzed HMCS Toronto in Black Sea

According to whom? Again, you never read that article, as you missed this...

The frigate HMCS Toronto left Halifax in late July to replace HMCS Regina, which has been a part of the Standing NATO Maritime Forces since May.

So as you can see, Canada has had a ship over there for some time, and routinely changes them.

So its not routine changeover at all, otherwise the article would have stated now would it?

It did, but you did not understand it.

Again, how long should it have stayed over there? It is just a routine change.

Where is your source for Canadians being angry over it? (apart from the 2 men shouting at each other on the Canadian flag)
edit on 31-12-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join